Connecticut Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Nov.Thanksgiving BS Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 03:40 PM
Towmanjbo
Cargo Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Miles, I've used the PC Warehouse on the Silas Deene in Wethersfield. They replaced the screen on one of my smartphones. It's right near Burger King.

Old 11-26-2014, 03:45 PM
Towmanjbo
Cargo Master

Originally Posted by jthorngate3
Felt a little better midday today, so I thought I would try to make sure the truck would be ready to go, just in case. Air up tires, and make sure 4x4 is working well. Truck died on me. Front fuel pump seems like it's about done. The rear pump is already shot. So, I dropped the rear tank. Seemed easier to get to. The skid plates hold the tank up...now I know. Tank's out, but ran out of time because I have class tonight.
Did it die while running? Or was it a crank no-start? I have found with my pickup that if I let it sit too long, it's a real pain to start. If I just turn the key and crank, it will crank nonstop till I kill the battery. But if I quickly burp the starter repeatedly I can get it to catch

Old 11-26-2014, 03:50 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
What kind of computer Miles? I did one for a friend a couple of years ago and it wasn't that difficult. Much easier than replacing the screen on an iPad!

Old 11-26-2014, 04:05 PM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom
What kind of computer Miles? I did one for a friend a couple of years ago and it wasn't that difficult. Much easier than replacing the screen on an iPad!
Its an HP laptop, few years old. I just ordered the screen and watched the youtube video.. looks pretty simple. I'll be doing that on saturday

Old 11-26-2014, 04:52 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by acf6
Its an HP laptop, few years old. I just ordered the screen and watched the youtube video.. looks pretty simple. I'll be doing that on saturday
The one I did was also an HP laptop. You can download the official maintenance manual for your computer from HP Customer Support- | HP® Support-. Pick your exact model and then go to "User Guides". You should find the Maintenance and Service guide that covers replacing every component in the computer.

That's how I did mine.

Old 11-27-2014, 06:37 AM
gbroehl1
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy turkey day everyone. Stay safe out there.

Old 11-27-2014, 06:44 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Happy thanksgiving. The snow has stopped and we can now get down to the food and cider. Enjoy! Kathy and I went up to Harts farm in New Hampshire on Monday, and had our turkey day feast. yum. So today it's chicken.

Miles I read your doing it yourself great. If you run into trouble that PC Computer in Weathersfield nest to the Burger King was great with my virus problems. brought it in in the morning and a few hours later it was returned to me, and fare pricing.

Well I get to go out and start the the beast snow blower and remove the slush from the driveway. Just a couple of inches of slush.

Old 11-27-2014, 06:59 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I'm really liking my new plow setup. Yesterday afternoon I used it to clear around 4" of snow before it got dark, and I was able to do my entire driveway in about a half hour. Being ~1,200 feet long it used to take me about 2 hours with the snow blower. We have another 4" of slushy mess on the ground today, so I'm going out to clean up this morning.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:07 AM
keyul
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Old 11-27-2014, 12:26 PM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
I cleaned up the driveway this morning with my Ar ion 1128, and it took about 2 hours to do 60 feet. Mostly frozen ice. Now areas I didn't get completely melted.

Tom that new plow did the job. Good setup.

Old 11-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Old 11-27-2014, 03:08 PM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Justin, it died while running.

Happy thanksgiving everybody! We had planned to be at Cali's parents' house today, but her mom got sick. So now chicken is marinating for me to grill. Hannah seems to be under the weather, though it doesn't seem to be the same thing Cali and I dealt with. So it's probably not so bad that it was a quiet day at home.

Thanks again for all the well wishes, guys.

As far as the truck goes, I'm struggling with what to do. I prefer to do the job the right way once, but my want to get the truck on the road quickly has me contemplating just swapping the pump. My other thoughts include replacing the tank with a plastic one, and getting a new sending unit, pump, and plug. Even just a new sending unit and pump would mean waiting, as I would order it from Broncograveyard.com . The price is best and it comes as a set.

Old 11-28-2014, 05:12 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Morning on this black Friday. It was a little chilly out there when I took the dogs out earlier. I stay out of the stores today, but the wife will go for a few things.

I hope everyone is stuffed from the turkey and I'm guessing leftovers today.

Enjoy....

Old 11-28-2014, 05:14 AM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Good morning...never went to bed. We went to cabelas and stood in line and I won a $50 gift card lol. Now at the cosmic omelet for breakfast

Old 11-28-2014, 05:17 AM
Nice Work Truck
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good morning guys.

I am going to put new pads and rotors on the Explorer and new pads on the front of my truck today.
I also am going to spray all of them with Fluid Film this weekend to get them ready for winter.
Sunday looks a little warmer for that and a good washing.

Quick Reply: Nov.Thanksgiving BS Thread.