Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Console Vault Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 11:08 PM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Received 199 Likes on 108 Posts
Console Vault Group Buy

I contacted Console Vault and they have a quantity purchase discount program. Please let me know if you are interested. I dont have specific numbers yet, units purchased/amount of discount, but I figure if we can get them a number, they will be open to giving me a price.

Remember, this is not just for guns, its just a general lockbox/safe for your truck. I plan on keeping my wallet and phone in it when I play hockey.

So if you're interested, please post OR PM and I will keep a list. Once we get numbers, I'll post the email reply's from them and we'll set up the order/ship process.

UPDATE: Talked to the CV people. Discounts are as follows:

We need to get 25 people to get a discount. I currently have 15.

The order will be for 2000-2005 Excursion consoles (and similar F series) with key lock. Variations not allowed. I cant quote the price but there is a decent savings.

Last edited by carbon coupe; 09-30-2014 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Edit, new info
Old 09-23-2014, 10:35 AM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Updated info

Old 09-23-2014, 06:46 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Just a note... Installing a safe in a vehicle is illegal in many states, as it is considered a "hidden compartment".

At least, thats how I understood it.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:46 PM
Pikachu
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That would put nearly every beer distributor's truck in the country in violation if that's the case.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:54 PM
SARDiverDan
Cargo Master
Received 415 Likes on 237 Posts
Here is a section of the law in CA for transporting a firearm without a ccw:

If you do not have a concealed carry permit, you can only lawfully transport a concealed handgun in your vehicle if it is (1) unloaded and (2) locked in the vehicle’s trunk, or in a separate locked container other than the utility or glove compartment.

What causes issues is when a consent for search is given and then the grey area of search warrants and locked boxes comes up.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:08 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Pikachu
That would put nearly every beer distributor's truck in the country in violation if that's the case.
Funny you should mention that.

What I'm referencing was from a podcast on smuggling. They said most states outlaw adding hidden compartments, which is true, I checked just now.

But as for what falls under the law I'm not sure. They mentioned safes but I'm sure it varies by state.

I don't think simply having a locking compartment would be illegal, but a hidden one, I could see being illegal; not that I agree with it.

Originally Posted by SARDiverDan

If you do not have a concealed carry permit, you can only lawfully transport a concealed handgun in your vehicle if it is (1) unloaded and (2) locked in the vehicle’s trunk, or in a separate locked container other than the utility or glove compartment.

What causes issues is when a consent for search is given and then the grey area of search warrants and locked boxes comes up.
I wonder if that means you can have a gun I'm the cab with a CCW. I plan on getting my CCW soon and was curious. I have a friend who knows gun laws well. I'll have to ask. I thought loaded guns in the passenger compartment was a no no.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Pikachu
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hell, in Texas the Castle Doctrine extends to your vehicle as long as it's occupied. No need to unload or lock up a firearm in your vehicle, carry permit or not. IIRC, it does need to be concealed though.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:55 PM
nlemerise
Logistics Pro
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Pikachu
Hell, in Texas the Castle Doctrine extends to your vehicle as long as it's occupied. No need to unload or lock up a firearm in your vehicle, carry permit or not. IIRC, it does need to be concealed though.
Same applied in New Mexico...your vehicle is an extension of your home. Any legal thing you have in your house can be in your car. I use to carry my 9mm auto on the seat next to me. Of course I lived only 30 miles from the border. No concealment required...immediate notification to a peace officer w/o being asked.

Old 09-23-2014, 09:00 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Unfortunately, it sounds like the extra shipping would likely negate any discount we might get from a group buy unless you could convince Clay to get involved and somehow sweeten the pot.

Originally Posted by SARDiverDan

If you do not have a concealed carry permit, you can only lawfully transport a concealed handgun in your vehicle if it is (1) unloaded and (2) locked in the vehicle’s trunk, or in a separate locked container other than the utility or glove compartment..
Wow, that's almost the same law we have here in Texas except ours reads you can carry a gun in your car as long as you (1) are not a member of a street gang and (2) are not engaged in the commission of a crime greater than a Class C misdemeanor and even (3) are legally allowed to posses a firearm.

I guess we all have to deal with our laws.

Old 09-23-2014, 10:25 PM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
How many are interested so far? You could ship them out here and I could distribute them if you want.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:44 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by A/Ox4
I wonder if that means you can have a gun I'm the cab with a CCW. I plan on getting my CCW soon and was curious. I have a friend who knows gun laws well. I'll have to ask. I thought loaded guns in the passenger compartment was a no no.
Unless things have changed since 2000, having a Concealed Weapons Permit allows exactly that. It allows a person to carry a loaded handgun on their person in a concealed manner, which includes in their vehicle.

Stewart

Old 09-24-2014, 04:33 AM
River19
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have some of the most restrictive laws here in the People's Republic of Massachusetts.....and with my LTC (License to Carry) in the vehicle a loaded handgun would have to be directly in my control on my person basically....

I'm not sure about the laws on "hidden" compartments, I assume any locked compartment that is visible is very legal otherwise every contractor rig would be in violation.....

Most of the time when I have guns in my rigs they are shotguns during hunting season vs. my handguns......

Old 09-24-2014, 08:46 AM
carbon coupe
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Riffraff Performance
How many are interested so far? You could ship them out here and I could distribute them if you want.
I have 11 right now, including myself.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:08 AM
SARDiverDan
Cargo Master
Received 415 Likes on 237 Posts
If you have a CCW its not an issue to have a loaded/concealed firearm in the cab on your person or under your direct control. I have had a CA CCW for almost 20 years now and its not an issue. I have thought about taking out my middle seat and getting the large center console with the deep storage space but have never gotten around to it yet. As I am the only one in the truck 99 percent of the time, I don't really need the center seat section.

Old 09-24-2014, 10:44 AM
clem1226
Postmaster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I believe in some (dare I say most) states that have "concealed compartment" laws it is an "add on" charge. IE, you get caught doing something illegal they add on the charge for the concealed compartment you are carrying the illegal whatever in.

Of course I am not an attorney or a LEO so take anything I say regarding "law" as my opinion ......which is all that it is.

Quick Reply: Console Vault Group Buy