6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

New BRIGHTER lights for 2015 F-250

Old 11-01-2014, 10:26 AM
nsrt
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New BRIGHTER lights for 2015 F-250

Can anyone recommend new lights and /or a light bar with mounts for bumper. for 2015 F-250
Where we live it is extremely dark ( no street lights at all ) and a lot of wildlife, so I need to make night into day

Any help, links, etc would be appreciated

Thanks

Old 11-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Blapensee
Elder User
Originally Posted by nsrt
Can anyone recommend new lights and /or a light bar with mounts for bumper. for 2015 F-250
Where we live it is extremely dark ( no street lights at all ) and a lot of wildlife, so I need to make night into day

Any help, links, etc would be appreciated

Thanks
i travel in similar conditions. i added some 55w 6k hids for headlights the output is great. HUGE difference. also i put rigid industries duallys spot lights with there bracket kit inpace of the fog lights. the rigid industries fog light lenses were way to wide and would blind other drivers, the spot lights shoot farther and art nearly as wide. also i use one of apexleds 20" bars with rigid industries brackets incase i want a little more light

hope it was what your looking for

Old 11-01-2014, 12:54 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm waiting for somebody to try the led bulbs that swap directly into the stock light sockets.

I think they're out now so eventually somebody will try them and give us a report. The best case scenario is for somebody to find something that is a good improvement while also being an easy swap into the factory locations using the factory housings.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:43 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ruschejj
I'm waiting for somebody to try the led bulbs that swap directly into the stock light sockets.

I think they're out now so eventually somebody will try them and give us a report. The best case scenario is for somebody to find something that is a good improvement while also being an easy swap into the factory locations using the factory housings.
I've got them, but it seems like an all afternoon task to install them and I just don't have the time these days.. Also there were some comments that the LED lights don't project enough forward heat energy to keep the lens free from snow and ice.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:05 AM
LabCab
Laughing Gas
Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
Randy,
I will be interested in your evaluation once you get time and then test them out. I would love to convert to LED headlights in my 2015 F350 some day if the are better than stock.
Pat

Old 11-02-2014, 10:07 AM
vermilian
Senior User
I've got led fog lights in my truck, direct swap from the factory ones. There a 6000k bulb so they match my 55w hids perfectly. I've noticed some pretty good visibility increases in foggy conditions. I like them.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:57 AM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
I've got them, but it seems like an all afternoon task to install them and I just don't have the time these days.. Also there were some comments that the LED lights don't project enough forward heat energy to keep the lens free from snow and ice.
What's the part number, source and cost of the LED's that you have? If you don't mind me asking?

Old 11-02-2014, 02:43 PM
LabCab
Laughing Gas
Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
Here is one link I found on them from here.
H13 Cree LED HI/LOW Beam Headlights

Old 11-02-2014, 06:06 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,562 Likes on 730 Posts
And these get you entered for their truck giveaway

Lights | Diesel Power Gear

Old 11-03-2014, 05:35 AM
capt caper
Fleet Mechanic
Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Blapensee
i travel in similar conditions. i added some 55w 6k hids for headlights the output is great. HUGE difference. also i put rigid industries duallys spot lights with there bracket kit inpace of the fog lights. the rigid industries fog light lenses were way to wide and would blind other drivers, the spot lights shoot farther and art nearly as wide. also i use one of apexleds 20" bars with rigid industries brackets incase i want a little more light

hope it was what your looking for
Do the Rigid spot lights use the Fog light wireing? or did you run a seperate wire and in cab switch? Also can you give a link to the one you bought ? Did you take out your fog's?

Old 11-03-2014, 11:39 AM
lwk362393
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have one of these mounted in my bumper and it works great! Wired to aux switch #4.

http://smile.amazon.com/Masione-Floo...+led+light+bar

Old 11-03-2014, 11:44 AM
Brandon D
Lead Foot User
Originally Posted by ruschejj

I took the plunge and bought the LED's to give them a try. Keep in mind these are in my NON factory headlight housings. I'm currently running HID's but was annoyed with the "warm up" period when I switched to high beams. So I changed to LED's on Saturday and from all accounts they are a waste of money. I left one side HID and the other LED and the HID side was WAY brighter with a much more focused light. The LED's seemed to shine everywhere but where you needed them. I removed the LED 30 minutes later and re-installed the HID. Maybe a person would have better luck in the factory housing but if not then I would say they are a waste of time and money. On a side note I've got a brand new set of H1 LED bulbs for sale, CHEAP!! haha

Old 11-03-2014, 10:34 PM
Wizness
Senior User
I did this on mine. Works perfect for what I need.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:22 PM
89LX306
Fleet Mechanic
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by lwk362393
I have one of these mounted in my bumper and it works great! Wired to aux switch #4.

Robot Check
Just a heads up...I purchased this on Amazon the other day for $59. They had it marked down even further than what I had seen them for in the past. Seemed too cheap to pass up.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:58 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 89LX306
Just a heads up...I purchased this on Amazon the other day for $59. They had it marked down even further than what I had seen them for in the past. Seemed too cheap to pass up.
I got it delivered for $66..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New BRIGHTER lights for 2015 F-250