1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instrument panel lighting

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 03:56 AM
Mcrafty1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 56 Likes on 31 Posts
Instrument panel lighting

2007 F-250 One light in the tach is out, my question is how do I get to it to replace it? Are these instruments lit with conventional bulbs or solid state circuitry?

Old 10-08-2014, 08:23 AM
tonefordays
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take a read through this thread;

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...t-cluster.html

It's not that hard of a job to do. The dash doesn't need to be completely removed, just enough to remove the instrument cluster.

Also, when I replaced the bulbs in mine, I found <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> the 14.0v -1.4w Sylvania 74LL, 2pack for $4 @ autozone. The bulbs are mounted in a plastic twist lock in back of the instrument cluster. Remove the twist lock from the cluster, then remove the bulb from the twist lock, you will reuse this. When you re-install back into the instrument cluster, be sure it fits snug. If it's loose, you will need to tweak on the metal spring clip to make it fit better. This is what gives it the electrical contact, so it can't be loose.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:59 AM
Mcrafty1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 56 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by tonefordays
Take a read through this thread;

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...t-cluster.html

It's not that hard of a job to do. The dash doesn't need to be completely removed, just enough to remove the instrument cluster.

Also, when I replaced the bulbs in mine, I found <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> the 14.0v -1.4w Sylvania 74LL, 2pack for $4 @ autozone. The bulbs are mounted in a plastic twist lock in back of the instrument cluster. Remove the twist lock from the cluster, then remove the bulb from the twist lock, you will reuse this. When you re-install back into the instrument cluster, be sure it fits snug. If it's loose, you will need to tweak on the metal spring clip to make it fit better. This is what gives it the electrical contact, so it can't be loose.

Hope this helps.
Ok, Thanks, when I have the bulbs in hand I'll have a go at it.