1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Ripped off by a FTE "friend"

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 06:15 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,836 Likes on 1,835 Posts
Neville,
I hope you get your parts. Yes, you might be a soft touch but that's not a bad thing. What goes around comes around and I'll bet your life is pretty happy overall. Its a shame we all can't be as friendly and understanding as yourself.

Good luck
Bobby

Old 10-21-2014, 07:37 AM
Aus56
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bobbytnm
Neville,
I hope you get your parts. Yes, you might be a soft touch but that's not a bad thing. What goes around comes around and I'll bet your life is pretty happy overall. Its a shame we all can't be as friendly and understanding as yourself.

Good luck
Bobby
Thanks for the kind words Bobby, I don't deserve them but thanks anyway. Like many of us, I have been fortunate in many ways, not rich by any stretch, a lot of things I would have liked to have had and done, but still fortunate in a lot of things, a lovely wife, (who understands me too well) family, several good friends, got to do some good things over the years, etc. I am not game to show this to my wife though, she would laugh and say who is he talking about, not you, you grumpy old coot.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:27 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Grumpy old coot or not - sounds like a good life to me. Hope you get the guy straightened out and get your parts soon. This group is just too good to keep a bad apple like that around. As others have said don't do anything stupid to get it fixed just be yourself and it will most likely work out. If not what are you really out?

Old 10-21-2014, 11:51 AM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That is sad. I have been very fortunate on this site. I have paid for several items site unseen and never been disappointed. One member was nice enough to even send me two keeper springs for my window crank mechanisms. I won't embarrass you by using your name, but you know who you are. I hope you will be posting soon that the matter has been resolved. Jag

Old 10-21-2014, 02:25 PM
Bluey Zedoff
Laughing Gas
Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts
Sad to hear one of our brothers not partaking in the goodwill and spirit of things.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:37 AM
Aus56
Elder User
I have spoken with the member about the items I mentioned and am assured that they will be sent tomorrow. I am looking forward to them arriving soon.[/QUOTE]

Well, no they didn't. Figured I would give him the benefit of the doubt, you never know. Well it seems I did know and nothing changed. It has been 4 working days and a weekend since the day I was assured they would be sent. I figure 2 days would be ample. You go to the Post office about 2 minutes away, put them in a box, pay a few bucks and it is done. Nor has he deleted these from his ad which he said he would do. I just saw he has renewed his ad with these parts still included.

Funny thing is, when I spoke to him, he was angry that I had written about him on this forum. He said "maybe then you can stop writing about me on the forum". Yes if you do what you said you would, that would be the case. I sent an email several days ago, asking if he had sent it yet, if not please do so and let's end this situation amicably once and for all. I have received no reply or parts.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:57 AM
Aus56
Elder User
I am looking at his ad and I am thinking of asking a question starting off,
"why have you stolen my ..........." and pointing out he is not a reliable seller, misrepresents parts and does not deliver what he has been paid for. What do you think? Can he stop this showing on his ad I wonder? He will no doubt see this, I am telegraphing my punches I know.

Old 10-28-2014, 04:18 AM
seaves46
Laughing Gas
Received 83 Likes on 40 Posts
Is this guy a seller on ebay or something ???

Old 10-28-2014, 04:39 AM
Aus56
Elder User
Originally Posted by seaves46
Is this guy a seller on ebay or something ???
Well, I don't want to say too much about where it is or what it is just yet, don't know why. Just me I guess, although the situation with this ad has really cheesed me off. He has several separate ads, wonder how he would like to have my comments appear on both ads.

Old 10-28-2014, 04:45 AM
jimcar-9
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Aus56
Well, I don't want to say too much about where it is or what it is just yet, don't know why. Just me I guess, although the situation with this ad has really cheesed me off. He has several separate ads, wonder how he would like to have my comments appear on both ads.

Well thatīs one of the reasons why the comments are there ??

Old 10-28-2014, 05:07 AM
Aus56
Elder User
Originally Posted by jimcar-9
Well thatīs one of the reasons why the comments are there ??
That is true enough, I just like to be mindful what I say sometimes and where I say it. If his sales were stuffed up it would be his just desserts. I think he has shown he deserves it, even if just with his latest behaviour with the parts advertised and not doing what he said he would. Let him see some consequences for his actions.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:05 AM
EffieTrucker
Phantom of the Phorum

Received 859 Likes on 458 Posts
I am looking at his ad and I am thinking of asking a question starting off,
"why have you stolen my ..........." and pointing out he is not a reliable seller, misrepresents parts and does not deliver what he has been paid for. What do you think? Can he stop this showing on his ad I wonder? He will no doubt see this, I am telegraphing my punches I know.
I don't know how the civil courts are in Australia, but here in the USA you don't want to accuse someone out in the open of stealing or being a thief. You can get sued that way.

On the other hand, if they advertise something publicly, take someone's money, and then don't deliver, they can get into some serious legal trouble with the US Postal Inspectors. Or they can be taken to civil court through Small Claims Court.

Again, I don't know how your system works there.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:18 AM
jimcar-9
Posting Guru
That is true enough, I just like to be mindful what I say sometimes and where I say it. If his sales were stuffed up it would be his just desserts. I think he has shown he deserves it, even if just with his latest behaviour with the parts advertised and not doing what he said he would. Let him see some consequences for his actions.
If You have mail correspondes regarding the sales

And you have given him several reminders and opportunities to fullfill his side of the deals I wouldnt hesitate to throw all the **** I had at him. Including US citizens.

I would even taken legal actions against him and makeing shure everyone out there knows what he is worth......

Let him sew me! I dont give a rats ***!! I would be glad to me sutch a scumbag in court. I hardly dout he wants to......

Old 10-28-2014, 07:24 AM
jimcar-9
Posting Guru
I had a case with a company in the states that didnīt deliver what they advertised they would. I gave them severel attempts and finally I realised they didnīt knew anything about what they where selling.

So I said I wanted my money back including all the shipping fees. They refused to.....

Then I told them that I would make shure everyone would know about their lack of knowledge, as I would publish all the facts (mails, measurements, calculations on internet) I would not place my own opinion in the fact just the hard facts nothing else.

Then turned on a dime and sent me all the hard earning cash they had taken from me.......

Good luck I hope this turnes out good for you

Old 10-28-2014, 08:28 AM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,446 Likes on 1,394 Posts
I would think in any country if you had documentation that you purchased items from someone and you have evidence he received payment and is admitting not delivering the goods, it can become a criminal matter and the police will get involved. It might be worth a phone call to the authorities to see what it would take to press charges. Just sayin'.

Quick Reply: Ripped off by a FTE "friend"