Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

Rockin-October is upon us, come on in and chat

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 06:55 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 190 Likes on 174 Posts
do ya'll think just because it is saturday you can stay in bed for half the day???

Old 10-04-2014, 08:20 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,288 Likes on 2,444 Posts
I have been up for hrs. Already fed the animals... 250 cattle, 7 horses, 5 donkeys and that was before it was daylight out. lol

Off to the grandsons rodeo today and get see the step daughters new house, that next weekend I get to help them move into...

Morning Missouri!

Old 10-04-2014, 09:50 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Good Morning Everybody!

Off to the junkyard to find a drive shaft for the '48. I hope to get that done today or tomorrow. I have a couple other jobs that need to be done today, so I don't know how far I'll get.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:03 AM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Good luck Alan. Good morning everyone. I hate waiting on people, the owner of the van I'm supposed tp be working on dropped it off last night and "forgot" to get my payment. It is still outside til she brings payment. I'm playing with Eleanor in the meantime.

Old 10-04-2014, 05:24 PM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
About to a stopping point on the Kia...I forgot I pulled the shop furnace motor to clean it up this summer.

Old 10-04-2014, 06:59 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
sounds like everyone is busy today..
i borrowed my s10 today.. wow sure is different driving it than "ole rip van winkle" .. but until i get my new heater core in the f100 i guess i will be in the little red truck

Old 10-04-2014, 07:29 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
I copy and pasted this from my FB page....

I forgot the camera today, but the '48 now has a new drive shaft. Nothing I had kicking around would work, so I had to root through the drive shaft pile at my favorite secret junkyard. To put that into perspective, picture a pile of drive shafts about the same size as a new Ford F-150. Now the fun part. I got a drive shaft that I didn't have to cut, but it was a Chevy shaft. Picture trying to find U-joints for that......

Me: I need two U-joints.
Parts store guy: For what?
Me: I don't know.
Parts store guy: Can ya' give me a hint?
Me: I'm connecting an F-150 transmission to an Explorer rear with a Chevy drive shaft. ....and everything is in a '48 Ford F-1.
Parts store guy: What year Explorer?
Parts store guy: What did the drive shaft come out of?
Parts store guy: Damn it, Alan!
Me: Break out the calipers, I know you can do it. (I brought the old pieces with me so he could measure everything)

Not only did he figure it out, but he had both U-joints in stock. Ya' gotta keep these parts store guys on their toes.

Old 10-04-2014, 07:34 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
I also found a PERFECT front bumper for the '73 with the Explorer rubber pads and bumperettes. I guess Uncle Jesse's truck is getting the Explorer package put on it.

Old 10-04-2014, 07:59 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
alan sounds like something i would do... my parts guy knows better than to ask me ..what year, make and model are the parts for.. usually he just asks me hat do you think will fit .. and we go from there

Old 10-05-2014, 08:23 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
good morning missouri
i am watching "GEARS" on tv and they are wrapping a stepvan for stacey.. i wonder what it would cost to put a wrap on the "magic bus" instead of paint, maybe just on the flat sides?.. it looks good in the pictures but the bus has a lot more curve's on the frt. end than a flat sided stepvan.. although i would still rather see what chip would do with a project that big..

Old 10-05-2014, 09:10 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,288 Likes on 2,444 Posts
What about 4 or 5 FTE guys and some rattle can (gentlemen mark your spot) competition? Or what about getting some "taggers" to doctor it up, that might be interesting, some of those guys are quite good at it?

Morning Missouri.

Grandson did not ride last night, he got spooked at the rail when his cousin (2 1/2 year old girl (what is her mom thinking?) did a face plant off the sheep, right out the chute gate and went to crying like crazy.

She DID have a full face helmet and vest on....

He said he wanted to go before her and if grandpaw would of been behind the chutes it would of went that way. I will be back there next time!

Old 10-05-2014, 11:21 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Good Morning Everybody!

RC. DO NOT get a wrap. It will cost between $15-$20K to wrap the bus and it only lasts 5 years. The stuff AIN'T cheap. They wrapped a motor home for the Joplin Extreme Makeover Home Edition build and the guy said it would've cost them $30K to do if they weren't donating their time and materials.

Wraps are HUGE waste of time and money. It's ok if you think you can make up the money with advertising. Kinda like throwing money in the toilet on newspaper ads and bill boards. You just have a bill board you can drive.

I like not having to run two shops. I'm going to the craft fair with Tiff today instead of working in the shop. I have a heater core job getting dropped off tomorrow. I should have the '48 done by Tuesday at the latest. (unless he comes up with something else for me to do.) It's pretty much ready to wire up and get running now. The steering, pedals, drive shaft, floors, engine and trans mounts, etc. are all done. (or they will be by Tuesday.)

Old 10-05-2014, 06:18 PM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
I'm with Alan on the wrap.

Old 10-05-2014, 08:34 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
yea paint would be better for sure.. so 1000 years from now when they dig up the bus, blow my dusty bones out of it...and wonder what message there was in the strange markings all over it... ha ha ha ha ha

Old 10-05-2014, 10:17 PM
Stephen Dazey
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good evening guys... I could sit back and read this thread all day... Well I did actually but it didn't take all day because I was on here two days ago. Just always a very interesting read to see what's going on with everyone. Looks like everyone is staying busy.

Alan, that's a good parts guy... Good stuff

Rich, I was never in a rodeo like your grandson, but my grandpa had me jumping of the back of 4wheelers and tackling bull calves at about age 10-12. I'd wrestle em down and he'd come over and cut em. I sure thought it was fun until I took a ride on a calf that was a little stonger than I was ready for. We ran em through the chute after that one.

Whiskey runner - that wrap stuff never works out- 5years would be a gift if you got that out of it... We have done a few cars at the dealership for advertising on service loaner cars... As soon as they get a rock chip in them, they just start ripping apart...

I took the wife and boy to the magic house today for the first time... 10 bucks a person seemed kinda steep... But we were already there... It was truck day up there and they had all the big stuff... Fire trucks and dump trucks and all that... Only thing was is it was reservation only... So we didn't get in. So the $30 in tickets took us inside on a pretty day. It was still pretty cool though. We found out that there were 7 total set ups in the magic house that had steering wheels... I'm on my phone or I would post all seven pics. He had a blast. We spent about 3 hours there, got some food and headed home. He slept the whole way back. The $30 was worth it after all.

Went up to the dealership to grab my truck (it's been on the trailer for two days now) and brought it home. It was a one man show unloading it, which was close to the same caliber of idea as rolling it down the hill to load it on the trailer. I used my foot to push it off the trailer with my hand on the steering wheel, got a little startled with how fast it was rolling of the trailer,and slammed my foot on the brake. So then I had the truck with two tires in the grass and the front two still in the trailer. It was pretty level so the truck wouldn't budge. Went in to get the wife to help, and she was putting Liam to sleep. So I went back out and double checked the E-brake, put the truck attached to the trailer in drive and pulled out from underneath it. I'll go over and get my father I laws 4 wheeler (his is closer than my grandpas house to my house) and pull it in the garage this week some time.

I'd post that last part on my build thread, but I don't want some kid trying that and getting hurt.

Taking the engine to mclains tomorrow hopefully.

Last edited by Stephen Dazey; 10-05-2014 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Autocorrect on my phone had this all jacked up.

Quick Reply: Rockin-October is upon us, come on in and chat