1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2011 F250 Crew, Cab Clearance Lights thread...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 08:34 AM
PineyMountainRacing
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I've read all the FTE threads about installing the cab marker lights, this seems like the most recent thread so I will ask here. Awesome write up btw

I'm confused about the harness. I want to do this to my 02 F250, I have the overhead console with computer and compass. Will I be replacing the harness that goes to it with a new harness that feeds the console as well as the new lights, or will I be running a separate harness for just the cab lights. And if that's the case, where will the harness plug in on the '02? Gonna stop by the Ford dealer later today and price the kit, looks like about $150 for everything off of fleaBay.

Cheers!

PMR

Old 01-08-2015, 10:03 AM
r2011
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lights

May I add you will love the glow from cab markers at night off of hood.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:14 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
My 2012 F-250 XLT had the clearance lamps but I wanted to add factory nav / Sirius...which required the hockey puck antenna on the roof. I can remember how paranoid I was just drilling two holes to accommodate this small addition. I measured against other trucks, and taped a paper template in place. Chips can be a problem, inside and out. I, too used silicone...although probably not necessary. There is a drain in the front of the gasket. I think it works much like a sunroof gasket...the outer seal stops most of the water, and what does get by just drains out. Of course, there is an inner seal as well on the GPS antenna.

Great write-up. I asked my dealer to quote me, he said the dealer refused to do retrofitted cab clearance lamps and GPS antennas. He told me to go to a body shop; they wanted $200 to do the job, including the harness. I did it myself. No leaks; have since traded for a truck with the antenna (and lamps) already included.

I think all these Super Duty's should have them standard...but I guess some people don't like them.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:33 AM
JoeyCap
Tuned
Originally Posted by troverman
My 2012 F-250 XLT had the clearance lamps but I wanted to add factory nav / Sirius...which required the hockey puck antenna on the roof. I can remember how paranoid I was just drilling two holes to accommodate this small addition. I measured against other trucks, and taped a paper template in place. Chips can be a problem, inside and out. I, too used silicone...although probably not necessary. There is a drain in the front of the gasket. I think it works much like a sunroof gasket...the outer seal stops most of the water, and what does get by just drains out. Of course, there is an inner seal as well on the GPS antenna.

Great write-up. I asked my dealer to quote me, he said the dealer refused to do retrofitted cab clearance lamps and GPS antennas. He told me to go to a body shop; they wanted $200 to do the job, including the harness. I did it myself. No leaks; have since traded for a truck with the antenna (and lamps) already included.

I think all these Super Duty's should have them standard...but I guess some people don't like them.
I wanted to add the factory Sirius antenna also. I believe I found the part # for the antenna, but I can't find the module or whatever else it is to connect to the radio. Do you happen to remember where you got the antenna and anything else you used to add sirius to the factory unit, or what the part #'s are?

Thanks.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:37 AM
JoeyCap
Tuned
Originally Posted by PineyMountainRacing
I think I've read all the FTE threads about installing the cab marker lights, this seems like the most recent thread so I will ask here. Awesome write up btw

I'm confused about the harness. I want to do this to my 02 F250, I have the overhead console with computer and compass. Will I be replacing the harness that goes to it with a new harness that feeds the console as well as the new lights, or will I be running a separate harness for just the cab lights. And if that's the case, where will the harness plug in on the '02? Gonna stop by the Ford dealer later today and price the kit, looks like about $150 for everything off of fleaBay.

Cheers!

PMR
I did mine a couple weeks ago thanks to this thread. The harness I replaced only ran the lights, airbags, and GPS antenna (I don't have one). The lights on my console were something seperate.

Good luck, make sure to keep the whole day open for this so you don't rush and make a mistake!

Old 01-08-2015, 12:42 PM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyCap
I wanted to add the factory Sirius antenna also. I believe I found the part # for the antenna, but I can't find the module or whatever else it is to connect to the radio. Do you happen to remember where you got the antenna and anything else you used to add sirius to the factory unit, or what the part #'s are?

Thanks.
I bought the factory navigation radio w/ 6.5" screen...this radio includes the Sirius tuner. I needed to add the "dual band" GPS / Satellite antenna, and the harness for the antenna, as well as the splitter (antenna to satellite radio input and antenna to GPS input, both on back of navi unit. With a non-nav radio, there is a separate SiriusXM tuner which I believe mounts under the dash just above the gas and brake pedals. Another harness feeds this module into the back of the radio.

I have since traded the truck, so not sure of the part numbers, but I was able to buy the antenna, harness which runs up the a-pillar, and splitter all from my dealer for as good a price as any online...plus, they'll help you get the right parts.

Old 01-08-2015, 06:53 PM
JoeyCap
Tuned
Originally Posted by troverman
I bought the factory navigation radio w/ 6.5" screen...this radio includes the Sirius tuner. I needed to add the "dual band" GPS / Satellite antenna, and the harness for the antenna, as well as the splitter (antenna to satellite radio input and antenna to GPS input, both on back of navi unit. With a non-nav radio, there is a separate SiriusXM tuner which I believe mounts under the dash just above the gas and brake pedals. Another harness feeds this module into the back of the radio.

I have since traded the truck, so not sure of the part numbers, but I was able to buy the antenna, harness which runs up the a-pillar, and splitter all from my dealer for as good a price as any online...plus, they'll help you get the right parts.
Thanks! I will have to look into it.

Old 01-18-2015, 03:07 AM
scotttahoe
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PineyMountainRacing

Cheers!

PMR
With your year truck I believe you can just buy the harness as I did and run it down the pass side pillar down to the kick panel and plug it in thats what I did with my 99.

The white plug was something I built for the 07 mirrors you won't have that behind your kick panel but you should see two wires a black one (ground) and a brown one (power).

Old 02-05-2015, 11:31 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
I did mine a couple weeks ago thanks to this thread. The harness I replaced only ran the lights, airbags, and GPS antenna (I don't have one). The lights on my console were something seperate.

Good luck, make sure to keep the whole day open for this so you don't rush and make a mistake!
How cool is that!!! Any pictures?

Old 02-05-2015, 11:17 PM
JoeyCap
Tuned
Originally Posted by my_crib_too
I can get some tomorrow before work!

Old 02-06-2015, 06:20 PM
JoeyCap
Tuned
Originally Posted by my_crib_too

Turned out great, no issues at all!
Only thing I did different than you was I used a hole saw because I couldn't find a knockout tool at any Lowe's or Home Depot's around.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:51 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master

Turned out great, no issues at all!
Only thing I did different than you was I used a hole saw because I couldn't find a knockout tool at any Lowe's or Home Depot's around.
Looks great!!!

Ebay/Amazon is a good source for the knockout tool.

Bruce

Old 04-10-2015, 06:01 AM
dtarm1
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazing! You've posted a good 30 hours of research for me. Funny how you can't buy the most valuable things. I hope I do as well as you've done here. Thank you,

Old 04-10-2015, 10:35 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Thank you for the kind words...

Welcome to FTE and please post a picture here along with comments when you are done. I love seeing pictures of cab lights! Your comments could help the next FTE person that attempts this project.

bruce....

Old 06-03-2015, 11:16 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by r2011
May I add you will love the glow from cab markers at night off of hood.
I like the glow through the sun-roof at night.

Quick Reply: My 2011 F250 Crew, Cab Clearance Lights thread...