Sponsored by: DP Tuner

looking for suggestions on a pillar gauge and what three gauges to get

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 11:25 AM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by superglide04
Have an 02 f350 7.3 and recently installed tuner. I was looking for suggestions on a complete pillar gauge and what gauges are best to have.a. Want it complete no painting or anything just worked with the TS performance tuner I may do damage, already smoked the tranny.
the interior is gray

thanks in advance.
Not a fan of pillar gauges. Take a look at my gauges.

Get Tuned! 828-221-0076 ext. 802
Become our Facebook Fan
Old 10-16-2014, 12:05 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
I went through Clay at RiffRaff for my tri-pillar setup, ran right around $490 for everything IIRC... it's been over a year. ISSPRO EV2 (Boost, EGT, Trans), don't have a daytime picture. I went black face with white letters, red needle, and green backlight to match the stock cluster.

Personally if I were to do it again, I'd add a second pyro just to be safe and sure. It may not be required by most people, but I beat on it from time to time and with 230k on the clock it seems like a fairly cheap way to keep on eye on things.

Attached Images  
Old 10-16-2014, 05:12 PM
Pikachu
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You can have dual pyrometers and still have room for two more gauges in a three gauge pod.

ISSPRO-ISSPRO Dual Pyrometer Gauge, 3 inches, 1200F - R612-R612.

It's also available in a 1500〫 F version . . .

Old 10-17-2014, 08:50 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
The boost drum is beat pretty hard here. With a playful tone to the brotherhood - it's on the OBDII port. Really. I see it every day I drive. I promise. The MAP sensor even reads in tenths of a PSI on the OBDII port - an anaolog gauge is far more vague. If you plan on a scan gauge of any type, there is only one solid reason for spending even more money on a boost gauge - and I have that reason: If the boost exceeds the limitations of the MAP sensor. At that point, put a proper regulator (boost fooler) on the MAP line to protect the sensor and by all means, install a dedicated boost gauge.

With a respectful tone to my friends here, I never disputed the importance of boost - moving on: I debated on a single dual-pyro, and I really like how the balanced/unbalanced needles give an instant visual cue - plus reducing the real estate on the dash/pillar/overhead. I have one thing that over-rides all of those bennies - I like 270 degree sweeps on my gauges. There's better resolution and more obvious visual cues. If one pyro dips 25-50 degrees (injector imbalance), I'm gunna see it.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:31 PM
varminthunter243
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Krazee Matt
I went through Clay at RiffRaff for my tri-pillar setup, ran right around $490 for everything IIRC... it's been over a year. ISSPRO EV2 (Boost, EGT, Trans), don't have a daytime picture. I went black face with white letters, red needle, and green backlight to match the stock cluster.

Personally if I were to do it again, I'd add a second pyro just to be safe and sure. It may not be required by most people, but I beat on it from time to time and with 230k on the clock it seems like a fairly cheap way to keep on eye on things.

I'm about the same way, I really need to look into a dual sweep pyro. I really wish my auto meter gauges came with the yellow and red arcs like you have in our picture. That would make it a lot easier to just glance up and know how it was doing.

Old 10-23-2014, 02:55 PM
Gaugepro
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hence the reason for a boost gauge... You can also see the dual EGT gauges... as I said before, no one needs dual EGT gauges, after 200,000+ miles running dual EGT's I can pretty much tell you there not needed.

Fuel pressure is MUCH more important.

Quad pod filled with EGT, Trans, Boost and Fuel pressure will tell you nearly everything you need to know, without busting out a scanner or running the TQ app (all of which I have as well...).

Old 10-23-2014, 03:22 PM
Studawg
Thread Ender

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Heres a link to pics and some info of my overhead gauges. Not a fan of pillar gauges either. Autometer Ford Factory Match, look just like the gauges in the cluster which is really cool to me. Pyro, Trans, Boost

Old 10-23-2014, 03:57 PM
Gaugepro
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Isspro EV-2 Factory match...

Old 10-23-2014, 06:48 PM
sgarder
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I had to do gauges over again I would opt for all the things that are NOT available on the obdII port. Fuel, Pyro, for sure and maybe coolant temp, other than that,get something to see exactly what your truck is reading. Coolant temp is not as important to me as before, I am more intrigued by the engine oil temps from my scangaugeII and how the engine sounds at different temps.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:16 PM
Tugly
Hotshot
Originally Posted by sgarder
...and how the engine sounds at different temps.

Ah... you noticed that. Watch out - the next thing you know, you'll be obsessing over injector torque.

Or... maybe that was just my reaction.

Old 10-24-2014, 01:50 AM
scotttahoe
Posting Guru
Here is a little something that I did. Working on getting all Isspro gauges.

Old 10-24-2014, 03:59 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Does that foot on the throttle help performance? What do "visitors" say when they ride in your truck?

Old 10-24-2014, 01:22 PM
varminthunter243
Senior User
that's a pretty wild set up haha I like it

Old 10-24-2014, 09:50 PM
scotttahoe
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Tugly
Does that foot on the throttle help performance? What do "visitors" say when they ride in your truck?
Haha! so that's what they said! My first visiter said "hay captain what altitude will we be cruising at?"

Old 10-24-2014, 09:53 PM
scotttahoe
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by varminthunter243
that's a pretty wild set up haha I like it
Thanks bud. It's a little busy in their, but I like it.

Quick Reply: looking for suggestions on a pillar gauge and what three gauges to get