Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

November chat and general BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 06:38 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
Hmm, almost a week and no one has anything to say? Guess no one is a Razorback fan...everyone was froze in place for a couple of days...and everyone is on holiday break early.
Working my a$$ off lately. :-( Guess the paycheck will be good though.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:50 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
That makes one of us

Old 11-21-2014, 04:24 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
Hmm, almost a week and no one has anything to say? Guess no one is a Razorback fan...everyone was froze in place for a couple of days...and everyone is on holiday break early.

Been busy, lazy & tired. Stopped watching collage football shortly after high school. Not frozen in place, just complaining about having to break out my overalls in November.

Had to pick up a few panels this afternoon & remembered to weight my 750..... might as well call it an even 16,000 pounds.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:46 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mechmagcn

Hey Jeff,

I remember a few years ago we got to talking about plumbing, and you were a big proponent of PEX. Do you still feel the same about it?

I'm getting ready to plumb up the shop, and I am really considering using PEX, apparently there are a many people that use it for air as well as water. There is a video on youtube of it being tested to 700psi and it didn't even deform.

One thing that concerns me is the apparent sensitivity to UV.. although any that were exposed I could simply cover with insulation.

Are you using the copper or the stainless crimp rings? The pex-a uponor system that uses expansion for the fittings looks really nice, but the tool is around $300.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:03 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by tojoski
Hey Jeff,

I remember a few years ago we got to talking about plumbing, and you were a big proponent of PEX. Do you still feel the same about it?

I'm getting ready to plumb up the shop, and I am really considering using PEX, apparently there are a many people that use it for air as well as water. There is a video on youtube of it being tested to 700psi and it didn't even deform.

One thing that concerns me is the apparent sensitivity to UV.. although any that were exposed I could simply cover with insulation.

Are you using the copper or the stainless crimp rings? The pex-a uponor system that uses expansion for the fittings looks really nice, but the tool is around $300.
Joe, still a big fan of PEX. My house was plumbed 5 years ago and has never been winterized. I know it froze several times since, once or twice last winter while we were living here, and have never had the first leak. Mine is all done with the brass fittings and copper crimp rings, haven't had any experience with the SS rings yet. Not sure how much pressure it'll handle, I know Mt. Holly water system is sometimes in the 110-115 PSI range and never had problems out there either.