1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Overhead gun rack

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 06:43 AM
purplewg
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Overhead gun rack

I had a Big Sky overhead rack in the back of my 2004 Super Cab. I took it out when I got my 2015 Super Cab. I have not tried to put it in yet but the over head portion looks different and there is an air big up there. Is it only in the front? Anyone put one in a 2015? Any issues?

Old 01-11-2015, 10:53 AM
purplewg
Laughing Gas
No one put one in a 15 yet?

Old 01-11-2015, 11:21 AM
minke
More Turbo
Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
When I took down the headliner in my '11 extended cab there were airbags only in the front corners. Don't know about the '15s.

Old 01-11-2015, 05:14 PM
purplewg
Laughing Gas
Thanks, I think I will have to make some brackets to bolt to the short door latch. I saw pic of one that had done that.

Old 01-11-2015, 07:29 PM
CJ2003F250SD
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not a gun nut of any sort but I really wish I lived some place where a post about a gun rack wasn't 1 out of a 1000 . I would love to be able to hang my 30:06 and 12 ga from my truck and hunt legally and not feel like some terrorist ......

Old 01-11-2015, 07:33 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,625 Likes on 1,643 Posts
Originally Posted by CJ2003F250SD
I am not a gun nut of any sort but I really wish I lived some place where a post about a gun rack wasn't 1 out of a 1000 . I would love to be able to hang my 30:06 and 12 ga from my truck and hunt legally and not feel like some terrorist ......
I Don't worry about feeling like a terrorist; but worry about damn thieves, etc!
Gotta keep stuff out of sight!

Old 01-11-2015, 08:56 PM
CJ2003F250SD
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any place I ever hung my hat ... If two long guns hung from a window ppl knew a short barrel would greet thieves lol.

Old 01-12-2015, 06:12 AM
purplewg
Laughing Gas
That is the good thing about the overhead rack. I had a deputy talking to me one day at the window of my truck. He didn't even notice the AR hanging above my head. Thieves don't notice them up there either. They look at the floors and seats for signs of a weapon.

Old 01-12-2015, 02:38 PM
speakerfritz
Hotshot
Received 992 Likes on 762 Posts
in NYC you can not own an airsoft gun (shoots plastic BB's) which a 12 year old can buy in any state. weapons have to be in a locked case, unloaded, in the trunk or not in the passenger area, bullets in a sepearate locked case.

Old 01-13-2015, 06:15 AM
purplewg
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by speakerfritz
in NYC you can not own an airsoft gun (shoots plastic BB's) which a 12 year old can buy in any state. weapons have to be in a locked case, unloaded, in the trunk or not in the passenger area, bullets in a sepearate locked case.
Just another reason I wouldn't live there. Then again I wouldn't live in Calif either. lol

Old 01-13-2015, 04:05 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by speakerfritz
Im in jeresy and its the same way,gun unloaded locked in a case with the ammo in a seperate case LOCKED if i have my pistols wether revolver or semi auto they must be unloaded and have a trigger lock PLUS they must be in a locked case. My semi auto clips are not allowed to be loaded they must be empty and in a case by themselves away from the pistol and ammo cases....... So when i go to the range i walk in with FOUR CASES! One for the revolver one for the semi one for the ammo and one for the clips for the semi LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL MAN i cant wait for the day i finally get to leave nj and move somewhere else

iPhone from IB AutoGroup

Old 01-13-2015, 04:13 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
O and Nj stopped selling BB guns over ten years ago. I can buy BB ammo at the stores but not the BB guns....... Doesn't make sense but o well, and don't get caught with a BB gun unless you have the correct identification.... My little cousin (14) was at the state woods about three hundred yards from his house with hiss BB gun in a soft zipper case walking back home from shooting some targets. Cop just happened to drive by pulled over made him get face down on the road and throw the gun case away from him. Cop unholstered his weapon and proceeded to make my underage cousin lay in the street. Cop opened case seen what it was and brought my cousin home where the local game warden was waiting and gave my uncle a ticket for letting a person use his gun who didn't have a firearms ID card..... Long story short after a few court dates and a good lawyer my uncle had everything throw out

iPhone from IB AutoGroup

Old 01-14-2015, 07:24 AM
purplewg
Laughing Gas
Does NJ have any kind of concealed carry permits? The citizens here would be up in arms (no pun intended) if our second amendment rights we being policed like that. Sounds like you guys need to kick some politicians out of office and start over.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:23 AM
truckfella
Elder User
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperDutyScaler
O and Nj stopped selling BB guns over ten years ago. I can buy BB ammo at the stores but not the BB guns....... Doesn't make sense but o well, and don't get caught with a BB gun unless you have the correct identification.... My little cousin (14) was at the state woods about three hundred yards from his house with hiss BB gun in a soft zipper case walking back home from shooting some targets. Cop just happened to drive by pulled over made him get face down on the road and throw the gun case away from him. Cop unholstered his weapon and proceeded to make my underage cousin lay in the street. Cop opened case seen what it was and brought my cousin home where the local game warden was waiting and gave my uncle a ticket for letting a person use his gun who didn't have a firearms ID card..... Long story short after a few court dates and a good lawyer my uncle had everything throw out

iPhone from IB AutoGroup
Geez, I can't imagine living in a place like that. Local LEO's will give a friendly wave to us local hunters if/when they drive by us as we head into the woods for a hunting outing.

I'm really interested to see some pics of the overhead rack if anyone has some handy.

Old 01-15-2015, 10:04 AM
phillips91
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
That is one thing I love about Virginia. Open carry state for everything except fully automatics.

Quick Reply: Overhead gun rack