6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

2010 F250 Rear Wheel Bounce ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 07:37 PM
Bingolfn
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 F250 Rear Wheel Bounce ???

Hey Folks !
I recently have noticed about 2 months ago the back end of my truck bouncing at various speed's, tires balanced half a dozen times, new tires, new shocks and still no help...
truck has approximately 95,400 miles and it has drove like a dream until now !! Not sure if its coincidence but it seems like it really started shortly after having my transmission service !!! Any help sure would be appreciated

Old 10-08-2014, 04:50 AM
bubbasz1
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bingolfn
Hey Folks !
I recently have noticed about 2 months ago the back end of my truck bouncing at various speed's, tires balanced half a dozen times, new tires, new shocks and still no help...
truck has approximately 95,400 miles and it has drove like a dream until now !! Not sure if its coincidence but it seems like it really started shortly after having my transmission service !!! Any help sure would be appreciated
I don't recall anyone having this issue but I'll bump your post back up to the top and maybe someone will chime in, BTW glad you joined the 6.4 group, welcome.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:54 AM
RM2738
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't recall this at all happening to anyone.

Empty? What Shocks? I can't see the trans service causing this. Do you haul loads at all?

Old 10-08-2014, 08:15 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
At what speeds does the vibration start?

Does it go away after you speed up?

Old 10-08-2014, 11:58 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey Folks !
Welcome to the forum, Bingolfn! Have you had your dealership take a look? Let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

Crystal

Old 10-08-2014, 06:37 PM
Bingolfn
New User
Originally Posted by RM2738
I don't recall this at all happening to anyone.

Empty? What Shocks? I can't see the trans service causing this. Do you haul loads at all?

I just put on new Rancho shock which is what came on it new. I don haul anything anymore, had a couple of big boats but nothing now !!

Old 10-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Bingolfn
New User
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn
At what speeds does the vibration start?

Does it go away after you speed up?
Its just about at any speed above 30mph all the way up to 80mph on the freeway !!! Not sure what to do at this point, you would think a $61,000 vehicle wouldn't have these issues !!

Old 10-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Bingolfn
New User
Originally Posted by FordService
Welcome to the forum, Bingolfn! Have you had your dealership take a look? Let me know and I'll see what I can do to help.

Crystal
Hi Crystal, No not yet ! However they haven't been much help in the past either so I been trying a few things on my own but it look like they are my next option !!
Few months back was loosing air in my front tire and come to find out my rim was cracked, shortly there after the right rear one cracked so I ended up just buying 4 new factory rims because Ford wouldn't honor the issue ! I'm an Engineer and now when I see a Manufacturer defect !!
Chris

Old 10-09-2014, 08:58 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi Crystal, No not yet ! However they haven't been much help in the past either so I been trying a few things on my own but it look like they are my next option !!...
Let us know if you decide to get this addressed by your dealership, Chris. Once you've had this diagnosed, I'll be able to look into some ways to help.

Crystal

Old 10-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Bingolfn
New User
Will do Crystal, Thank you !!

Chris

Old 10-11-2014, 11:31 PM
ssharber
Tuned
Chris, Ive had an issue similar to this one, with no luck in finding the problem OR getting it fixed, despite paying 1200.00 to a Ford dealership and taking it back to them twice after the repair. My issue is a bent axle, axle hub, or something bent back there with the differential, despite being the first owner, NEVER having hit any kind of pothole or anything hard enough to bend an axle, being told these axles are "unbendable" (that quote came from several Ford tech's and other Ford owners). My wheel's, when you jack up the truck and place it on jack stands, put it in gear, wobble slightly, as if the axle or axle hub is bent. It IS NOT the wheel, as I had the dealership tell me until I had them take a new wheel off another truck in the lot and prove it. After telling me my rotor and hub were warped and replacing them, then trying to stick me for the bearings as a separate line item on the repair order, (the new hub comes with the bearings installed) I got home and jacked it up to find that it was still doing the exact same thing. After much frustration and words I had to ask GOD forgiveness for, I took it back to the dealership and after another intense look at the situation, was told that it was not that bad and might even be within spec!

The wheel wobbles so much that when I rotated the tires, it had worn the new rear Michelins I just had placed on it so badly my steering wheel shimmies in my hands at 45 mph like Im driving down a dirt road. Ive posted about it here before. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...lp-please.html) Ive taken it to axle shops, and even other Ford mechanics who all tell me they have no idea what it could be. It has pushed me to the point that I will never buy a Ford vehicle again. This is my third Ford truck and many Ford vehicles and I'm just really frustrated. Ive tried reaching out to a 1-800 number but would have to look to see which one but to this day it now sits in the garage. I used to love to drive that truck. I never listened to the radio because I love the way a diesel sounds. (I'm a Paramedic by trade) The truck drove excellent before this issue came up, and I honestly wish someone cared enough to help me out with it. I hope you get some help from Crystal.

Sorry to rant like that but as much as I posted about axle issues and wheel wobbles on here, I never got an offer of help from anyone, so when I saw the post and the offer of help from Crystal I just had to jump in. Senix knows my story on this as I have spoken to him personally about this issue many times. Anyway best of luck with your issue.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:19 AM
bubbasz1
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ssharber
Chris, Ive had an issue similar to this one, with no luck in finding the problem OR getting it fixed, despite paying 1200.00 to a Ford dealership and taking it back to them twice after the repair. My issue is a bent axle, axle hub, or something bent back there with the differential, despite being the first owner, NEVER having hit any kind of pothole or anything hard enough to bend an axle, being told these axles are "unbendable" (that quote came from several Ford tech's and other Ford owners). My wheel's, when you jack up the truck and place it on jack stands, put it in gear, wobble slightly, as if the axle or axle hub is bent. It IS NOT the wheel, as I had the dealership tell me until I had them take a new wheel off another truck in the lot and prove it. After telling me my rotor and hub were warped and replacing them, then trying to stick me for the bearings as a separate line item on the repair order, (the new hub comes with the bearings installed) I got home and jacked it up to find that it was still doing the exact same thing. After much frustration and words I had to ask GOD forgiveness for, I took it back to the dealership and after another intense look at the situation, was told that it was not that bad and might even be within spec!

The wheel wobbles so much that when I rotated the tires, it had worn the new rear Michelins I just had placed on it so badly my steering wheel shimmies in my hands at 45 mph like Im driving down a dirt road. Ive posted about it here before. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...lp-please.html) Ive taken it to axle shops, and even other Ford mechanics who all tell me they have no idea what it could be. It has pushed me to the point that I will never buy a Ford vehicle again. This is my third Ford truck and many Ford vehicles and I'm just really frustrated. Ive tried reaching out to a 1-800 number but would have to look to see which one but to this day it now sits in the garage. I used to love to drive that truck. I never listened to the radio because I love the way a diesel sounds. (I'm a Paramedic by trade) The truck drove excellent before this issue came up, and I honestly wish someone cared enough to help me out with it. I hope you get some help from Crystal.

Sorry to rant like that but as much as I posted about axle issues and wheel wobbles on here, I never got an offer of help from anyone, so when I saw the post and the offer of help from Crystal I just had to jump in. Senix knows my story on this as I have spoken to him personally about this issue many times. Anyway best of luck with your issue.
I see I responded on the original post a couple of years ago, and I believe if I read correctly into this when you say you never got an offer for help from anyone you were talking about Crystal from Ford, I think that is a new service that started after your issue, because we were willing to help, and as far as I'm concerend I think it's time to get it out of the garage and start all over, I'm game if you are and I'm sure the rest of the guys will chime in also, and when it's fixed you can go back to enjoying your truck again.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:07 PM
ssharber
Tuned
Yes, of course thats what I meant Jeff. I've always had very good luck getting excellent advice from this forum in the years Ive owned this truck. You all had some great advice and if I felt comfortable enough tearing into this I would. I mean Ive worked on cars all my life. Ive replaced the brakes on this truck, replaced the alternator, and done all my maintenance work, oil, filters, fuel filters, etc. but truly was hoping since I had paid Ford 1200.00 and gotten no fix to the issue that I would try getting some help from a Ford rep before I even attempt to work on this. I feel I was ripped off on the repair as the hub and rotor were not warped, I had asked for the parts to be returned to me so I would have that proof, only to be told that they were sent back by accident, and I honestly would like to try and see if a Ford rep would be willing to help me with this issue. If I get nowhere on that front I'll be trying to do something with it myself and will welcome everyone's advice here on this forum as I always have. Thank you all very much.

Old 10-18-2014, 01:49 AM
ssharber
Tuned
Well, so much for the offer of help from Ford service rep. Will be asking you guys about options, ideas, advice after I tear into this. It may be a couple weeks before I get to it but I'm hopeful I can figure it out… with all you guys help, that is. This will be my last Ford after such crappy service and the "Ford, Built Tough" bs. I'm going to go back and do some of the previous tests and will let ya'll know what I find. Wish me luck.

Old 10-18-2014, 06:26 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
A bent hub should be fairly easy to spot and fix. If the wheel wobbles no matter which rim you use, it must be the hub. A bent axle will make a wheel run crooked, but not wobble.

Quick Reply: 2010 F250 Rear Wheel Bounce ???