Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-15-2014, 11:30 AM
New User

wit2003 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wit2003's sorta build build thread

So I figured it was time for me to start a thread about my new(to me) truck. But first a little history leading up to this truck.

When I joined this forum back in 2004, I had just picked up a 1995 F-150 XLT. My friends nicknamed it "Barney" because it was two tone purple and silver. Kept that trusty truck for about a year until I traded it in for a brand new 2006 WRX. Gas prices were on the rise and I didn't "need" a truck.

Fast forward a couple of years and I realized the need for a truck....this time around I picked up an 88 F-250 with a plow. This truck didn't last too long because of my parking situation and good ole rust. Off this truck went.

Now, even more years later and several cars, I just picked up a 2006 F-350 Powerstroke Crew Cab Dually King Ranch. It is probably more truck than I will ever need, but at least i'll never have to ask myself "can I pull/haul this"?

My plan is to try my hardest to leave the truck alone, but we all know that really doesn't happen.

Here are some pics from the previous owner.

Click the image to open in full size.

I think craig (wickidpissa) hates me just a little
Old 10-15-2014, 11:55 AM
Important Businessman

WickidPissa has a great reputation on FTE.WickidPissa has a great reputation on FTE.WickidPissa has a great reputation on FTE.WickidPissa has a great reputation on FTE.
CraigMurphy23 lextasy23 Craig7M
Bought not built!
-you

Dick. Alcoas are ugly anyways. I hate your stupid truck.
Billet Grill, HD Headlights, Custom Bixenon HID, Smoked Recon, Tuff LED Lights, Viper SmartStart, Pillar Pod & Roof Pod, DIY Coolant Filter, SCT, 6.4L Banjo Bolts & Blue Spring, Billet HPOP, Riffraff Boots, RiffRaff Cat Delete, Muffler Delete, EGR Delete, 6" Rough Country lift, Rough Country Dual Steering Stabilizer, 20" American Racing ATX, 37x13.5 Mud Grapplers, Yukon 4.88:1, rusty cab corners.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:09 AM
New User

so now that ive said I was going to try and not do anything with this truck, I think I am going to get some gauges to monitor whats going on under the hood.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:51 AM
Important Businessman

WickidPissa has a great reputation on FTE.WickidPissa has a great reputation on FTE.WickidPissa has a great reputation on FTE.WickidPissa has a great reputation on FTE.
CraigMurphy23 lextasy23 Craig7M
Trans. temp (nobody likes a hot tranny)
Fuel Pressure (drop is BAD for injectors - did MD do the blue spring upgrade? You should see 50+ PSI) Get the 6.4 banjo bolts too - they're super cheap and a great easy mod.
Boost (it's fun, but the turbos can stick and under/overboost. Mine pegged 42 and blew open the cold side CAC pipe)
EGT (good to keep an eye on this - underboost usually leads to way hot EGT. I'm actually adding a second one on a switch for EGT and TOT (turbo output temp) In a helicopter, it's turbine output temp lol. Basically, to see the temp coming out of the turbo, rather than the manifold. I'd stay on the manifold. Over 1300 (sustained) is bad news for valves.

Up top I added Water and oil temp (should stay within 10-15 degrees of each other, 5 is even better - any more of a difference and your oil cooler probably isn't doing it's job. (Low) oil pressure because duh. High oil pressure (HPOP - high pressure oil pump) because they drive your injectors - I think Autometer is the only one with one of these, I was gonna go on the column with that, if I do it. Battery gauge is self explanatory. I use it camping to make sure my batteries don't die with all the **** plugged in.

Some people hate on dudes with a million gauges, but A) there's a reason they're called idiot lights, and B) there's a reason half-million-dollar Freightliners, CAT equipment, diesel Gensets, marine engines, and other diesel equipment have a million gauges.

My $0.02.
Billet Grill, HD Headlights, Custom Bixenon HID, Smoked Recon, Tuff LED Lights, Viper SmartStart, Pillar Pod & Roof Pod, DIY Coolant Filter, SCT, 6.4L Banjo Bolts & Blue Spring, Billet HPOP, Riffraff Boots, RiffRaff Cat Delete, Muffler Delete, EGR Delete, 6" Rough Country lift, Rough Country Dual Steering Stabilizer, 20" American Racing ATX, 37x13.5 Mud Grapplers, Yukon 4.88:1, rusty cab corners.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:57 PM
Post Fiend

acf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputation
miles.degrandi
Thats a sweet looking truck. Gauges are good. I like my 3 isspro EV2s...0-100 fuel press, 0-1600 EGT and 0-40 boost. I have a scangauge 2 that i use daily to display coolant temp, voltage, ficm voltage and trans temp. It also does ICP/IPR/VGT/oil temp and tons of other things...and its only $160 and you can usually find discount codes
coming soon: BPD water pump, Dieselsite HPOP, running for more than a week

Old 10-20-2014, 08:12 PM
New User

I may have to do some more research on the scangauge2....

Im trying to find a good fitting A pillar gauge pod as well for some of the gauges mentioned above. Any one better than another?
Old 10-20-2014, 08:16 PM
Post Fiend

acf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputationacf6 has a superb reputation
miles.degrandi
I got mine from riffraff diesel, theyre a site sponsor as well and a very very helpful company. Easily my favorite to deal with in the business. You can order them painted to match your interior color as well...mine fits great
coming soon: BPD water pump, Dieselsite HPOP, running for more than a week

Junior User

ultrasks700 is starting off with a positive reputation.
EDGE CTS. Best $$$ ive ever spent

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty