Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Large Truck
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Large Truck My truck is bigger than yours. The forum for 2+ ton trucks (all years), COE's, Louisville's, Big-Job's etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2014, 12:19 PM
Freshman User

RRRAVEN is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ford Lucas Girling Brake Work in Southern New Hampshire?

Hi Everyone-
Do any of you know of a shop or individual in the southern New Hampshire area that is reputable and has experience with the dreaded Ford Lucas Girling hydraulic brake systems? My 1995 F700 dump truck has a brake drag issue on the right rear that needs to be taken care of. Either a frozen wheel cylinder or broken return spring or ???????????? I have the Dayton 5 spoke wheels so that makes getting to the brakes a bit more involved. I'm thinking of doing the job myself but the problem is more of lack of time vs not wanting to tackle the job even if it is a real pain in the buttox! If anyone knows of a shop please pass on the info.
Thanks in advance-
RRRAVEN
Deerfield, NH
Old 11-09-2014, 11:24 PM
Elder User

68Mercury250Ranger is starting off with a positive reputation.
do you have 2 separate pumps for PS and brake assist? brake drag could be hydraulic park brake chamber hanging up too or not enough pressure to fully release. especially the R rear farthest from the pump. saw this in one of the late 80s and 90s B700 busses when I work at the school bus company.

sorry if I made your issue more complicated, but try turning the 3/4 inch caging screw on the right side out as far as it goes and see if that releases that wheel. stating the obvious..................use wheel chocks as this should be done when truck is running with Pbrake button pushed in.

I never found the Lucas Girling that bad to work on, just had to learn a few labour saving tricks and buy the CORRECT adjusting tool from the snap on dealer.

winter: 79 Clubwagon gas, 94 Exp 4dr
Old 11-09-2014, 11:24 PM