6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Premium Sony Audio in 2015 truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 02:08 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Premium Sony Audio in 2015 truck

Hey y'all. I know this is a 6.7 forum but, well, you know.

I need a wiring diagram and color key for wires for the Sony sound system.

I want to know what signal and power is behind the rear seats at the amp and sub.

I also want to know the wattage of the amp that is back there.

How do I find this info?

Old 10-25-2014, 04:09 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,414 Likes on 1,009 Posts
Let me look at mine as see what I see.

That is the amp I was talking about in your other thread...maybe replacing that with one that will give you some more boost.

Old 10-25-2014, 05:20 PM
senix
Super Moderator
I looked all over and could not find a thing. I have no idea. I looked through my manuals and could not find a thing either.

I would be bet is on the backside so you would have to completely remove it.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:01 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Thanks Scott. I know what you mean.

All I want to know is what wire's are left/right and front/back, also if there's a power wire and a low frequency wire. I might have to remove it and take a speaker in my hand and start figuring it out the hard way.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:49 PM
Brandon D
Lead Foot User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ruschejj
Thanks Scott. I know what you mean.

All I want to know is what wire's are left/right and front/back, also if there's a power wire and a low frequency wire. I might have to remove it and take a speaker in my hand and start figuring it out the hard way.
Please be sure to share your results as I'll be doing a similar install in the next few weeks. Cheers

Old 10-26-2014, 07:06 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Where is sidwell

Sidwell is pretty good at this stuff..maybe he knows..Paging Sidwell

Old 10-26-2014, 12:11 PM
MPD56
Elder User
Hey ruschejj:

I have a 2013 with Sony Audio System and it is different from non Sony System and even the Premium Audio System in my 2008. When I first got my 2013, I didn’t think that it was as good sounding as my 2008 and after research I have since adjusted with control settings to my liking that I could live with. I did have a link back then from an Auto Audio Site and when I find the link, I’ll post it.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o> </o>
1) I have a wiring diagram but not able to post it, maybe someone else could. From the diagram, the Subwoofer Amplifier on a Sony system doesn’t have its own power source like a non Sony system. So really it is just a Bass Speaker, the thing is that this speaker has two separate bass signals going to it.
<o></o>
2) The signal to the rear bass speaker is from the Audio Signal Processing Module (DSP). As I posted above, it is two bass signals. The SUB signals SUBW 1+ is VT-GN and SUBW 1- GN-WH. SUBW 2+ is WH-BN and SUBW 2- is VY-OG. Since these wires are connected directly to the bass speaker I would not believe that a bass amplifier is behind the rear seat. This might not mean that the there isn’t a 12 volt power source for a non Sony System there?<o></o>

3) Since the DSP is fused at 20 amps to power (run) all the speaker’s, I’m assuming that the whole system can put out not more then 240 watts. <o></o>

4) Again I will try to find the link. If we knew what you were trying to do, we could maybe be more specific.<o></o>
<o></o>

Old 10-26-2014, 12:20 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Ok, thanks much mpd

What I want to do is unplug the amp that is behind the rear seat attached to the sub enclosure.

Then I want to use the existing wiring to feed my own amp, and feed my own subs.

So, in theory, I would just be swapping out what's there with new stuff. Fosgate 250w amp and twin kicker 10" subs.

Obviously, I will run a new power line from the batt.

My hope is that I wouldn't need to re wire all the speaker signals, just use what's already there.

Old 10-26-2014, 01:57 PM
MPD56
Elder User
Just to add: I’m just guessing with the information I have. I would contact Fosgate to be sure.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o> </o>
The Sony DSP has the subwoofer amplifier within. It is set up (configured) as a DVC Subwoofer output signal. One signal is the true low bass signal and the other is to give the bass speaker a better range (high and mid bass). I’m not sure if you can use these signals as an input to the Fosgate amp, but I can’t see why not.