Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2014, 03:02 PM
New User

bwolgie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile Finally got my hand on an X

Hey guys, I was on the forum a long time ago sold my last f250 7.3 about 8 years ago. But I'm back. I've previously owned 2 broncos, an f150, expedition, f100, a 1997 f350 4dr 4x4 7.3, a 2001 F250 4dr 4x4 7.3, and then I took a wierd detour to a crown vic, explorer, jeep, and gasp a GMC. But I'm back!

I have always wanted an Excursion and the time was ripe to pull the trigger. I am the new proud owner of a 2003 Eddie Bauer 4x4 7.3. yeah that's right one of the last of the 7.3s. She's got 235k but I figure now shes just getting broke in. Next up, LIFT!!!!!! and Tires!

Anyway, I have a ton of questions so I'm excited to be back.Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:19 PM
Senior User

Magnus E has a very good reputation on FTE.Magnus E has a very good reputation on FTE.Magnus E has a very good reputation on FTE.Magnus E has a very good reputation on FTE.
A beauty - nice find!
Old 09-13-2014, 04:39 PM
Postmaster

LivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputationLivingLarge has a superb reputation
Looks great congrats, and welcome back to FTE!
05 LTD 4x4, PSD, ARP, Tuner, Cat Delete, K&N CAI,4" Exhaust w 6" SS Tip, 5" Lift, air bags & RAS, 35's Terra Grapplers on Fuel Wheels, Bilstein 5100's with Dual stabilizers, Twin air, train horn, Amp Research, Rigid Industries, F&R Mag Hytec, Pioneer Nav, 2010 OEM mirrors, DC 320 amp, Blue spring, much more...02 LTD 4X4, V10 Sold
"I bought a 6.0 PSD and I'm not afraid"
Old 09-13-2014, 04:42 PM
FTEFCM 7

mecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputationmecdac has a superb reputation
Congrats on the acquisition.

"Form never follows function; that is the folly and the vanity of theory"

(Rudolph)
http://vimeo.com/user25371657
Old 09-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Elder User

USCG_PA has much to be proud ofUSCG_PA has much to be proud ofUSCG_PA has much to be proud ofUSCG_PA has much to be proud ofUSCG_PA has much to be proud ofUSCG_PA has much to be proud ofUSCG_PA has much to be proud ofUSCG_PA has much to be proud of
Welcome and congrats on a great looking Ex. Its funny, you got one of the last 7.3's, and I got one of the first 6.0's... I guess you could say that 2003 was a conflicted year for Ford.
David M. - 4” BDS lift & dual steering stabilizers - 35” tires on 18” wheels - HNCUSA.Com "MKS" bumper w/ 12k Winch - Mag-Hytec diff covers & trans pan - aFe CAI & Blade Runner intake horn - MBRP 4” exhaust - Bulletproof Diesel EGR & oil cooler by pass w/ HD cooler & cold weather package - River City Diesel coolant filtration kit - Mishimoto turbo pipes - Driven Diesel regulated fuel return - ARP head studs - Atlas 40 FICM Program -
Old 09-14-2014, 07:42 AM
Senior User

EddieEX10 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.EddieEX10 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Welcome back and great looking rig
Old 09-14-2014, 08:05 AM
New User

Cj7clay is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Looks nice, I bought a 2004 Excursion EB 4X4 V10 last month and I am enjoying it!!
Old 09-14-2014, 09:24 PM
New User

Thanks Guys. I'm looking forward to doing some stuff to it.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:59 PM
Freshman User

holeshotwalt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs up

Bitchin' looking rig- I like the red! I got my 03 7.3 last Dec. after looking for a year and a half... had only 85k miles with the original owner. Getting caught up in all the cool things I didn't know I needed/wanted!
Get a rear sway bar if you don't have one already... way less wallow.
Enjoy!
Old 09-15-2014, 04:39 PM
Leadfoot

Krazee Matt is a name known to allKrazee Matt is a name known to allKrazee Matt is a name known to allKrazee Matt is a name known to allKrazee Matt is a name known to allKrazee Matt is a name known to all
Krazee Matt
Looks clean bud, welcome back
FTEMaB #1
Stay Puft: 2001 Excursion 7.3 Lmtd 4x4 / 6637 intake / 4" turbo back, 5" tips / RR FRx, HPX, billet wheel, triple gauge setup / DP F5 / CT VB code, level, Bilsteins / 315/75/16's
Cecelia: 1971 Chevelle / built 357 SBC / built TH400 / 3k Holeshot / 12-bolt, 3.73's, Detroit
Old 09-15-2014, 07:15 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by holeshotwalt View Post
Bitchin' looking rig- I like the red! I got my 03 7.3 last Dec. after looking for a year and a half... had only 85k miles with the original owner. Getting caught up in all the cool things I didn't know I needed/wanted!
Get a rear sway bar if you don't have one already... way less wallow.
Enjoy!
Thanks, 85k miles WOW what a find! yep the rear sway bar is on my wish list. As soon as I add all the other parts I just bought.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:20 PM
New User

Thanks Matt. Well I ordered some goodies for the new truck:

New V code springs, new front sway bar end links, and bushings.
I cheaped out on the back for now and just bought 4" blocks.
The shocks are pretty new skyjackers so I'm gonna leave them on for now.
Also ordered a bunch of little parts for the interior and some touch up paint for chips.
Leather repair kit, and dye/paint.

And today I took the plunge and ordered 4 Cooper Discoverer STTs 35x12.5x18
I am hoping I can shoehorn them in with the minimal 2"+ of lift. If not there are always shackles and bigger blocks. My wife is gonna ***** when she sees I bought new tires! better to ask forgiveness!

And the more I read and dig, the more stuff I think I need!
Old 09-15-2014, 08:17 PM
Posting Guru

fordboy2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Its a disease once you start! Lol

99 f350 CCLB lariat 6.8 4wd No Cat Flow Master Muffler.
Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM
FTE SoCal Chapter LDR

wpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputationwpnaes has a superb reputation
Welcome, nice looking Ex!
2000 Excursion XLT V10 4x4 170K, front V's + 2'' level mini-pack, rear mod'd C's,, 315's, winch bumpers F/R, Viair system, Piaa lighting, Hellwig sent to GermanMike, dual Optimas, oily K&N, RedHeaded, scratchy paint, love taps at each corner.

Join the So Cal chapter here
Old Yesterday, 07:34 AM
Leadfoot

Krazee Matt is a name known to allKrazee Matt is a name known to allKrazee Matt is a name known to allKrazee Matt is a name known to allKrazee Matt is a name known to allKrazee Matt is a name known to all
Krazee Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwolgie View Post
Thanks Matt. Well I ordered some goodies for the new truck:

New V code springs, new front sway bar end links, and bushings.
I cheaped out on the back for now and just bought 4" blocks.
The shocks are pretty new skyjackers so I'm gonna leave them on for now.
Also ordered a bunch of little parts for the interior and some touch up paint for chips.
Leather repair kit, and dye/paint.

And today I took the plunge and ordered 4 Cooper Discoverer STTs 35x12.5x18
I am hoping I can shoehorn them in with the minimal 2"+ of lift. If not there are always shackles and bigger blocks. My wife is gonna ***** when she sees I bought new tires! better to ask forgiveness!

And the more I read and dig, the more stuff I think I need!
Just speaking from my experience, but I don't think 35's will fit on just V codes up front since they only provide 1.75" over stock by themselves. I have 315/75's (34.25" weight on wheels) on mine with V's and a 2" shackle kit up front and they get VERY close to the wheel wells when turning, especially in the back of the well. Granted my wheels don't have much, if any back spacing over stock - bought them off CraigsList so I don't know the specs beyond the rim size.
FTEMaB #1
Stay Puft: 2001 Excursion 7.3 Lmtd 4x4 / 6637 intake / 4" turbo back, 5" tips / RR FRx, HPX, billet wheel, triple gauge setup / DP F5 / CT VB code, level, Bilsteins / 315/75/16's
Cecelia: 1971 Chevelle / built 357 SBC / built TH400 / 3k Holeshot / 12-bolt, 3.73's, Detroit
Old Yesterday, 07:34 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs