2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Monte's 07 Expedition Build Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 05:30 PM
Black Ops E.L.
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xmontex4
That's what I'm planning on going with, what coating did you pick? I was thinking ceramic. I honestly think I may just have it done vs me doing it, it's getting cold here in MA and I can't get it in the garage with the truck there lol.

I went chrome and I have 40 k on them and they are holding up very well compared to other headers I used on my 99 and are still chrome with a littleblue tint around the flange.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:08 PM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Good to know thank you! Chrome is actually cheaper right now on Amazon lol.

BTW I like those recessed squally lights in your bumper.

Old 12-01-2016, 12:18 PM
Black Ops E.L.
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xmontex4
That's what I'm planning on going with, what coating did you pick? I was thinking ceramic. I honestly think I may just have it done vs me doing it, it's getting cold here in MA and I can't get it in the garage with the truck there lol.

I actually got mine cheapest through jc Whitney

Old 12-06-2016, 01:48 PM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Ok guys, placed an order yesterday for a new intermediate steering shaft and some ceramic coated headers. The ceramic headers dropped in price from slightly over $600 down to $379.50 Monday and I hopped on that like white on rice. Today they jumped back up to $492 on amazon so I got a killer deal on them finally. Should have them in tomorrow and the steering shaft Friday.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:58 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Got the headers in, I should have the steering shaft in today and in by this weekend. I am traveling again next week so i will likely not get the headers done. I am contemplating just going to ford and having them install them along with doing the 120k services (at 131k lol) because i should really do things like flush the coolant etc and its just too damn cold to do outside lol. I got too use to working in a garage now.

Ceramic Coated Gibson Headers:
Name:  CFE12F7C-68C8-41D6-8AF1-9D187E9B9727_zpsd6uv4dia.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  257.1 KB

Old 01-04-2017, 08:31 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Ok guys, still haven't done the headers or steering shaft yet but the steering has gone away for now because of the cold so its not as high up on my priority list anymore lol. I do have another issue though that i just forgot about until the other day. When turnign left at speed so the truck leans slightly i can hear this rattling coming form the front passenger side wheel. My parents noticed this years ago probably about 5-6 years ago and the dealership never found the problem. does anyone have any ideas? its not noticeable unless you have the radio off and the passenger window down and turning lol. I forgot about it because those three events have not taken place since i have owned it until recently lol.

The dealership took apart the whole knuckle and everything from what i understand and it makes sense that the rattling isn't coming form there because its only when turning left and the truck leans through the turn. If it was a wheel thing turning would be irrelevant and it would always happen IMHO. Was thinking maybe a strut? the passenger side has gotten noticeably louder when its cold out hitting bumps and thumping.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:11 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Hey guys, I am going to have to do some maintenance on the Expedition soon here is my list.

- New rotors and pads
- Install Headers
- Replace steering shaft
- Coolant flush
- Blower motor (front)

Does anyone know of a good write up for removing the stock manifolds on these trucks? I dont feel like dropping $1000 to get my manifolds removed. Nobody wants to do them around here so they jack up the prices to keep people away the $1000 is just labor to remove the old manifolds and install my headers i already bought.

Also any tool recommendations to get? assume i dont have anything for this kind of job.

Old 06-23-2017, 03:46 PM
alloro
Received 4,174 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Remove the front tires and the wheel well liners to make access much easier. Then take off all the manifold nuts and bolts you can, then cut the manifolds into sections with a sawzall using a 24 tpi metal blade. They cut fairly easy and one blade, maybe 2 will get the job done. For the driver's side you'll have to remove the EGR tube and the oil dipstick tube to be able to get the headers on.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:28 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Ok guys..I'm actually stumped on this and its fairly easy... But first let me start off with saying my wife and I have been sharing the expedition for the past 3-4 months because we gave her car to her sister then my F150 died etc. Anyway now I'm back into the expedition, my wife has a new car and I was thinking about trading her in and getting a new commuter. Well i looked it up on KBB and the value of my Expedition is only at $4k for a trade in sooo...I'm keeping her for a while I guess lol. I talked my wife into this too thank god, instead of making a car payment I'm going to over the winter gather up some parts with the money i would be spending on a car payment and then come spring install it all.

So first thing is first...a new stereo i want Bluetooth like i had in my F250, I have not been able to listen to my own music or take calls in my Expy since I started taking the F250 apart lol. I have the AM/FM radio with the 6 disc CD changer and everywhere I go i cannot find any harness' for the aftermarket decks,i have found antenna adapters and dash kits but no harness. Does anyone know what I need to wire up an aftermarket stereo?

Also here is my list of Mods I'm going to do soon.
- 3"/2" lift
- Headers (still have them lol)
- Speakers
- New Subwoofer
- Tweeters
- hydro dip the wood finish to a darker wood color
- Chip for the motor
- 7 pin trailer wiring and brake
- Might vinyl wrap it in a different color and change up the interior color..not as crazy as my F250.
- Rewrap the headliner (dog put a few hole sin it chasing reflections from the sun...)

Pretty simple, just a few things to make it feel newer and to fix her up a bit to get rid of some issues.

Old 10-27-2017, 04:19 PM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Hey Guys, been looking into vinyl wraps lately and my wife and I are going to attempt to wrap the Expedition either before or after this winter depending on how much disposable income we have lol. I am thinking a tanish brown with black fender flares and accent pieces like the below image. Thoughts? also i cant find this color anywhere its called Matte Dark Brown Coco...driving me nuts.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:53 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
So bad news, both my rocker panels fell apart the other day. I was getting back from lunch and my buddies and I shut the doors (all 4) and from the force both of my rocker panels crumbled and fell onto the running boards. Now I have massive holes where the rockers were...Has anyone else repaired this? There aren't patch panels for the 07-up that I've found yet just the inner rockers which are pretty much rust free. I'm debating trading it in and getting a new car now despite how good of shape the expedition is in (minus the rockers lol). any suggestions?

EDIT: The truck now has 146k on it btw so she is getting old mileage wise. But nothing wrong mechanically just the rockers rotting out now. I was planning on getting a new car in the next few years anyway but when i look up the value of the expedition its worth around 3.5k (fair condition) to 6k (Excellent condition) which inst a whole lot considering it will fall into fair from the rust now.