Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Modded Suspensions Call - Request your measurents

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2014, 03:34 AM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation

Stewart posted in another thread on the ideal way to measure your suspension so that we can all have repeatable, quantifiable results. That way your tire size is not a factor

Step 1: Park on level ground
Step 2: Measure from the center of the hub to the fender
Step 3: Post the #'s and a short description of your lift/modded setup.

I'm trying to help narrow down the gains that people are seeing with the various setups. Maybe it'll help others

thanks

edit: btw, for anyone who still has a bone stock 4x4, can you through up your measurements?
Old 09-19-2014, 03:36 AM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation
I'll start

26" on all 4 corners as measured from center of hub to fender lip

Front: 2" lift shackles, with 1 AAL inserted into factory front leafs (I think it's 3" total lift)
Rear: "F" codes from a 2005/2006 F-250, 1 AAL from the factory "G" codes inserted into the "F" codes. gave me about 2" lift
Old 09-19-2014, 06:08 AM
Wiser by FTE

Curt's05 has much to be proud ofCurt's05 has much to be proud ofCurt's05 has much to be proud ofCurt's05 has much to be proud ofCurt's05 has much to be proud ofCurt's05 has much to be proud ofCurt's05 has much to be proud ofCurt's05 has much to be proud of
24" front & 24 1/2" rear, v code in front & ras in rear...
05 eb 6.0 psd, edge insight, coolant filter, 4" ss exhaust, egr delete, studs, sct & matt's custom tunes, road master as, v code front springs, rs9000's, 2.2 k inverter, frozen rotors/hawk pads, alpine amp/ 2 10" sub, 27 watt! led back-ups, led interior lights, rear view camera mirror, power-max turbo, harley headlights, hood liner,jimmi jammers, eds ficm atlas 40, F650 lower dash, blue spring, true-trac, 250 amp alt, high idle mod, 18" king ranch rims, 2008 oem super duty PPPower mirrors...
Old 09-19-2014, 10:47 AM
Posting Guru

USCG_PA has a brilliant futureUSCG_PA has a brilliant futureUSCG_PA has a brilliant futureUSCG_PA has a brilliant futureUSCG_PA has a brilliant futureUSCG_PA has a brilliant futureUSCG_PA has a brilliant futureUSCG_PA has a brilliant futureUSCG_PA has a brilliant futureUSCG_PA has a brilliant futureUSCG_PA has a brilliant future
So, with my 4" all spring BDS lift, I am getting 27" in the front and 28" in the rear.

Hope this helps!
David M. - 4” BDS lift & dual steering stabilizers - 35” tires on 18” wheels - HNCUSA.Com "MKS" bumper & Winch - Mag-Hytec diff covers & trans pan - aFe CAI & Blade Runner intake horn - MBRP 4” exhaust - Bulletproof Diesel EGR & oil cooler by pass w/ HD cooler & cold weather package - River City Diesel coolant filtration kit - Mishimoto turbo pipes - Driven Diesel regulated fuel return - ARP head studs - Atlas 40 FICM Program - SCT Power Programmer - 7 Recon LED Cab Lights -
Old 09-19-2014, 11:15 AM
Post Fiend

EXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputationEXv10 has a superb reputation
If you want to level your truck and know comparatively to other trucks how high it is measure from the ground to the well, it is the easiest and best way. Mine is 39" all around
Old 09-19-2014, 11:55 AM
FTEFCM 7

mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Talking

Using the Stewart_H Moderator approved method

24.5" front 25.5" rear

ATS Springs
Mark aka FTEMaB #7

"The first casualty in any war...the truth."

(Rudolph)
http://vimeo.com/user25371657
Old 09-19-2014, 02:42 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXv10 View Post
If you want to level your truck and know comparatively to other trucks how high it is measure from the ground to the well, it is the easiest and best way. Mine is 39" all around
This is not what was requested and it is not the best way. If you don't want to participate, then don't. ONLY WARNING.

Tor already cleaned up some stuff in this thread but I'm gonna take it a step farther, don't poop on the thread with what YOU want. Either post what the OP has asked for, with the way he's asked for the measurement, or don't post.

Tylus, this thread is genius bud. I'm gonna go out and measure mine now, keeping in mind my mods were done back in '06.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 09-19-2014, 02:52 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylus View Post
5 star rating on the thread bud! Will add it to the tech folder later too.

My measurements are:

Front (L): 23.75"
Front (R): 23.75"
Rear (L): 25.75"
Rear (R): 26"

I put new V code and new B code springs on (bought from Ford) back in '06, along with new Bilstein shocks and a 3.5" tapered F250 block in the rear.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 09-19-2014, 07:15 PM
World Famous

WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
LF = 26 3/4"
RF = 26 1/4"
LR = 28 1/2"
RR = 28 1/2"

'05 V-10 4X4
Did a modded X/B swap at 72k miles, springs were 20k take-offs, EX is now at 101k miles.

Front X code mod was to add the top overload leaf from the rear B codes to the bottom of the X pack.
Rear B code mod was the common addition of the EX's two bottom leaves and thicker between leaf spacers along with the 3.75" tapered F-350 blocks. I also cut up the old slapper style traction bar and added two sections of it to each side between the bottom B plate/leaf and the new taller blocks.

With these springs and additional goodies and Nitto Dura Grapplers in 305/70R18 on '04 SD Lariat rims the ground to wheel well lip measurements are;
LF = 43 1/2"
RF = 43 1/4"
LR = 45 3/4"
RR = 45 1/2"
Tylus, I know you didn't ask for the second set of numbers but I threw them out just in case someone may be looking for more info on a finished setup too.
I think this a great thread that will help a lot of folks looking to rework their suspensions.

Tom 2005 Excursion XLT V-10 4X4, '04 SD 18"s, Modded X/B's, 35" Nittos, 4.88s.
'08 Mirrors, Hellwig, Ultra-Gauge, Banks Headers, 5 Star Tunes, GlowShifts, Ranchos.
ASPEN GREEN (Jolly Green Giant) Grey Cloth Interior, WeatherTech Mats.
'89 SeaRay 220CC 325HP Mercruiser Alpha, Full Camper Canvas, 11' Achilles 8HP Merc.
'14 Jayco Eagle Premier 338RETS TT, Hensley Arrow, Prodigy P3, TST 507RV TPMS, 61'.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:54 PM
Elder User

jamesbfishin has a great reputation on FTE.jamesbfishin has a great reputation on FTE.jamesbfishin has a great reputation on FTE.jamesbfishin has a great reputation on FTE.jamesbfishin has a great reputation on FTE.
On the most level ground possible, and the most accurate way to measure a lifts actual changes, eliminating variables like tire size

26 3/4" on all 4 corners from hub center to fender

Typical modded B's in rear

Modded X codes up front like Toms Jolly Green Giant
Old 09-19-2014, 09:43 PM
New User

Telsmith is starting off with a positive reputation.
I measured 25" on the front. 26.5" on the rear.
V codes with dual bilsteins up front, modded B codes on rear also with bilsteins. All parts were brand new via CT Performance, and have been running them for 1 month now. Stock Ex block on rear. 05 V10 4x4

Last edited by Telsmith; 09-19-2014 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Adding info
Old 09-20-2014, 03:46 AM
MMNC (SS)

interesting numbers guys

hopefully this will help guys clear up how much lift they'll get with "X" + "Y" = "Z" combo for whatever end result they're trying to achieve

edit: btw Tom, when are you ever going to update your sig pic with the new 35's? those 285's look a little dinky
Old 09-20-2014, 05:50 AM
World Famous

WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
Quote:
edit: btw Tom, when are you ever going to update your sig pic with the new 35's? those 285's look a little dinky
That situation pretty much sums up just how busy (or is that lazy? ) I am.

I actually shot a bunch of pics while on vacation of it, just haven't gotten around to sorting through them yet. LAZY!

Tom 2005 Excursion XLT V-10 4X4, '04 SD 18"s, Modded X/B's, 35" Nittos, 4.88s.
'08 Mirrors, Hellwig, Ultra-Gauge, Banks Headers, 5 Star Tunes, GlowShifts, Ranchos.
ASPEN GREEN (Jolly Green Giant) Grey Cloth Interior, WeatherTech Mats.
'89 SeaRay 220CC 325HP Mercruiser Alpha, Full Camper Canvas, 11' Achilles 8HP Merc.
'14 Jayco Eagle Premier 338RETS TT, Hensley Arrow, Prodigy P3, TST 507RV TPMS, 61'.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:43 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

Stewart
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 09-22-2014, 08:23 PM
Senior User

Captn B is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
btw, for anyone who still has a bone stock 4x4, can you through up your measurements?
I just bought the truck a few weeks ago and as far as I can tell, its a bone stock 4x4. 2004 Eddie Bauer with a 6.0 PSD.

Front: 22 1/2"
Back: 23 1/2"

Hope that helps.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:23 PM