1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Quick Flip 52' F-1

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 05:11 PM
mkassab
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by raytasch
Most of us on here are not truck "flippers" but hobbyists. We hang out here to learn, to help, and to socialize.

What the heck does this mean? I also hang out here to "learn", to help and to socialize!!! You'll note in my initial post I said "Many of you asked I post the finished truck.... Well, here it is." Background, when I picked this truck up, I was trying to "learn" and asked a lot of questions and input for what changes I should do to the truck.... That's when I got requests to post pictures of what I did. By me flipping this truck, a person that could never do this type of work now owns and drives a truck that otherwise was not drivable..... ! I helped put a classic back on the road. The truck will be driven is this years Cruisin the Coast along the Mississippi coast the 2nd week of Oct. It's a huge event where thousands of old cars and trucks show up each year... link for more info: Cruisin' The Coast

I also started a new thread, Mark's 52' F1 RestoMod Build.... it's my person truck I'll use as a daily driver.... I seek comments and feedback to "learn" and to "pay back" to others that may learn and get ideas from what I'm doing.

Mark

Old 09-23-2014, 05:26 PM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 760 Likes on 542 Posts
Well, I'll give you no grief for putting in work & getting cash out, regardless of what its called. Shoot one of the chapter members might have taken it off your hands had he known.

Stop by the chapter & visit our Crusin The Coast thread. We'll be there & glad to have you no matter what you're driving.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:17 PM
Rimrock F1
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by mkassab
What the heck does this mean? I also hang out here to "learn", to help and to socialize!!! You'll note in my initial post I said "Many of you asked I post the finished truck.... Well, here it is." Background, when I picked this truck up, I was trying to "learn" and asked a lot of questions and input for what changes I should do to the truck.... That's when I got requests to post pictures of what I did. By me flipping this truck, a person that could never do this type of work now owns and drives a truck that otherwise was not drivable..... ! I helped put a classic back on the road. The truck will be driven is this years Cruisin the Coast along the Mississippi coast the 2nd week of Oct. It's a huge event where thousands of old cars and trucks show up each year... link for more info: Cruisin' The Coast

I also started a new thread, Mark's 52' F1 RestoMod Build.... it's my person truck I'll use as a daily driver.... I seek comments and feedback to "learn" and to "pay back" to others that may learn and get ideas from what I'm doing.

Mark
I don't care how trucks get saved as long as they do. I work only on my own stuff and that of friends but.... If I had the space I would consider buying older vehicles, get them on the road again then sell them so I could put more money in my personal project kitty.

I think maybe the term "flipping" hit a nerve.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:24 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by Rimrock F1
I don't care how trucks get saved as long as they do. I work only on my own stuff and that of friends but.... If I had the space I would consider buying older vehicles, get them on the road again then sell them so I could put more money in my personal project kitty.

I think maybe the term "flipping" hit a nerve.
My signature says it all, at least for me it does.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:42 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
I think it's great that you got this thing back on the road and made a couple bucks. Last time I looked, this was still America, the land of opportunity.I 'flip' one about every 2-3 years on an average. I always seem to have about 4 or 5 at once and the one I'm working on I swear I will never sell because it is so 'special' to me and the one I've always wanted. Then it's tax time or a slump in the economy or another of my 4 kids hits college age or I get bored with one or I see something amazing on craigslist and it's the particular one 'I always wanted'. My signature is sort of a joke. I sold the gmc, the toyota and not sure what else. I think I've bought 4 new ones since I set the signature up. A friend calls my place the 'Catch and Release Garage'. I only restore trucks because I love it. I can make more money doing woodwork on high end summer homes for the microsoft crowd, which is my day job. Funny thing, they love my faded old trucks and once they move here they need something to drive to the dump and pick up trees at the farm and garden store.......Just some affirmation from a fellow ford friend and kindred spirit.

Old 09-24-2014, 04:52 AM
mkassab
Mountain Pass
Thanks GB.....
Mark

PS: bet your land cruiser is sweet!

Old 09-24-2014, 09:53 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
To be more concise, it WAS sweet. Case in point.... Had a landcruiser pickup years ago, had to sell it to keep my property after divorce in '99. In 2006 bought another, a '65 complete 'roller' from AZ for 3 grand, 900 to ship. Bought a rusty '76 common short fj 40 cruiser for a grand locally and swapped in it's more modern drivetrain. Painted it with flat rustoleum mix with a 30 dollar spray gun. Flash forward to last spring trying to get rid of credit card debt my business racked up in housing recession. Something had to go, and not my fords. Put it on a cruiser site and sold it for 20 grand in 3 hours. No more debt. New owner paid for a frame off and last seen on ebay with a 55,000 reserve. It got to 33,000. I like to think it's a hobby with benefits (if I need them).

Attached Images  
Old 09-24-2014, 10:03 AM
mkassab
Mountain Pass
Just "do it"

GB.... A man has to do what a man needs to do.