Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MOOSE_MACHINE
Idk. It was funny to me.
I thought it was hysterical! But I laugh at my own jokes a lot too

Old 10-20-2014, 08:49 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 387 Likes on 264 Posts
It was..just have to rib him some since he comes to town and doesn't even call..

Old 10-20-2014, 10:37 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by El Camino Man
So your going to have a trans-plant?
Ah JP, just call me a tranny lover...what?

Old 10-20-2014, 10:42 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by El Camino Man
So your going to have a trans-plant?
Originally Posted by fordman67
You are a funny funny guy....not! Lol
LOL!! That's funny right there.

Originally Posted by BBslider001
Ah JP, just call me a tranny lover...what?
..........You better hurry up and get out of California!

Old 10-20-2014, 11:42 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
If its true, CA is the place to be, right Byron? LOL

Old 10-20-2014, 11:46 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by oldbird1965
If its true, CA is the place to be, right Byron? LOL
It's the place to be for mid drift shirts and shorty shorts!! LOL I am right at home

Old 10-21-2014, 08:30 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Well dudes, this is kinda crazy, but....I started wondering about the oil and then got a suggestion form Travis to change the oil. The reason for this is that this problem did not start until I switched form Rotella over to Motorcraft Diesel Oil. I did a change this morning and as soon as the oil circulated through the system on start-up, I could tell it was different truck. It idled without a change in cadence and that was different. I drove it about 50 miles today and had NO missing issues and the acceleration was smooth all the way through. I went back to Rotella, which it was what it has been on since I have owned it. NO, this is not a "this oil is better than that oil", but for me, it seems the Rotella is what he likes. Being that our entire fuel systems are driven by oil, this could make sense. Bottom line, it feels like it used to, so we'll see. just wanted to give an update. I am still going to change injectors in Jan or so, but this will help for our trip. I really hope its happier at this point.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:05 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tyler and I have experienced the same thing. We both ran Rotella, switched to Motorcraft, and we both think they run better on Rotella.....

Old 10-21-2014, 10:19 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ReBilld
Tyler and I have experienced the same thing. We both ran Rotella, switched to Motorcraft, and we both think they run better on Rotella.....
Personally, I think y'all are all crazy, even though I am the one who told Byron to change his oil before getting too worried about the truck. Both my trucks love Motorcraft oil. Lol. I may switch to Royal Purple in the SD and see if I can put up with the price tag. I have had friends switch from Delo to Rotella and notice a good difference too. I noticed a good difference in both my trucks on Motorcraft. My OBS went from Delo to Motorcraft and my SD went from Rotella to Motorcraft, then to Castrol diesel oil, then back to Motorcraft. Lol.

Another thing I have noticed on both my trucks when running Motorcraft oil is that the CCV smoke smells like fresh oil. Normally the CCV doesn't smell exactly like your engine oil does, but everytime I've gone back to Motorcraft, the CCV smell changes drastically. It sounds strange, but I notice it. Lol

Old 10-21-2014, 10:33 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 387 Likes on 264 Posts
That's great news! I'm honestly thinking about changing what I use also.
I'm actually due for a change by miles for once lol

Old 10-21-2014, 11:13 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
I always knew Travis was Royalty! Now its confirmed! LOL

Old 10-22-2014, 06:40 AM
El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put Mobil 1 Delovac in mine. That's what the PO used so that's what I used lol

Old 10-22-2014, 06:44 AM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would have liked to see an oil analysis done on Byron's to see if the problem can be seen, but the most important thing is he's running normal again.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:19 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by ReBilld
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch
Personally, I think y'all are all crazy, even though I am the one who told Byron to change his oil before getting too worried about the truck. Both my trucks love Motorcraft oil. Lol. I may switch to Royal Purple in the SD and see if I can put up with the price tag. I have had friends switch from Delo to Rotella and notice a good difference too. I noticed a good difference in both my trucks on Motorcraft. My OBS went from Delo to Motorcraft and my SD went from Rotella to Motorcraft, then to Castrol diesel oil, then back to Motorcraft. Lol.

Another thing I have noticed on both my trucks when running Motorcraft oil is that the CCV smoke smells like fresh oil. Normally the CCV doesn't smell exactly like your engine oil does, but everytime I've gone back to Motorcraft, the CCV smell changes drastically. It sounds strange, but I notice it. Lol
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch
I would have liked to see an oil analysis done on Byron's to see if the problem can be seen, but the most important thing is he's running normal again.
Truth be told, I never really bought into the "this oil is better than that oil" mentality. I think any 15w-40 diesel oil provides the same protection and any of the big names, including Supertech from Walmart, provide what diesel engines need. I have heard guys says they have taken their diesels to the 500k mark running that oil that everyone says is so terrible. I used to do UOAs on my Dmax running on Mobil 1, Amsoil, Delvac, and Rotella. The numbers were always so close together, it wasn't even really worth talking about. Now I know they all have somewhat different recipes. If you do a virgin oil analysis on Amsoil and one on RP, they are going to be different to a degree. My point is that this is the one time I might..MIGHT...be willing to say that the oil actually made a difference in my application. I have no earthly idea why Ruby seems to like Rotella more than the Motorcraft, but the next week of driving will tell. It was DEFINITELY a different truck after the change back to Rotella. AFAIK, this truck has only had Rotell 15w-40. Maybe the pretty smell and the cleanliness of the Motorcraft freaked it out and is short circuited...LOL Like Travis said though; the improtant thing is it seems to like it much better. I'll certainly let you know if it short lived or solved the problem until the Stage 1s show up!

Glenn, I would love to run Schaeffers. You are not the first one I have heard say that about the shearing. 6.0 guys love that oil for that reason. I just can't afford the 5k oil changes on their prices.

Quick Reply: Missing and Stumbling @ WOT