1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Just purchased a 67' F100

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 05:48 PM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
I wonder, if it really works as advertised, aren't you microwaving your brain? Keys put out 315MHz. and that is a microwave frequency. ?? Glad none of my cars have electric keys. I know, its the gadget age, where everybody has an 'I' something or other, but for me, one of life's simple pleasures, is turning the key in the door, or ignition. I know its stone age so to speak, but somehow I get my fill of button pushing on the TV remote.

Fessing up to the push button age, I did recently install an electric gate opener, with push button remote. I admit, it is nice to just push the button, the gate opens, and I can drive in without leaving my truck, or getting off my quad. Fred Flintstone is one of my minor heroes, in my youth, but I am not completely stone age..

Baja

Old 06-27-2015, 11:52 PM
Mister_King
Tuned
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile

First update in over 3 months. Been very busy with college / work lately. Truck is looking much different than it did when I purchased it / started this thread 9 months ago or so.

Here's an updated list on what I have done since I purchased the truck:
Used FE 360 dropped in with all new gaskets
Found and am using an original FoMoCo Oil Bath FE air cleaner.
Primered / painted the body (was starting to surface rust prior)
New bench seat
Found an original 1967 Ford truck AM radio
New original 1967 Ford truck instrument panel (black and white)
New original Ford 15 inch 5x5.5 "outie" wheels
Found some "Ford Motor Company" hub caps in very good condition
New bed bolts
New Radiator
Electronic Ignition
New 235 / 75 / 15 A/T tires
New hood with no bondo / very straight (needs paint)
New heater box / heater core

Still have many future plans to continue adding to the truck. So far it runs / drive very well as compared to when it was first purchased. No more electrical issues. Just picked up some paint for the hood about an hour ago. Yesterday I picked up all new brake hardware, wheel cylinders, brake shoes and am getting the drums turned hopefully tomorrow. Planning on getting a new flooring kit and dash pad as well. Hood is sitting high in the back but I got some replacement brackets which I will put on some time soon. Gonna be replacing all the worn front end bushings hopefully soon once I figure out where / how to order the correct ones.

Name:  wPbbGx2.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  96.7 KB

I will attempt to keep this updated more often and respond to anyone who replies to this as soon as possible.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:14 AM
Mister_King
Tuned
Old 06-28-2015, 09:17 AM
orich
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Those hood hinge brackets are some what adjustable as the bolt hole are slotted, unless they've been damaged.

Orich

Old 06-28-2015, 07:07 PM
Mister_King
Tuned
Originally Posted by orich
Those hood hinge brackets are some what adjustable as the bolt hole are slotted, unless they've been damaged.

Orich
I have a feeling these hinges have been damaged as I have never seen a hood sit so high and I have never seen springs that are so worn. I have my old springs that did a much better job. Going to have to call a buddy over and switch em over real quick.

Old 06-28-2015, 08:03 PM
orich
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Mister_King
I have a feeling these hinges have been damaged as I have never seen a hood sit so high and I have never seen springs that are so worn. I have my old springs that did a much better job. Going to have to call a buddy over and switch em over real quick.
I'm using 1975 springs as my stock one would not lift it up all the way any more. One hinge got pretty sloppy so found a pretty good used one at the PnP JY about 10 yrs ago..
I do shoot the hinges with wd-40 about every 6 months tho.
Orich

Old 06-28-2015, 09:34 PM
FALLN_69F100
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is that a screenshot from snapchat I see? lol (post 78)

I'm not far from you, over near Santabarbara going to college as well, Isn't it a shame getting buried in books when all you want to do is work on the truck? For me at least....

Good Job so far man keep it up

Old 06-30-2015, 10:47 PM
Mister_King
Tuned
Originally Posted by FALLN_69F100
Is that a screenshot from snapchat I see? lol (post 78)

I'm not far from you, over near Santabarbara going to college as well, Isn't it a shame getting buried in books when all you want to do is work on the truck? For me at least....

Good Job so far man keep it up
Yeah, had to screenshot it off my story.
Nice to see someone else young enough to know what that is

In summer accelerated course rite now so I am only taking one class but being accelerated, it still takes up too much time. Only have class three days a week so I spend as much time working on my truck as possible, but at the same time gotta take some time to take care of school and work. Either way, I always make time to work on the Ford.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:02 PM
bajafishnut
Cargo Master
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts
I'm liking retirement, with 6 Saturdays, and 1 Sunday each week. I am happy to see some young blood in the hood, or under the hood as most of us are...

Translate the anachronisms for us old farts once in awhile. My brain is like an old computer, with the memory filled to capacity. No new memory available, without deleting some of the old... let me see, where did I leave it..??

baja

Old 06-24-2016, 05:49 PM
Mister_King
Tuned
It's been a while.

Out of school and am starting to work full time again which means I will be spending a lot more time / money on my 67'. For the most part it has just been sitting for the past year. I try to start it a couple time a week at least. Not much has changed since I was last posting on this thread. I ended up getting new hood springs so now my hood goes up and down properly. Rebuilt my 2100 carb about a week or so ago and the 360 is now running better than it ever has. Small exhaust leak but I am going to be ordering some 4WD headers and running dual exhaust so I am not in a hurry to change an exhaust manifold gasket thats gonna get pulled soon anyways. Still running the stock / original oil bath air cleaner, I am assuming it is very restrictive, but for now, I like it. Did some looking around and found a camper shell for a long bed in good shape on my local Craigslist postings just yesterday. Drove about 4 miles to Norco, CA and picked up the camper shell for $50. Wired the interior camper light where my old bed light was and it works like it should. Bolted the camper down and washed it. For $50 I think it was a steal. I tend to throw things in the bed and forget about them so the heat / rain does a number on them, this solves that problem very well. (Plus, I think the bumps are some of the best looking trucks with a camper shell.)

To do list:

I am going to be ordering lots of brake parts over the next couple of days. Entire brake system from the MC / booster down to the drums, including the lines will be new. I will do my best to remember to take some photos. After seeing CraigerF100's post, I am going to be using a 95' Explorer MC.

New bench seat. Padding and upholstery were no good on the seat I had. Found a bench seat in pick-a-part in mint condition (looked recently upholstered) and snagged it for $50. Unfortunately the brackets bolt pattern doesn't fit in my truck so I am going to take the padding / vinyl and put it on my old frame.

New wheels and tires. My original intentions when I purchased this truck was too make everything as stock / original as possible. I am still not opposed to this, but I feel there are a couple reasonable areas to make some adjustments. When I purchased the truck it has some 35 inch mud terrain tires that had seen better days, sold the 15 inch wheels and tires for about $400 and got some nice 235 / 75 / 15 and some original Ford steel wheels 5 x 5.5. One of my big reasons on getting smaller tires was due to the fact that I didn't was to pay $300-$400 per tire for some 35's. After talking to a buddy of mine who gets a new pair of 36's every year, he opened my eyes to the military surplus tires. Old humvee tires 36 x 12.5 x 16.5r with 80% - 95% tread for $100 a pop. All the ones my buddy has had looked brand new and he loves them, so I think I will give those a shot. Sell the tires and wheels I have now. Find some 16.5 inch wheels with 5 x 5.5 pattern. 35's cleared with no issues, so I am pretty certain those will as well. I plan on getting these within the next few weeks.

Lots more I have planned, but these are the upcoming major plans. I will add some random photos I've taken recently after this post.

If you have any comments / suggestions, let me know as I will be checking / updating this thread a lot more in the upcoming weeks.

Mister_King

Old 06-24-2016, 05:56 PM
Mister_King
Tuned

67 F100 4x4 with the $50 camper shell.

Original bench seat tore down.

$50 bench seat from pick-a-part. Great condition.

67 F100 4x4 with the $50 camper shell.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:18 PM
orich
Lead Driver
Ah yes I also got a $50 buck camper shell off C/L a number of yrs ago.
Helps keep wondering eyes & hands out of the back, as I don't have any free storage any more.

But have to remove it to get some bed body work done pretty soon.

Not sure what I'll do with it yet. The shell has the wood covered glass where it mounts onto the bed which is most dry rot. So have a wood piece 1x2"x 7' clamped over that area. It's really not worth fixing and keeping as to much work the repair it to make it look good. The shell looks good from the out side tho!
Orich

Old 06-26-2016, 05:24 PM
Mister_King
Tuned
Originally Posted by orich
Ah yes I also got a $50 buck camper shell off C/L a number of yrs ago.
Helps keep wondering eyes & hands out of the back, as I don't have any free storage any more.

But have to remove it to get some bed body work done pretty soon.

Not sure what I'll do with it yet. The shell has the wood covered glass where it mounts onto the bed which is most dry rot. So have a wood piece 1x2"x 7' clamped over that area. It's really not worth fixing and keeping as to much work the repair it to make it look good. The shell looks good from the out side tho!
Orich

Also can't beat not having hot sun beating on the back of your neck!

What size tires do you have on the 71' in that photo?

Old 06-26-2016, 09:48 PM
stldesign
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man could you do me a huge favor?

Could you take a picture f your front end. i need to see how your drag link relates to your track bar.

We bought a 69 just like yours and put in a 78 Dana 44. We took the truck apart without taking photos. Now it is all together but I notice the drag link and track bar are at somewhat different angles.

Also mine has a dropped pitman arm. Is it stock? If you could could I get a pic of your pitman arm.

Dug all around internet cant find any good pictures for reference.

Thanks MIKE

Last edited by stldesign; 06-26-2016 at 09:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-26-2016, 11:05 PM
orich
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Mister_King
Also can't beat not having hot sun beating on the back of your neck!

What size tires do you have on the 71' in that photo?
Orich

Tire Size: LT285/75R16
Sidewall: Raised White Letters
Overall Diameter: 32.8
Max Load: 3750
Load Range: E
Speed Rating: R = 106 mph
Rim Range: 7.5 - 9

Quick Reply: Just purchased a 67' F100