General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Bleeping M$

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2024, 11:18 PM
ford2go
Cargo Master
Received 142 Likes on 87 Posts
Bleeping M$

HI,
Microsloth seems to be at it again. Bad enough that they always want me to save everything to OneDrive since I started to use it to move a few files between 2 computers and a few other things. I'm sure that they would love it if I filled up the 'free' drive space and they had to sell me some and they had to sell me some more.

Anyway, tonight I was peacefully writing up something in Word, when they opened up a space on the side and put some text asking me to respond -- I couldn't delete it -- and it even appeared on my print preview.. Finally, I resaved as text and opened ot up that way. The stuff was still there, but I could toss it. Somewhere along the way I had signed out-- well gee. I usually don't sign in, but I must have wanted to use their help -- which is pretty crippled if you don't sign in. They're nagging me about being signed out now and saying that I might not be able to access my files. ( they're wrong about that).

I have probably the last version of Office Home and Student because I don't want to deal with them -- but they just keep coming

W11 users -- if you have W11S -- you can ONLY install MS apps -- unless you remove the S(ecurity) feature -- which some have had trouble doing.

Oh to be able to own things again.

hj

Last edited by ford2go; 02-01-2024 at 11:19 PM. Reason: stupidity
The following users liked this post:
Old 02-02-2024, 08:15 AM
RLXXI
Mr. Electric

Received 1,299 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Originally Posted by ford2go
HI,
Microsloth seems to be at it again. Bad enough that they always want me to save everything to OneDrive since I started to use it to move a few files between 2 computers and a few other things. I'm sure that they would love it if I filled up the 'free' drive space and they had to sell me some and they had to sell me some more.

Anyway, tonight I was peacefully writing up something in Word, when they opened up a space on the side and put some text asking me to respond -- I couldn't delete it -- and it even appeared on my print preview.. Finally, I resaved as text and opened ot up that way. The stuff was still there, but I could toss it. Somewhere along the way I had signed out-- well gee. I usually don't sign in, but I must have wanted to use their help -- which is pretty crippled if you don't sign in. They're nagging me about being signed out now and saying that I might not be able to access my files. ( they're wrong about that).

I have probably the last version of Office Home and Student because I don't want to deal with them -- but they just keep coming

W11 users -- if you have W11S -- you can ONLY install MS apps -- unless you remove the S(ecurity) feature -- which some have had trouble doing.

Oh to be able to own things again.

hj
Simple, upgrade your install to Win 11 Pro. It'll let you do anything you want pc wise.

Old 03-08-2024, 11:53 AM
Papa Tiger
Temporarily Deactivated
Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts
Plug in a USB portable drive and save your stuff to DVD or USB ?

Old 03-12-2024, 11:24 PM
CathedralCub
Lead Driver
Received 752 Likes on 686 Posts
Libre Office!

Yes, it's a bit clunky, but completely free of these shenanigans!

JWA