1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Please HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Wtownjake
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hussler
Lets get down to the issue. Do you have the wrong injectors installed or not? Do you have a Cali truck manufactured for that state? If so then the injectors are correct, if not then the injectors won't work good with the 48 state PCM, unless the PCM was changed, re-flashed, programmer, etc .. , then it becomes more complex.

More information is required ...
I checked the passenger valve cover. The sticker is black. That means it's not California right? Any other ways to check?

Old 10-05-2014, 07:32 AM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wtownjake
The guy would had it before me I guess. I just found out they were split shots when I popped the valve covers. They are dated 12/13 too so they are pretty new it would suck to buy new single shot injectors.
You need to look at the code on the injectors. Are they AA, AD, AB, etc. Is that date something that someone has stamped on them? They could be AA injectors that were remanned 12/13. I've never seen a date on an injector other than one that was stamped on them. Get the code from the top of the injectors and go from there.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:12 AM
farmert
Logistics Pro
Received 518 Likes on 252 Posts
I checked the passenger valve cover. The sticker is black. That means it's not California right? Any other ways to check?
Look at the mechinical fuel pump, the Cali model trucks have a fuel pulse adapter (I think it is called) on it. Some say it looks like the Startreck space ship, but I have never seen one.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:34 AM
Wtownjake
New User
Originally Posted by ReBilld
You need to look at the code on the injectors. Are they AA, AD, AB, etc. Is that date something that someone has stamped on them? They could be AA injectors that were remanned 12/13. I've never seen a date on an injector other than one that was stamped on them. Get the code from the top of the injectors and go from there.
They are AD and the date is stamped on the metal band thing around the injector that holds the injector in place.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:36 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
IF they are split shots, the cheapest route would be to find a PCM from a CA model. I'm surprised that Tony said a chip wouldn't correct this situation.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Wtownjake
New User
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
IF they are split shots, the cheapest route would be to find a PCM from a CA model. I'm surprised that Tony said a chip wouldn't correct this situation.
I found a cheap 95 motor I could pull the injectors on and put in mine but they have high mileage and mine don't. Also the split shots have more nozzle spray I believe. People told me i would be downgrading by putting AA injectors back in?

Old 10-05-2014, 10:37 AM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I found a cheap 95 motor I could pull the injectors on and put in mine but they have high mileage and mine don't. Also the split shots have more nozzle spray I believe. People told me i would be downgrading by putting AA injectors back in?
And somebody thought split shots would work where single shots belong. The stock AA injectors are smaller, but would operate correctly assuming they are good to start with. You could install a set of reman single shots that are a little bigger that would give you more power, even if you run with stock tuning.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:38 AM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Your really only downgrading if your truck runs right. You don't happen to know where the injectors came from do you

Old 10-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Wtownjake
New User
Where the date was stamped on the injectors it said pensacola diesel. Yes, I know iv heard terrible things about them. But I pulled the valve covers and watched them. They are all spraying oil.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:54 AM
Wtownjake
New User
Originally Posted by CampSpringsJohn
And somebody thought split shots would work where single shots belong. The stock AA injectors are smaller, but would operate correctly assuming they are good to start with. You could install a set of reman single shots that are a little bigger that would give you more power, even if you run with stock tuning.
Would I be better off getting new AA injectors or getting a custom tuned chip to compensate for the AD injectors?

Old 10-05-2014, 10:56 AM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Have tunes built for splits are put a Cali PCM in it and problem solved

Old 10-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Wtownjake
New User
In the meantime before I get a custom tuned chip am I hurting the truck by driving it?

Old 10-05-2014, 11:53 AM
fordpride
Post Fiend
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Other than crappy mpg's and a poor idle, nope

Old 10-05-2014, 08:33 PM
Wtownjake
New User
Originally Posted by fordpride
Other than crappy mpg's and a poor idle, nope
The thing is it idles really good. And drives really good other than at high rpms

Old 10-05-2014, 11:31 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Reason why I asked where they came from is could they be remans built to single shots. Such as a stage 1. If that were the case the stick would be fine and his issue would be something else. Some one enlighten me

Quick Reply: Please HELP!!!