Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Golden Fuel Systems or BioFuels Technologies Vegistroke
Golden Fuel Systems 0 0%
BioFuels Technologies Vegistroke 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2014, 04:08 PM
New User

7.3dieselMike is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Golden Fuel Systems v. BioFuels Technologies Vegistroke

Truck: 1997 Powerstroke 7.3l diesel. I'm having trouble deciding between these two kits: Golden Fuel Systems WVO kit & the BioFuels Technologies Vegistroke WVO kit. The Golden Fuel Systems kit costs $3,379.84 and comes with a heated tank. The BioFuels Technologies Vegistroke kit costs $3,495 without their $825-$1,225 heated tank. The forum posts about the BioFuels Technologies Vegistroke kit also mention that my year model truck has to be converted to electronic fuel injection to work with this kit which also will make the BioFuels Technologies Vegistroke kit more costly, where as the Golden Fuel Systems kit doesn't require conversion. Can someone with experience with either or both of these kits say whether the BioFuels Technologies Vegistroke kit is worth $1000+ more than the Golden Fuel Systems kit? Thanks in advance
Old 11-18-2014, 08:28 AM
Senior User

brobrad is starting off with a positive reputation.
Experience

I have owned both kits. I still have some Golden fuel valves that I plan to use on a 12 valve conversion. I'm a plant drive installer, but have personally installed grease car, Vegi stroke, plant drive and soon to be Golden fuel. The Cadillac of all systems is the Vegistroke. I'm supposing that you mean you'll have to use an electric fuel pump as opposed to the mechanical fuel pump??? If I remember correctly the 97 the injector pump has a low side that serves as the lift pump if that's what your talking about, it doesn't cost $1000 to do that swap. I may be way of so correct me if that's not it. I swapped a 97 over to plant drive for a guy 2 years ago. He can't get oil, so I bought the truck form him and i'll pick it up Thursday.
I've totally dissembled a Vegistroke before. I have 100k WVO miles on mine when I sold the truck. They are the best on the market by far. I've also had the GFS valves apart. They are good, but not near as robust as the BFT system. The install for the BFT will be much cleaner as well. There's no looped hoses and brackets/wires etc. The BFT is a much cleaner install. I'll pm you my number if you'd like to call.
Old 11-18-2014, 11:51 AM
New User

7.3dieselMike is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for your very informative post brobrad. I'm now leaning towards BFT. I don't know what the cost will be to switch over to an e-fuel system. From my research it's what needs to be done on an OBS 7.3 for it to be compatible with the Vegistroke kit. I may be wrong about this though. Please let me know if I am, I don't want to do anything unnecessary. The $1000 difference I was referring to was the difference in the price of the kits themselves. While both kits cost roughly $3,400, the GFS kit includes a heated fuel tank in the price, whereas BFT is asking $825-$1,225 for theirs on top of the $3,495 kit price, hence the $1,000 difference.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Senior User

bike_guy123 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a GFS system on my 2000 power stroke....other than cleaning the outside of the tank, regular filter changes and a couple of gaskets, its a great set up. Charles installed mine nearly 100k ago, and it is still running smooth. I have no experience with any other systems, but can offer a testimonial on the quality of GFS....customer service is good to...

Mike In MN
Old 11-19-2014, 06:22 PM
Senior User

brobrad is starting off with a positive reputation.
fuel change

I did look up the electric fuel pump change. It's not that big of a deal. It wouldn't be too hard to do, and it only consists of a fuel pump and regulator. Hope it all works out well. Keep us updated on what you do.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:22 PM