6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Tangled with a semi....now need to replace my 2011

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 11:15 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
First health is most important, glad it was only a few stitches and no one was seriously hurt. Obviously get checked out... I am sure you know to go through your insurance company as well. Don't know about Washington state, but I am sure they have some sort of timely notification law as well. (most states do, because it protects the insurance company)

Considering 2011's are still selling in the high $30k to $40k range, unless there is more damage than I can see, it might be getting fixed. Unless the structural integrity of the vehicle has been breached, like the front firewall. My wife got hit head on by a drunk, high, and speeding motorcycle. Since the motorcycle breahed the firewall the car was totaled. Even though it could have been "fixed" with 75% of the value of the vehicle.

Of course, I would be trading it in... Might even trade it in as is and take the insurance money plus what the dealer would give me and then drive off with a 2015 (or 2014).

I'd lean towards the 15s - they made enough changes to them that I would want one over a 14, unless there was some outstanding deal on a 2014. But I am also the person that tends to get the latest year vehicle possible.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:31 PM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Whoa! Glad you are alright and alive! Wow. I've seen some bad accidents in my time and you are lucky my friend. Reps sent for defeating the odds.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:04 AM
capt caper
Fleet Mechanic
Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts
I guess there might be more incentives on a 14 but I'd go with a 15 from the upgrades I've read about.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:07 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,414 Likes on 1,009 Posts
Originally Posted by dualwheels66
I believe in '13 the rotors were increased in diameter, so that also carries over into the '15's. There were the usual minor changes in model years like packaging changes, paint colors etc...

They did increase the rotor size, there was some work on the frame for the DRW to allow more towing as well.

But the '15's have even more goodies.

Old 09-22-2014, 06:44 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Wow...really glad to hear that everyone is okay. Thanks for posting the pics, it's good to see that your truck held up as well as it did.

Definitely go for the '15 for the reasons stated above.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:32 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 277 Likes on 140 Posts
Glad you, the wife and dogs are ok! Scary pictures btw....

As far as getting a fair deal on your truck, something as simple as making sure they have the proper equipment listed on their report makes all the difference. One of my friends got rear ended and the insurance wanted to total her Subaru. Going over the report with her, they were missing alot of options she actually had.

Once we had them add up the options they were missing, her car fell well within the fixable arena and she still has it, along with a BMW she bought.

Something else is to find trucks that are very similar in miles and options to your truck, save the ad's, and appeal your case. My neighbor went through this when he rolled his 2000 F250. The insurance low balled him and he got a much fairer price that allowed him to replace the truck with a 2004 F250.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:10 AM
W7PSK
Tuned
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Thank goodness your ok. Route 2 is the worst for accidents. I went from Everett to Leavenworth this weekend with the 5th and came across several accidents both ways. Im glad the Superduty protected you.

I would think the Trucking Company insurance would take care of you. Might speak to an attorney just in case.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:31 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,414 Likes on 1,009 Posts
With those pictures...did you break your arm. I'll bet there were at least some stitches at least.

Glad you were all ok.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:39 AM
Dr. T
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by senix
With those pictures...did you break your arm. I'll bet there were at least some stitches at least.

Glad you were all ok.
Stitches in my upper arm, the airbags did a great job.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:02 PM
FORDTUF1
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Praise God and looks like a FANTASTIC JOB of "offensive" driving!!! I am pounding this into my kids heads everytime we drive (son is 18 daughter about to be 16), you have got to watch out for what may happen!

I'll be showing them this when I get home this evening, great great piece of driving Dr. T!! There can be no dount about it, you saved your wife and your lives ... along with the 2 "kids" with 4 legs. I think you are a hero in my book and I'll bet your wife says the same thing.

If they give you any trouble at all make a very quick visit to a lawyer's office. As for replacing the truck, if you don't need 40-50 more horsepower there is no reason to get anything newer than a 2013. The 2011 and 2012 had issues/bugs but the 13 is apparently worked all out. If new the 14 is perfectly fina as well.

Old 09-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Dr. T
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by FORDTUF1
Praise God and looks like a FANTASTIC JOB of "offensive" driving!!! I am pounding this into my kids heads everytime we drive (son is 18 daughter about to be 16), you have got to watch out for what may happen!

I'll be showing them this when I get home this evening, great great piece of driving Dr. T!! There can be no dount about it, you saved your wife and your lives ... along with the 2 "kids" with 4 legs. I think you are a hero in my book and I'll bet your wife says the same thing.

If they give you any trouble at all make a very quick visit to a lawyer's office. As for replacing the truck, if you don't need 40-50 more horsepower there is no reason to get anything newer than a 2013. The 2011 and 2012 had issues/bugs but the 13 is apparently worked all out. If new the 14 is perfectly fina as well.
Thank you. It's the same with our kids (we have 6). "Keep your eyes up and looking way ahead" Some time spent on the track with a performance driving instructor must have helped In the end though.......God's hand protected us!

Old 09-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
boy that musta been nerve racking! glad you made it another day!

is that a piece of ear?

Attached Images  
Old 09-22-2014, 01:18 PM
Dr. T
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by Skip1970
boy that musta been nerve racking! glad you made it another day!

is that a piece of ear?
No, thankfully all parts are still attached

Old 09-22-2014, 03:37 PM
BIGTRUCKBIGRV
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow. Very glad you and your wife and dogs made it through relatively unscathed.

Good luck picking a Lawyer....they'll all want a piece of this..

also, tell us what it's like being a Millionaire after the settlement from the trucking company.

Old 09-22-2014, 05:39 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Originally Posted by IronCobra
Good luck picking a Lawyer....they'll all want a piece of this..

also, tell us what it's like being a Millionaire after the settlement from the trucking company.
And we all wonder why everything costs so much nowadays. Like someone deserves to get rich on someone else's back because they were involved in an accident.

Quick Reply: Tangled with a semi....now need to replace my 2011