All things Spiritual....

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 06:23 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
All things Spiritual....

I want this understood from the beginning:

I fully understand that this is a topic liable to become highly volatile. I WON'T PUT UP WITH disparaging comments, profanity, deliberately baiting people, or outright ignorance here.

I honestly believe we are far better than that.
And I am a moderator.

Although I am very broad minded, I reserve the right to delete, modify, or dispose of any material herein that is contrary to a "Good, healthy, and exploratory discussion" of religion, spiritualism, and etcetera.

That being said -
I myself am a spiritualist.
"SPIRITUALISM" is the root concept which embodies that "There is something greater than I am"

"RELIGION" is (for simplicity) defined as:

"The manner, means, method, observances, and set beliefs of a given group for "observing, worshipping, outlining, defining, and or believing in" a "DEITY" (however you may concieve of him, her, or IT.)

You may be Native American, Buddhist, Taoist, Christian, or Muslim here. I encourage you to take part in any and all discussions.

BUT!

RESPECT one another....

We are all we have.

And with that - here we go!

Last edited by Greywolf; 07-16-2003 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-16-2003, 06:25 PM
theologian
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All things Spiritual....

I am keeping out of this one.......

Old 07-16-2003, 06:31 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
All things Spiritual....

'Don't see why, but it's up to you.
Can I get advice from time to time?

Old 07-16-2003, 06:33 PM
theologian
Postmaster
All things Spiritual....

of course.

Old 07-16-2003, 06:34 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
All things Spiritual....

Thank you. I expect it will become quite a cross section of beliefs (if I'm lucky).

Old 07-16-2003, 06:59 PM
theologian
Postmaster
All things Spiritual....

It is an interesting thread concept - I try to keep out of most of the spiritually inclined threads, or religious objection ones, because I am totally inflexible in my belief - I have nothing to debate. I say what is what by my Order, and people get annoyed.. So I shut up most times.

Theo

Old 07-16-2003, 07:57 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
All things Spiritual....

Let me be clear on this, okay?

You can hold tight to a personal belief system and offer what seems pertinant out of it. There will be others who think/believe differently, but that is a choice they make.

I have little knowlege of the Knights Templar, and indeed -
Bare parsings regarding other orders.

My focus has been on similarities among the various schools of thought out there, and in my own view I consider no one precisely wrong. I believe rather that all religions attempt to describe much the same thing, from different perspectives and points of view.

The only parts that bother me particularly are areas where harm to others are permitted by some religious faiths. And even the Muslims actually are a peaceful religion -but it has been twisted at local levels until hatred rather than peace is the end result.

My hope in this thread is that the similarities may come out and be looked at, aside from any other issues. There may well be a common ground!

And if so, amicable discussions may take place. Thoughts and ideas shared -

Rather than the usual "Cow Pie Flinging" that happens so many times when this topic is opened up.

'Could prove to be an interesting discussion! I have my fingers crossed.

Last edited by Greywolf; 07-16-2003 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:19 PM
Ultramagdan
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
All things Spiritual....

"It is an interesting thread concept - I try to keep out of most of the spiritually inclined threads, or religious objection ones, because I am totally inflexible in my belief - I have nothing to debate. I say what is what by my Order, and people get annoyed.. So I shut up most times"

Theo, I'm with you. The older and wiser (?) I get. The more I understand and study my religion AND WHY I BELIEVE in it. I can talk to others of different religions but when I do I find myself questioning why they believe what they do. Most cannot provide a good response. It seems to me that most just do not know their faith. The ones that come door to door seem to know the least and are fun to toy with once or twice but after that you want to tell them to go back and study what they are preaching.

Let it be said there is right and wrong, a black and a white. A grey area is not a place to stake out a position. You can judge a man by his convictions.

Old 07-16-2003, 10:36 PM
rustyolred27
Senior User
All things Spiritual....

I believe in the "BIG BANG FACTS"...............GOD said it and bang it happened. I will not stand down on my religious beliefs in the FATHER, the SON and the HOLY GHOST. As a citizen of the USA we have the right to believe in any god that we want to or no god at all if a person so chooses. Also as a citizen of the USA I have the right to state my beliefs proudly. I believe that our U.S. currency still states "IN GOD WE TRUST" I also believe that even though we may not all have the same religious beliefs, that we all come here to this board for one reason(more or less) and that is FORD trucks. If you do not believe the same way that someone else does please do not let that cloud your judgment of a persons ability to give good, sound advice about your vehicle or vehicles problem. In closing i believe in blood bought salvation and that JESUS CHRIST is coming soon to take those bought by that same blood to heaven to live forever with the FATHER.

Old 07-16-2003, 11:33 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
All things Spiritual....

I in turn believe that there was in fact a Jesus, and that he was a very advanced soul.

And yet by 'advanced' I mean he had lived many times here, and in living learned much - so that he was about ready to move on.

Several thousand lifetimes, I expect.

But I have a radically different outlook than most people, I hope you take no offence by my thoughts here.

Old 07-17-2003, 08:04 AM
theologian
Postmaster
All things Spiritual....

*theo tries hard to turn off the PC, struggling to reach the switch.. Oh well, failed *

Last edited by theologian; 07-17-2003 at 08:12 AM.
Old 07-18-2003, 02:30 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
All things Spiritual....

Mmm - odd how those silly buttons can get so blasted hard to find...