1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Overhead gun rack

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 11:24 AM
The John
Senior User
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by CJ2003F250SD
I am not a gun nut of any sort but I really wish I lived some place where a post about a gun rack wasn't 1 out of a 1000 . I would love to be able to hang my 30:06 and 12 ga from my truck and hunt legally and not feel like some terrorist ......
Originally Posted by purplewg
That is the good thing about the overhead rack. I had a deputy talking to me one day at the window of my truck. He didn't even notice the AR hanging above my head. Thieves don't notice them up there either. They look at the floors and seats for signs of a weapon.
Originally Posted by SuperDutyScaler
Im in jeresy and its the same way,gun unloaded locked in a case with the ammo in a seperate case LOCKED if i have my pistols wether revolver or semi auto they must be unloaded and have a trigger lock PLUS they must be in a locked case. My semi auto clips are not allowed to be loaded they must be empty and in a case by themselves away from the pistol and ammo cases....... So when i go to the range i walk in with FOUR CASES! One for the revolver one for the semi one for the ammo and one for the clips for the semi LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL MAN i cant wait for the day i finally get to leave nj and move somewhere else

iPhone from IB AutoGroup
WOW.... Yall have it rough....

Out here in Oregon, you can conceal carry without a permit (i have one) when hunting or fishing.

I am both a big game hunter and a duck hunter. I have had multiple interactions with local deputy's and state troopers while big game hunting with our side arms in full view (on our body) with no issues or even a second glance. The state troopers here are used to dealing with guys with guns, and I would assume 99% of them are on the level good guys.

Oregon's only rule regarding long guns/shot guns is that the gun cannot be loaded when in a vehicle (mostly to prevent road hunting).

People in the eastern and central part of Oregon are great and used to people with guns, its mostly people around Portland, OR that go nuts if they even hear the word. The largest landowner in the state of Oregon is the public... so there are a lot of hunting fishing opportunities (Oregon is comprised of 56% public land).

I wouldnt leave a gun in plain view regardless of where I am as it only takes a few seconds to steal a gun.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:54 AM
purplewg
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I finally got around to making my brackets. No screw in the cab. The brackets mount to the top factory door latches.

While I was doing this I added my other one too.

Old 03-30-2015, 07:54 AM
JM96F250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need to come up with a better place for my XD9. I too have an AG holster, but I wear it.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:47 PM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by The John
I wouldnt leave a gun in plain view regardless of where I am as it only takes a few seconds to steal a gun.
And a SD can be broken into with a screwdriver in a matter of seconds, Jimmy Jammers or not. I use a professional grade toolbox in lieu of a gun rack

Old 03-30-2015, 06:31 PM
Quad Racer
Cargo Master
Received 135 Likes on 103 Posts
I like that purplewg. Looks like a nice and clean outfit. Thanks for doing your part to make our society a safer place.

I don't know how folks live where society is afraid of legal citizens owning/wearing firearms and think only the gubment should have them. People need to realize they're responsible for their own safety, not the police and uncle sam.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:51 AM
ligito
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by speakerfritz
in NYC you can not own an airsoft gun (shoots plastic BB's) which a 12 year old can buy in any state. weapons have to be in a locked case, unloaded, in the trunk or not in the passenger area, bullets in a sepearate locked case.
You have my sympathy.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:59 AM
The John
Senior User
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I finally got around to making my brackets. No screw in the cab. The brackets mount to the top factory door latches.

I like how both turned out... I would put a holster under the column on mine, but I am usually either carrying it on my hip (or chest with a HPG rig) or its in the door waiting to be carried in the above.

Old 03-31-2015, 12:16 PM
purplewg
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by The John
I like how both turned out... I would put a holster under the column on mine, but I am usually either carrying it on my hip (or chest with a HPG rig) or its in the door waiting to be carried in the above.

In my 2004 SD the door pockets were perfect but this 2015 has short, no so deep pockets. Console takes too long to get in to. There "might" be a couple others lurking in there also.

I plan to put a holster in the same place in my 2000SD. It is just nice to know exactly where it is at all times.

Carry is done in a BlackHills shoulder holster (winter), middle of the back summer.