New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!

Old Truck, New Member

Old 10-27-2014, 03:58 PM
DoubleOh7
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Truck, New Member

Greetings - new kid on the block.Have debated joining for years, but now's the time. As mentioned in the WA chapter section, I'm hardly new to the Ford truck. Have had many. At least one or two from every century since or before I was born.

Though I have had a '67 for some time, the body is just a bit too far gone for me to justify doing the things to it I felt I wanted to do; namely, king pins, better transmission, fix the brake booster hiss, and a host of other things. It's all new underneath, but the body belies all of this.

My current '67 DarthRanger (I know, it's not really a Ranger, but that was the grille someone put on it)

Notice the wheel-house in the back bed...

Don't let the 7777 Rustoleum paint job fool you. It's rough.

This is under the hood though...

Fully rebuilt and mocking the HiPo engines of the 60's.

It's going up for sale soon, but my latest acquisition is this '66, which is the type I've always wanted since getting rid of my '56 Panel - but were always so far gone when I found them. After spending 25 years on the panel, I didn't want to spend another 25 years on something. So I bode my time awaiting a survivor slick to show up. Here it is:

My latest acquisition - a 1966 Custom Cab

Found on Craigslist. Was stored for 16 years until I bought it.

I've got a lot of questions about it - it's a bit of an enigma for me - but I guess I'll post those questions in the slick 60's section. It's very clean and only has minor molestation to it. I'm sure it came with a 3 speed, but is now a C6. Not sure if the motor is what at this point - other than an FE. PO claimed a 390, but he never really worked on it. He bought it to restore in 1998, but never did. The interior is very original "looking" but not, at the same time. It's a plush thing with sewn-in buttons for the doors, headliner and seat upholstery. All in very good shape, except the seat back top, where maybe sun beat in on it.

Did this get reupholstered, or did Ford do this sort of thing in 1966? It seems a bit to "plush" for a factory interior, but pulling some bits out makes me wonder now.

Anyway, that's where I'm at with the trucks currently in my possession.

I'm also big into Falcons (I have a '63 Ranchero too...) and am the Pres of the WA State FCA. I've always liked and had Ford Trucks having had a '50 F2, '56 Panel, '57 F100 in high school, an '88 Ranger, 78 F350, and probably a few others I've forgotten.

Looking forward to leaning more about this new one.

Old 10-27-2014, 04:02 PM
NFLD FLARESIDE
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
welcome, nice

Old 10-28-2014, 01:50 PM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome to the site