Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

October Chat and Off Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 05:49 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
October Chat and Off Topic Thread

Alright, alright...I'll start another monthly thread. I'm begining to think certain members of this chapter have forgotten what a computer is.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:14 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
Alright, alright...I'll start another monthly thread. I'm begining to think certain members of this chapter have forgotten what a computer is.
Yep, it is looking like we have been abandoned.
On an up note, I was finally able to drag my Dad's old Nissan 4X4 out of the river bottoms today. I have had it sold since back in the spring, but the rain and high water kept me from moving it. It has already been delivered to it's new home.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:35 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by mechmagcn
Yep, it is looking like we have been abandoned.
Like a couple of redheaded step children I tell ya! Oh well, guess if they're not here...we can talk about them. Especially those 7.3L powered SuperDuty owners!!!! So many to choice from, wonder where I should start?
On an up note, I was finally able to drag my Dad's old Nissan 4X4 out of the river bottoms today. I have had it sold since back in the spring, but the rain and high water kept me from moving it. It has already been delivered to it's new home.
Not sure if this is good news, or bad. It was part of the family...but it was a Nissan. Glad you were able to accomplish what you had planned today. The oldest wanted to go by the local state police HQ to get his learner's permit. Part of me was glad he didn't have the form from the school district. Not quite sure I'm ready for him to start driving....especially the truck.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:35 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Not quite sure I'm ready for him to start driving....especially the truck.
Awww Zac, be a good run for him to learn on Sun. See ya then buddy! :-)

Old 10-04-2014, 09:59 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been trying to check in at least once a week or so, just haven't had much to contribute.

I did manage to get my scaffold built out in the shop, and get the T5HO fixture put up.. man that thing is like the surface of the sun.. now I just need at least 3 more.

Old 10-04-2014, 09:26 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Awww Zac, be a good run for him to learn on Sun. See ya then buddy! :-)
Your not helping my case here "buddy"...if I didn't know any better, I'd say you laughing at all my mental anguish. Everything was alright today until we curb checked the same side within a mile. That was where Dad got a little upset. There was no yelling but there was a strong request to keep the Michlins off the curb....they don't jihad well with each other.
Originally Posted by tojoski
I've been trying to check in at least once a week or so, just haven't had much to contribute.
Likely story, let's cut to the chase...the girls have you tied up at tea parties. Which there is nothing wrong with that. Some of my best eating has come during one of the tea parties/restaurant encounters via the daughter. The best part, it's guilt free eating!
I did manage to get my scaffold built out in the shop, and get the T5HO fixture put up.. man that thing is like the surface of the sun.. now I just need at least 3 more.
That isn't one of the light fixtures you had stacked in the corner during the GTG is it? Seems like you had five or six stacked over there...but I don't remember exactly.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:36 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
That isn't one of the light fixtures you had stacked in the corner during the GTG is it? Seems like you had five or six stacked over there...but I don't remember exactly.
No, I have decided against using those, at least up on the ceiling.

What you see in the pic is the most efficient fluorescent there is, T5HO. Between 4 bulbs there is about 20,000 lumens of output.

I calculated a while back that I would need like 5 of these fixtures, but i was surprised how much light the single strip put out, more than enough for most things ill be doing out there.

I may just go with 3 more of these.. they have the option of turning just one side on or the other if you wire them that way.

Attached Images  
Old 10-08-2014, 08:06 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
No, I have decided against using those, at least up on the ceiling. What you see in the pic is the most efficient fluorescent there is, T5HO. Between 4 bulbs there is about 20,000 lumens of output.

I calculated a while back that I would need like 5 of these fixtures, but i was surprised how much light the single strip put out, more than enough for most things ill be doing out there. I may just go with 3 more of these.. they have the option of turning just one side on or the other if you wire them that way.
Holy smokes! That is bright...and that's only one fixture? What kind of wattage usage are they? I'm not saying I need to run out there and get me a couple for the shop, but I am impressed by that one fixture.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:35 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
You can never have too much light in a shop. Now too little.... I have worked in a few that would make working in the dark like daylight. ;-)

Old 10-11-2014, 08:26 PM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
I'm begining to think certain members of this chapter have forgotten what a computer is.

I do forget until the weekend hits & I have time to get on here (interwebz).

Last week I went to North Carolina for a class for work. Got to look at this for lunch.

Bought yet another truck yesterday. 1977 F750 391FT 5x2 21' roll back.

Old 10-12-2014, 07:27 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jgoodman6891
I do forget until the weekend hits & I have time to get on here (interwebz).

Bought yet another truck yesterday. 1977 F750 391FT 5x2 21' roll back.

That crack was toward a certain couple of 7.3L drivers from the Central Arkansas area....those who take great pride in giving me a load of crap because I drive a 6.0L powered truck. One of them just happens to be a moderator!

Good looking truck! I like that bumper! Is that one of the 3208 powered truck? My former employer used to run several of those Ford & Chubby trucks that had 3208 under the hood. While they weren't exactly powerhouse trucks...those engines that sound like sewing machine running down the highway would go forever.

Old 10-12-2014, 09:53 AM
jgoodman6891
Elder User
I wish it was diesel powered. I plan on repowering it with a diesel & adding a 3spd aux trans.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:38 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Nasty weather in the south today. :-( Tornado watches and severe thunderstorm warnings are the norm this morning. Think I'll just stay on the porch and watch it blow by. ;-)

Old 10-13-2014, 10:39 AM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Anybody got any good exterior trim for a '77 F250, Ranger, Camper Special, longbed laying around. Or any hints on a supplier.

Coulda used that rollback last week. When I went to get the above truck, the owner left out the whole F250/longbed part of the description. My poor ol' F100 slick pulled it ok, just didn't want to stop too well.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:00 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Anybody got any good exterior trim for a '77 F250, Ranger, Camper Special, longbed laying around. Or any hints on a supplier.

Coulda used that rollback last week. When I went to get the above truck, the owner left out the whole F250/longbed part of the description. My poor ol' F100 slick pulled it ok, just didn't want to stop too well.
What trim are you looking for, I'll look and see what I have left.

Quick Reply: October Chat and Off Topic Thread