Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Mudflaps...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 09:17 PM
dmanlyr
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
WOW I have evidently hit your hot button, did I not say my opinion and each the their own? I did not once come on here and personally attack you , or anyone else in this thread, I was only expressing my opinions, as well as certain facts as they pertained to WA state RCW's.

If you want to make this personally, so be it, you are totally WRONG on several of your statements, so sorry to say bud.

Remember though, I was being nice in my posts, until your attack. I await YOUR apology. Until then, here are a few responses to what you have posted. Enjoy reading! I am sure that you will not like these any better.....

Originally Posted by BruteFord
What do you mean by "illegally lift there trucks"? There is nothing illegal in WA about lifting your truck. And FWIW while there are a few states with lift laws I very much disagree, it's my property, I'll do with it as I wish. Same with the laws I posted, my point was largely about hypocrisy, not that everyone must blindly follow and study every little point of these ridiculous laws.

Read what I posted and try to fathom it, ok? I did not say ALL lifted trucks, I only referred to those that were lifted illegally and did not meet state RCW's. Clearer now? Yes it is your property to do with as you want, but NOT ON OUR SHARED ROADS. You DO NOT own them, you agree when you license your vehicle for street use to FOLLOW the regulations! So, keep your illegal junk, if you have any that is, off OUR roads, ok?

So you say ridiculous, I say great, the law is there to keep you from damaging my windshield or paint from rocks and other debris that could have been prevented by the simple use of mud flaps, fender flares, etc, Basically how the trucks were made when new, or when modified legally within the intent and scope of the law.

For sure I do not know who died and made you God, but you have no right to damage anything I have when you are driving on our shared roads. Off road, on your property if I were to be parked there, I would have nothing to say, but you DO NOT OWN OUR SHARED ROADS, get it?

I googled the Raptor width prior to that post, it's 79.something excluding the mirrors. Last I looked 79 was less then 80.

The body is, the fender flares make it over 80". And hard fender flares ARE considered part of the body. The rims stick out as well, and overall rim width is also regulated to either under 80 or over 80.

Tires are not part of body width(wheels are though) and in many sections of width laws some fender flares and all mirrors are exempt/separate with there own limitations.

As a commercial driver I am well aware of the rules here. You are allowed 1" per side for tire bulge. the tread part MUST BE covered or within the fender / fender flare lips. Rims ARE part of the measurement, so if the rims stick out further than 79.9" you WILL need over 80 DOT lighting. You are correct on mirrors, that is why I DID NOT mention them,

I'll fully admit I haven't read every detail of the 3 center pattern clearance light laws as they apply to pickups but as a trucker the details of those width laws are well known to me.

The law for over 80 vehicles are the same for width marker lights are all the same, although when you get into semi trailer the lighting rules change to correspond to the particular trailer type and length. If your pickup, or car for that matter is over that magic 80" then you will need to have full DOT clearance / marker lights.

This is why ALL manufactures of cars built at least in the last 35 years (probably many more) never exceeded 80", and why vehicles like the Humvee, and the Humvee II have the full DOT lighting.

You make it sound so easy, IMO that shows your ignorance on the subject, there is nothing that easy about it when your really get into the application of these laws. There are way to many layers to both the law and it's application. Sure, you can easily look up the RCWs but then there's the federal and local levels, case law, the cops opinion, the judges opinion, etc. Even something as simple as mud flaps has many layers.

In this case we were discussing WA state RCW's, so you can leave the federal government rules out of this for now, but so true there are many layers, and as a commercial driver, I am well aware of that. Ignorant? Well I guess since you have given up on possibly following any of these laws, that pretty much means that you are the ignorant one, not I sir.

So, Yup, it is easy, and clear as mud as well. Much gray area for sure, but then other parts of the rules and laws are crystal clear. The RCW's that are being kicked around are pretty clear in there wording though.

So now on the Feds - At least as far as the federal FMSCR rules go, there is a page devoted to exactly what a given word means, so individuals cannot "interpret" their own meaning of the words. A judge though, of course has a certain leeway, but given his own entity written interpretation of a word pretty much shackles his or hers freedom to "interpretation".

You know in all the years that I have been driving commercially I have never been written or stopped or placed out of service for a equipment violation? Guess reading and understanding the laws came to some good after all. Now if it were not that one time I got impatient years ago and passed illegally, I would have a ticket free commercial career as well. Sigh, it was a fair ticket, I earned it, I did break the law and I knew that. Oh well, that is part and parcel of living with what choices we make.

Sounds though like you don't care about the RCW's, and shame to anyone who actually takes the time to read and best try's to understand and follow them. Well, bud, not every one wants to be the same as you, OK? Again, remember these words, each to their own....

As to your government overregulation attitude see my previous self censored reply.

Overregulation, another lack hole it seems.... Yup I am a independent who likes smaller government and voted for Ron Paul twice, but small government only works when people do the right thing, and it sure seems, in my opinion based on what you have posted that you care less about doing the right thing, and thinking about how you actions affect others, so in your case, you are the poster child for needed government regulation.

You know, I was trying to be nice and always started and ended with each to their own, but per your post, it is my profound opinion that you are nothing but a self serving narcissist who could care rats about anyone else other than your self. Wait, that is the definition of a narcissist!

So each to their own, but keep your junk, if you have any illegal vehicles away form me when we are all driving on our roads... To recap, you DO NOT own the roads MR and I DO NOT WANT to have your illegal junk, again if you have any, cost me money by damaging my vehicles, especially if it could be prevented by simply following the law.

You know, perhaps you are having a bad day and needed to vent, this has been fun, I hope your day gets better!

Again, each to their own, make your choices and then live with them, in the end, all the bickering and moaning really means nothing, and I am closer to the end than the beginning, and this truth becomes more clear the older I get.....

David

Old 10-28-2014, 10:20 PM
BruteFord
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Deleted to fix, site is messed up again.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:50 PM
BruteFord
Postmaster
Originally Posted by dmanlyr
WOW I have evidently hit your hot button, did I not say my opinion and each the their own? I did not once come on here and personally attack you , or anyone else in this thread, I was only expressing my opinions, as well as certain facts as they pertained to WA state RCW's.
Yes it's a hot button for me, the amount of time money, risk, and stress I've incurred from the application of such laws has a very real effect that goes way beyond opinion and theory and has the very real effect of a personal attack. A cop pointing a gun at me, jailing me, threatening to kill me, fining me, taking my livelihood, etc. are very much personal attacks. Opinions even from you have a way of spreading and evolving into such action. Best to stop the expression of such opinions before they spread.

If you want to make this personally, so be it, you are totally WRONG on several of your statements, so sorry to say bud.
Yes I take it personally, you have not said how you think I'm wrong, and I'm not your bud pal.

Remember though, I was being nice in my posts, until your attack. I await YOUR apology. Until then, here are a few responses to what you have posted. Enjoy reading! I am sure that you will not like these any better.....
A nice tone while expressing a threat is still a threat. I will not apologize for taking you on and arguing your threating opinion.

Read what I posted and try to fathom it, ok? I did not say ALL lifted trucks, I only referred to those that were lifted illegally and did not meet state RCW's. Clearer now? Yes it is your property to do with as you want, but NOT ON OUR SHARED ROADS. You DO NOT own them, you agree when you license your vehicle for street use to FOLLOW the regulations! So, keep your illegal junk, if you have any that is, off OUR roads, ok?

"illegally lifted truck" is a very broad statement, give an example?

BTW WE do own them, most of all commercial operators.

Illegal does not equal junk, if you truly are a commercial driver then you should know this quite well. There are many illegal items and actions that certainly are not "junk" and in the real world make for a much safer vehicle and driver.

I've NEVER had an at fault accident or a mechanical failure that has lead to a dangerous condition or damage to another's property. This is in part because I choose safety over legality and apply reason and logic more then law.

So you say ridiculous, I say great, the law is there to keep you from damaging my windshield or paint from rocks and other debris that could have been prevented by the simple use of mud flaps, fender flares, etc, Basically how the trucks were made when new.
Not really paying attention are you? I've made the point several times now that both many new vehicles aren't legal under Washington law, nor do these laws as written actually prevent said damage.

For sure I do not know who died and made you God, but you have no right to damage anything I have when you are driving on our shared roads. Off road, on your property if I were to be parked there, I would have nothing to say, but you DO NOT OWN OUR SHARED ROADS, get it?

I think therefore I am, I need no more declaration then logic. You may choose to but I make no demand that you accept me as your god, only that you take my words into consideration and apply simple logic and reason.

I have made no claim to any right to damage anyone else's property. Going outside has it's risks though, you accept these risks when you go outside. Nothing is going to prevent all rock chips, sorry pal you'll just have to live with it on occasion.

The body is, the fender flares make it over 80". And hard fender flares ARE considered part of the body. The rims stick out as well, and overall rim width is also regulated to either under 80 or over 80.
If it is then it is, doesn't really matter, I don't care enough to argue or google it further.

As a commercial driver I am well aware of the rules here. You are allowed 1" for tire bulge. the tread part MUST BE covered or within the fender / fender flare lips. Rims ARE part of the measurement, so if the rims stick out further than 79.9" you WILL need over 80 DOT lighting. You are correct on mirrors, that is why I DID NOT mention them,
Then we are in agreement, IDK why you're arguing this?

The law for over 80 vehicles are the same for width marker lights are all the same, although when you get into semi trailer the lighting rules change to correspond to the particular trailer type and length. If your pickup, or car for that matter is over that magic 80" then you will need to have full DOT clearance / marker lights.
Again, not disagreeing, my original point was the aftermarket application of the 3 center pattern on vehicles that aren't 80".

Yup, it is easy, and clear as mud as well. Much gray area for sure, but then other parts of the rules and laws are crystal clear. The RCW's that are being kicked around are pretty clear in there wording though.

Again, so we agree, yet you are argumentative?

Sounds though like you don't care to even educate yourself on the RCW's, and shame to anyone who actually takes the time to read and try to understand them. Well, bud, not every one wants to be as ignorant as you. Ok?

Excuse me, you're arguing that the one person in this thread that quoted, linked and explained actual RCWs doesn't care to educate himself on the RCWs? I think your logic is broken pal.

Overregulation, another lack hole it seems.... Yup I am a independent who likes smaller government and voted for Ron Paul twice, but small government only works when people do the right thing, and it sure seems, in my opinion based on what you have posted that you care less about doing the right thing, and thinking about how you actions affect others, so in your case, you are the poster child for needed government regulation.
Lack hole, do you mean black hole?

How can you claim to say you are an "independent who likes smaller government" yet also say "I would support state inspections"? These two statements contradict each other.

"No concept man forms is valid unless he integrates it without contradiction into the total sum of his knowledge. To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one’s thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one’s mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." - Ayn Rand

"The Law of Identity (A is A) is a rational man’s paramount consideration in the process of determining his interests. He knows that the contradictory is the impossible, that a contradiction cannot be achieved in reality and that the attempt to achieve it can lead only to disaster and destruction. Therefore, he does not permit himself to hold contradictory values, to pursue contradictory goals, or to imagine that the pursuit of a contradiction can ever be to his interest." - Ayn Rand

You know, I was trying to be nice and always started and ended with each to their own, but per your post, it is my profound opinion that you are nothing but a self serving narcissist who could care rats about anyone else other than your self. Wait, that is the definition of a narcissist!
You can claim to be nice and say "to each there own" all you want but as I said, words lead to actions that effect others.

Absolutely I am self serving, I am me, I am what is most important to me. Narcissism however is defined in part by delusion, I am not deluded. Finally of course I care about others, others effect me.

So each to their own, but keep your junk, if you have any illegal vehicles away form me when we are all driving on our roads... To recap, you DO NOT own the roads MR and I DO NOT WANT to have your illegal junk, again if you have any, cost me money by damaging my vehicles, especially if it could be prevented by simply following the law.
I think my previous answers also answer this, if you don't think so, speak up in reply.

You know, perhaps you are having a bad day and needed to vent, this has been fun, I hope your day gets better!

Nahh, been a good day, I do enjoy a good argument on something I care about though.

Old 10-28-2014, 11:29 PM
dmanlyr
Fleet Mechanic
Yup so I do love a great debate / argument. Not sure where you got anything threatening from me, it was YOU THAT ATTACKED. NOT I SIR! Try to twist all you want, I said NOTHING to attack you personally until you came out of left field at me. Now if you would have stated a different opinion to mine, that would have been ok, but nope, you had to go all personal on me. Why? This I do not understand, it was not like I was saying anything other that a opinion. Others, even if they did not agree with me understood that we all think differently. But no, you have to all go and jump down my throat.

And yes, you do own me a apology. PERIOD. May I suggest that you walk in another persons shoes and understand that people are all different, and respect the individual thoughts and opinions, you might actually like it, ok?

I also might suggest that you look up the gentlemen's rules for a proper debate, I will give you a hint - personal attacks are most frowned upon. Poor sportsmanship at the least, downright dreadful at the worst. But wait, that's right, you hate all these ridiculous rules, why would you follow any of them, so why do I even try at a modicum of decency? I guess not, so a personal attack gets a personal response, but never forget that you started it.

So I will defend myself against a blatant personal attack. Remember, this one YOU started, and that is black and white.

I think the points I made were clear and to your points, you can debate this one all you want, if you are driving a illegal truck or any vehicle for that matter, then that is it, it is illegal black and white if it does not conform to the RCW's as they are written, regardless if you think you are special and above these "ridiculous" laws.

Evidently you totally missed my point about only needing a larger government / entity inspections because of people like you. If you were such a great guy that spent so much time and money like you posted, you would have no problem having any of your vehicles in compliance with the law. PERIOD.

But no, you choose to break the rules, at least that is inferred by your tone and words, therefore people have to pay higher taxes and have larger governments to protect us against people like you. As I have stated, I am not a policeman, so I have no direct power to protect myself against people like you who evidently, I am assuming by your words and tone, could care less to play nicely. So the only option in this case is to increase the size of the police force to cover the inspections, and by extension larger government and higher taxes.

Of course if you just pulled your head out and played by the rules as they exist for everyone, then you could save all of us a lot of tax money!

So you see the point? You are basically ripping me and others off, either by forcing a larger government and larger taxes, or by damaging equipment, vehicles and whatever by your illegal truck.

So to use your own words, ya right, I take this a big topic as well, I don't like being ripped off by people like you.

You might as well as just hold me up and take money from my wallet, same difference, you, and other self serving people like you are stealing from me. Of course in the big picture, we all steal from one another in one way or another, just I prefer to at least try to stay within the rule of law, at least that way we are following the same rules... fair play you might say.

So you enjoy your own opinion, each to their own for sure, but don't expect me to just let you rip me off without a word or two, got it Bud?

And under any circumstances ever think you can shove your opinion down my throat. It will not work with me. PERIOD.

You bore me to state my honest opinion, you claim to know so much, yet fail miserably in so many areas, well in that my friend, I can only venture that it is my opinion that you are truly deluded, and therefore narcissistic, again my your own definition.

Parry to you sir!

David

Old 10-29-2014, 12:21 AM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Everyone in the thread has at least one point I agree on.

I believe that auto laws should be written by a democracy of ASE mechanics, Independent Auto Engineers and State Patrol. NOT by Lawyers and Government who has no idea of engineering concept, are driven by greed and lack common sense.

I have been ticketed for every RCW in this thread. Most of the tickets are crap, for instance, a couple years ago I was on one of the HDs for an afternoon ride. Sitting at a stop light a motorcycle cop approached from behind and pulled me over for 2 things: 1- No mirrors, which I had the factory mirrors off a newer Harley mounted on both sides, he just did not notice them from his angle until we pulled in a parking lot and still wrote me the ticket. 2- No blinkers, RCW states that motorcycles are NOT required blinkers during daylight hours, I got both tickets dropped but it still cost me a lot of time and lost a day of work to go to court for it.

Don't even get me started on C.A.R.B. and the E.P.A.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:42 AM
BruteFord
Postmaster
"... rules ... rules ... illegal ... illegal ... RCW's ... laws ... larger government ... inspections .... compliance with the law ... rules ... higher taxes ... larger governments to protect us .... I have no direct power to protect myself ... increase the size of the police force ... inspections ... larger government ... higher taxes ... rules ... tax ... larger government ... larger taxes ... illegal ... rule of law ... rules..." - David

All I hear is ...

"got it Bud? ... well in that my friend" - David

Old 10-29-2014, 01:04 AM
dmanlyr
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by oddfordjunkie
Everyone in the thread has at least one point I agree on.

I believe that auto laws should be written by a democracy of ASE mechanics, Independent Auto Engineers and State Patrol. NOT by Lawyers and Government who has no idea of engineering concept, are driven by greed and lack common sense.

I have been ticketed for every RCW in this thread. Most of the tickets are crap, for instance, a couple years ago I was on one of the HDs for an afternoon ride. Sitting at a stop light a motorcycle cop approached from behind and pulled me over for 2 things: 1- No mirrors, which I had the factory mirrors off a newer Harley mounted on both sides, he just did not notice them from his angle until we pulled in a parking lot and still wrote me the ticket. 2- No blinkers, RCW states that motorcycles are NOT required blinkers during daylight hours, I got both tickets dropped but it still cost me a lot of time and lost a day of work to go to court for it.

Don't even get me started on C.A.R.B. and the E.P.A.

I totally agree, every poster has brought up good points, and that is what we are all here for really, to discuss, share opinions and enjoy Fords. I understand on the no blinker thing, that was a change a few years ago and it took some time for the law givers to be re-educated. Still, I would venture out when I ride, I like to have the most visibility to cage drivers that I can, so I would never remove or even decrease the size of the factory blinkers, but that is just me and to each his or her own.

I have received tickets before, some earned and some bogus. Having a good understanding of not only the law as it was written, but also as to the scope and intent has gotten me out of those unearned tickets. I have never been ticketed for defective equipment though. Most of my tickets were when I was younger and drove more enthusiastically.

The company I have worked at for years instituted a zero tolerance policy maybe 6 years ago for tickets or accidents (regardless of fault) so that has made me a somewhat more cautious driver

David

Old 10-29-2014, 07:29 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a debate. I need a beer

While on the topic of tickets, of all the times I've been pulled over (not many) one was for an equipment violation. My 78 bronco was owned by a fella who has never seen a wire nut, soldering iron, butt connector... all the wires for flights, radio, anything, was cut and twisted together, then taped. Anyways, one of my tail lights was having an issue where the parking lights were on but the brake light wasn't when I'd press the brake. The cop let me go with a warning, and I fixed it after finding out the PO was an idiot.

Another time (same truck, different issue), a cop pulled me over to tell me there was a red flag on my title info. Apperently I sold the bronco, to myself, then failed to transfer the title from my name, into my name. He was dumbfounded as much as I was and told me to call the DOL and tell them I got pulled over for it.

The other times, well I'm 22 with a fast car so we will leave those alone.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:49 PM
dmanlyr
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans

Another time (same truck, different issue), a cop pulled me over to tell me there was a red flag on my title info. Apperently I sold the bronco, to myself, then failed to transfer the title from my name, into my name. He was dumbfounded as much as I was and told me to call the DOL and tell them I got pulled over for it.

I don't drink as a rule, it can be years between even a beer or two, but that would drive me to drink for sure. Shame on you for not putting the truck that was in your name, in your name And yes I am kidding here.. it really struck me as something funny....

David

Old 10-29-2014, 10:07 PM
-mywheels-
Senior User
I love how many replies this thread has received. I'm sad to say I've added flaps to my truck. Lo and behold, I think they look great. Either way, I too think the laws in this state are written by the wrong people. I don't think we should allow the govt to start any form of vehicle inspections. I'm sure they would lead to emissions inspections, which are total bs.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:36 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I don't drink as a rule, it can be years between even a beer or two, but that would drive me to drink for sure. Shame on you for not putting the truck that was in your name, in your name And yes I am kidding here.. it really struck me as something funny....

David
Shame on me, yes :P
It was a strange situation, and I'm sure it was due to the PO having only an affidavit as a title.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:40 PM
dmanlyr
Fleet Mechanic
"... rules ... rules ... illegal ... illegal ... RCW's ... laws ... larger government ... inspections .... compliance with the law ... rules ... higher taxes ... larger governments to protect us .... I have no direct power to protect myself ... increase the size of the police force ... inspections ... larger government ... higher taxes ... rules ... tax ... larger government ... larger taxes ... illegal ... rule of law ... rules..." - David

All I hear is ...
Respect my authoritah! (Compilation) - YouTube

"got it Bud? ... well in that my friend" - David

Not your buddy, guy! - YouTube

LOL way too funny, and you think I am asking you to respect my authority, sounds more like you are trying to force your opinion down my throat, so really, in the light of day who truly is the person in the wrong here? Who is asking who to respect there authority?

Hint - Just a quick look in the mirror buddy, he will be the one looking back at ya!

Unless of course your mirror is broken already from you spraying it down with rocks kicked up by your ?illegal? truck (I am assuming, since in your words mud flap laws are ridiculous), in that case any other reflective surface will suffice fine I am sure......

Yawn.... you are boring, none of this is really helping anyone, nothing is to be gained here, the points have been made, and the personal attacks need to stop in my opinion, although if you do keep it up, I will keep responding, but remember, you did start this. PERIOD.

Did I ever attack you personally until you FIRST attacked me? Absolutely not, I had enough respect for you until then that I extended the common courtesy of respecting you differing opinion, but tell you what, no more respect for you, you do not deserve even the slightest. But then that too is just my opinion, I am sure you have a differing opinion, and, so, well, each to their own!

Perhaps I might venture out that in addition to you trying to force your opinions on others, perhaps you are also getting a slight ego stroke out of trying to make your opinion the truth?

Figure out yet that I fly the Gaston flag? - "Don't tread on me" and by that do NOT try to force your opinion on me. I do NOT roll over. I do NOT acquiesce when all I posted were my opinions. Agree or disagree is fine with me, but do not personally attack ANYONE for having a differing opinion from yours. Debate is one thing, personal attacks are not. PERIOD.

But frankly, I will say it again, this is boring and counter productive. You have your opinion, I have mine, mine is based upon the laws that we ALL agree to either abide by, or get changed as needed, to keep us all on a level playing field. But what is yours based upon? Your own narcissism? And that is why......

I have always ended with ......

Wait for it......

Each to their own.. got it bud? Or what, are you that much stuck on yourself that you cannot allow any freeman to have his or her own opinion if it is not in lockstep with yours? Are you really that self centered and childish? What, are you three?

Am I going overboard here? Possibly, but you sir have offended me, attacked me personally for no reason other than a differing opinion, and for that I have absolutely zero respect for you.

Oh well. EACH TO THEIR OWN. Do what you wish. As to me, within the law, as I care about them, I will also do my own thing. This is way too funny to take seriously, so... have a great day!

Each to their own.....

David

Old 10-31-2014, 12:14 AM
BruteFord
Postmaster
LOL way too funny, and you think I am asking you to respect my authority, sounds more like you are trying to force your opinion down my throat, so really, in the light of day who truly is the person in the wrong here? Who is asking who to respect there authority?
I'm still very surprised that you don't get this. I'm only speaking my opinion, ever hear of the first amendment? While you're advocating for men with guns to use force on others on your behalf. Clearly not something that someone who had any idea what the principals of the founding, constitution, etc. are would advocate for.

And to this:
Figure out yet that I fly the Gaston flag?
I call complete and total BS, anyone who actually flew a GADSDEN Flag might just have a slight clue how to spell it. Also good evidence as to how intellectually lazy you are. Most people trying to pass off BS like that would at least google the spelling, you couldn't even be bothered with that.

"Don't tread on me" and by that do NOT try to force your opinion on me. I do NOT roll over. I do NOT acquiesce when all I posted were my opinions. Agree or disagree is fine with me, but do not personally attack ANYONE for having a differing opinion from yours. Debate is one thing, personal attacks are not. PERIOD.
WOW you don't get it, first "Don't Tread on Me" has nothing to do with opinion, you need to do a little reading. You can't force an opinion, how is this hard to understand? But you can get a government to force your opinion on others for you, which guess what, is exactly what you're advocating for here.

You have your opinion, I have mine, mine is based upon the laws that we ALL agree to either abide by, or get changed as needed, to keep us all on a level playing field.
You can't base an opinion on laws. You can have an opinion about the law, but the law can't think for you, sorry buddy you have to do your own thinking sometime.

We here in the States are still relatively free because we break the law, it forces the government to enforce and justify the laws they(and you) try and force on us.

Am I going overboard here? Possibly, but you sir have offended me, attacked me personally for no reason other than a differing opinion, and for that I have absolutely zero respect for you.
Yes you are.

Only someone with a very weak mind, very low self esteem, and very little confidence in their own opinion would get offended by someone they don't know disagreeing with them on an internet forum.

Same can be said for your respect comment, I don't care if you respect me, but that you feel the need to say it is very odd. However FWIW as freedom loving Americans we have a responsibility to give some respect to the opinions of others. That is how debate works, for example there are a far number of leftist I for the most part disagree with, but some do a good job articulating their opinions and I have to respect that.

Old 10-31-2014, 02:28 AM
dmanlyr
Fleet Mechanic

Only someone with a very weak mind, very low self esteem, and very little confidence in their own opinion would get offended by someone they don't know disagreeing with them on an internet forum.

You words sir, right back at you. Why if you bleat this so loudly was it YOU that took offense first. I have simply responded to YOUR unfounded personal attacks. Never once did I say you were wrong, until such time as you drew first blood by trying to cram your thoughts down my throat. Now if you would just have offered your opinions in a respectful way, think of how different this would be, we could have a civilized debate and go our merry ways, at worst agreeing to disagree. Then you would not even owe me a apology.... But no, you had to take offense and get all uppity and in my face. Well Boo Hoo I am all so sad. NOT. Buddy, better people than you have tried I am of the opinion. You can just feel that dripping sarcasm here, right?

You even admitted such when you took offense, and admitted as much over what I wrote. Bingo dude, you loose again. Better get those mud flaps installed so you can stop breaking mirrors, you really need to take a good hard look at your reflection.

But you keep bleating the same old song, what, is this the first time that someone has actually stood there ground to you? Pissed you off I am guessing, or assuming, and I have the opinion that you are used to forcing your opinion and thoughts down throats of everyone around you. You know, grow up, people ARE FREE to have their own opinions and thoughts in America, and are free to express them. But personal attacks as you first started are in very poor taste my good man, and better suited to a low brow. Hmm, perhaps you should get that mirror fixed and check your forehead....

HAH and you say now that you are only expressing your opinion, you sure have a funny and disrespectful way of saying that. When did you ever until this point say that you were expressing your opinion? No, you were too busy personally attacking my STATED opinions, and I even referred to them as such.

I will give you this one, I did misspell the flags name, darn spell check anyways..

I fly three flags everyday, The American, the POW and the Gadsden. You can see the pics on my photobucket account, same as this, under dmanlyr. What flags do you fly? Or do you not bother, with the time it takes to put flags and take them down?

But again, you are adding nothing new to this discussion, other than finally adding "these are my opinions" and I thank you for finally admitting that sir.

Perhaps you are finally learning, but boy oh boy buddy you have a ways to go. Make that a very longs ways....

Me thinks that you have lost, and lost in a big way. I was respectful, you were not. Then I became disrespectful and that really pisses you off now don't it, well buddy you earned it, so enjoy it.

You also might give this some thought, this was never about being right or wrong, it was only about sharing opinions and thoughts until you took offense and lashed out, and now, we can keep going, and I will keep responding, or we can just give everyone else on this forum a break and let it lie.

I do not back down from any fight, PERIOD.

Man its late and this has been fun, but I am tired. So, as always, each to their own.

David

Old 10-31-2014, 04:28 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I'll be honest, it might be time to take it down a notch gents. You both are passionate about your opinions on laws and legal/illegal, however if this thread gets too hot we will have to deal with it. I'd rather not have a Moderator step in and close this discussion down.

And, in terms of first ammendments, on the Internet rights are different. You may be sitting in America where it applies but the things you say on the Internet do not apply. As proof, look up some of the things people have said on Facebook, the social media site. There have been teens, yes teens, who get arrested or detained for saying something on the Internet that is considered a terrorist threat.

All I'm saying is free speak does not apply to the internet.

EDIT: how about we change the subject? If you've got flaps on your vehicle, what kind you got? Brand, design, etc. I've got some from a semi that a friend had, they have a faded Road Runner design.

Quick Reply: Mudflaps...