North Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:Benztechnc

Fall 2014 General BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 12:13 PM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fall 2014 General BS Thread

Someone at work said today is the first day of fall. Well what do you know, it is indeed. Feels like it too.

Not had a moment to spare. Haven't even been able to bow hunt yet.

Our good friend Lee's wife is not doing well at all. They are doing everything they can to keep her comfortable in her last days. If you have a good thought or prayer to send their way it would be much appreciated.
Also, Kim's uncle is on his way out as well. At duke now waiting for the end. Bummer all around.

Hope things are going well for everyone.

Old 09-24-2014, 07:59 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
We keep working in the house here in Apex to get things situated, and almost finished with the house in Durham, and will hand the keys over this next week.
Trying to find out if I need to show up for Jury Duty this next week for Durham County since we're not living there any longer.
Tuesday Shari and celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary.
And I turn 51 today.
Lee's wife, and Kim's uncle are in our thoughts n prayers.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:55 AM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Congrats on your anniversary and happy birthday.

Ever get your tool box moved?

Kim's uncle passed away night before last. Lee's wife is holding on but they are keeping her as comfortable as possible.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:41 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Sorry to hear about Kim's uncle. I hope Lee is holding up well.
Tim and I removed all of the drawers from the box and were able to get it out of the grass and on the brick walk way, that's better than it just sinking more.
Busy this weekend with getting Tim's project car here and cleaning the garage at the house in Durham. Hope to have the carpets cleaned the same day, then mow and trim, and be finished over there once and for all.

Old 09-26-2014, 06:25 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear of Kim's uncle, and thought and prays to lee's wife.

Got a race this weekend, been looking at some stuff for the bike, bout to buy a sissy bar/backrest for the wife. Also a set of saddle bags, maybe a windshield and some leather since I plan on riding the bike to work threw the winter some. I did order me a new skull cap this week though. Since my old one was 8 years old. Also planning on going to get my permit again since I let it go a couple years back.

Old 09-28-2014, 02:10 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Good afternoon North Carolina folks...may your day be filled with Fords and football!!

Old 09-28-2014, 09:03 PM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Two funerals in one weekend is no way to spend a weekend I'll tell you what.

Glad you got the toolbox moved Bob. Hope you're enjoying the new place.

Larry, have fun outfitting the new bike.

Y'all have a good week.

Old 09-29-2014, 06:02 AM
77mud
Lead Driver
Sorry to hear that James, thoughts and prayers are with you and family.

Sold my little Kia this weekend.... well sorta guy gave me $200 to hold it and is bringing the rest tonight and picking up the car. Worked out good picking up the bike because the car was starting to have a lot of issues. Needed new wheel bearing possibly 2 needed new tires and a MAF sensor all by end of the month for inspection. That would of killed all fuel savings for the next 3 months.

Sissy bar, saddle bags and my new brain bucket should be here this week. Wife's new 3/4 face will be here hopefully next week.

Old 09-29-2014, 01:29 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by ncheavymetal
Two funerals in one weekend is no way to spend a weekend I'll tell you what.
Did Lee's wife pass too?

Thoughts n prayers for you all.

Old 09-29-2014, 01:48 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Well we have officially finish the house in Durham this last Saturday. It's empty, cleaned, mowed, trimmed etc and hope to get some decent deposit money back in the next month.
I had Jury Duty this morning in Durham (Didn't get my paperwork done in time from the move to Wake County) and realized while I was in line that I didn't pick up my wallet. No I.D. no Jury Duty. The lady (using that term loosely) that checked me in asked how I got there and I didn't have my wallet. I told her "The truck run's if I have it with me or not", she wasn't amused.

Hope y'all have a good week

Old 09-29-2014, 02:31 PM
ncheavymetal
Postmaster
Yes, Unfortunately. Kevin was Kim's uncle. And Angela was Lee's wife. Our fifth funeral in the last 16 months. Not cool.

I see what you did there Bob. You "accidentally" left your wallet at home. Nice work.

Hope the guy pays you the balance Larry. Sounds like it was time to unload that kia anyway.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:09 PM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Sorry to hear about Kevin and Angela.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:38 PM
77mud
Lead Driver
Nice work Bob!

Had a successful, yet expensive day. Started off getting my truck inspected then to morehead took test for my permit passed that, then to license plate agency and got tags renewed on the truck. Back home hopped on the bike and took the "scenic route" to get it inspected. Put about 45 miles on it when I could of done it in 20 or less but who is counting right? Anyways it passes so gonna hopefully get it tagged after work tomorrow so I can put some legal miles on it!

Old 09-30-2014, 06:58 AM
wp120470
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just checked in and read the bad news. James, Soory to hear about Kim's loss. Also if you talk to Lee give him my sincere condolances. Sorry to hear about their losses and hope they find peace with the loss. I checked in because of its the end of the month and I didn't hear anything about a meal. I hope everyone is doing great and all is well for everybody.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:35 AM
fuzzy1626
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Good to hear you made it back from the mountain. Had brisket in Wilks, coming back from Virginia Thursday.

Quick Reply: Fall 2014 General BS Thread