1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Mark's 52' F1 RestoMod Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 05:51 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 762 Likes on 373 Posts
Your truck is beautiful, very good work and great videos.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:28 PM
Bluey Zedoff
Laughing Gas
Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts
One of my all-time favourite trucks!

Old 03-12-2015, 01:04 AM
Jasonnoel
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most important part is the cup holder!!!

Old 03-12-2015, 01:06 AM
Jasonnoel
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mkassab
Yesterday was a break from the interior and I started installing the bed wood with the help of my buddy Steve Ortiz. I must admit, it took a lot longer than I thought to install the bed. Hole alignment being the biggest issue and watching you didn't scratch the trucks gloss black paint and the clear on the wood. I wet sanded each piece of wood with 1000 grit and then a DA polish/foam pads with several different polish compounds. The wood is Wormy Maple... so it's very hard and distinctive. It contrasts well with the black paint. I prefitted each peice and drilled holes as need to accept the external polished ss gas tank and associated mounting bolts and gas lines. The clear on the wood is from Bed Wood and Parts... their EZ Seal and Shine kit, Catalyzed clear Acrylic Urethane Finish... here's the link: EZ Seal And Shine Bed Wood Finish Kit 951 Bed Wood and Parts It's not cheap, but well worth it. The wood and polished ss strips came from them as well. They custom cut the wood for the side rails and posts. This shows a close up of the posts. I used ss flush/insert style nuts for the posts. I then sealed the nuts with silicone and the fronts where the bolts will pass through the bed sides through the posts I made rubber washers. So between the front rubber washers and the rear sealed with the silicone, little to no water should get into the drilled hole in the wood. If it does, I also applied sever coats of the urethane with pipe cleaners. I also ran a tap through all threads to ensure the bolts had no issues. After many hours, the bed wood installed and bolted down tight with ss hardware. All threads were coated with anti-seize. The polished ss gas tank is mounted. I have four lines connected to this 13 gal tank... 2 - 3/8" lines that gravity feed the 17 gal tank located in the truck's frame; 1 - 3/8" line for the return from the fuel pressure regulator and one from a vent tube in the tank. The vent tube is welded to the bottom outlet and to the top of the fuel fuller neck by the twist off cap. Lastly, if you look very closely to the front right bed post I installed you'll see a metal shelf I made that I mounted the AM/FM antenna, the GPS speedo antenna and the Sirus/XM antenna. I also grounded the metal shelf to the truck frame. Since everything is satin black and the bed side rails will make them virtually disappear. You can't see it in this picture, but the lower tank also has a filler cap. I'll fill the lower tank first, then the top tank. The lower tanks is completely sealed and vents through the gravity feed gas lines to the top tank. I also have started to mount the tailgate.... more pictures later. The "FORD" script logo was hand painted with the same Light Platinum metallic paint used elsewhere on the truck as the accent color. Back to work to "get'er done". Mark

Looks good. I've always liked the maple woods.

Old 03-21-2015, 05:45 AM
mkassab
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some Final Pictures.... for the Sale

Well... just wanted to let all know this '52 Ford F1 beauty is for sale. I went back to work and just can't see this pickup, with all the $$$ invested, just sitting.... My wife and I decided to sell. We'll do another project. I hope to have it on ebay this weekend if time permits. I'm happy to discuss details on the truck with anyone. The selling price will be very fair for little to no labor cost.... I just want to at least cover my cost. Thanks to all for your kind comments over the past many months. They're much appreciated.

Until next build.... Mark

Well... just wanted to let all know this '52 Ford F1 beauty is for sale. I went back to work and just can't see this pickup, with all the $$$ invested, just sitting.... My wife and I decided to sell. We'll do another project. I hope to have it on ebay this weekend if time permits. I'm happy to discuss details on the truck with anyone. The selling price will be very fair for little to no labor cost.... I just want to at least cover my cost.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:40 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,130 Likes on 2,655 Posts
I can't imagine wanting to sell it after all the work you've put into it. Can't accuse you of being a hoarder.

Old 03-22-2015, 06:22 AM
mkassab
Mountain Pass
Yes, you're correct, I do have a lot of effort in the build.... but the truck needs a home where it will be driven more often than I'll be able to with my new job. It sure wasn't the intention when the build started.... but as they say, things change. It was built to be a daily driver with a smooth running, 87 oct EFI engine.

Mark

Old 03-22-2015, 07:25 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Mark - A job is highly over-rated. Retirement is awesome. Sorry to hear you are selling the truck. What's the new job?

Old 03-22-2015, 08:40 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Mark, that is such a beauty. I hope you get top dollar for it.

Man, I just went back through this thread. You need to post a link to it in your ebay add. I have said before that I am a stock guy, but if I had the money this truck would never make it to ebay.

I would say this is most likely better built than the $180k BSI 56. Just without the big motor. This is why I'm not fond of that BSI no matter how beautiful it is. There are trucks like this out there for considerably less. Well, I don't know what you are asking, but I assume it's less than $180k.

I don't know how you can sell this, but I really appreciate you wanting it to be driven.

Old 03-22-2015, 01:31 PM
F1 Mike
Tuned
Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Drop dead gorgeous truck. If I had so much sweat into a project I'm sure I couldn't let it go as easily emotionally as you seem to be able to. Can't wait to see your next project.

Here's the e-bay listing http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Other-Pickups-5-Star-Delux-Custom-/271813355492?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3f4956a7e4&item=271813355492

Old 03-22-2015, 11:01 PM
jungle8838
New User
Awesome job!! I've been through this thread several times and as a rookie, I truly appreciate the play by play of what my 52 can be. Can't wait to see the next build. Good luck on the sale and the world is a better place with her on the road turning heads.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:06 PM
mkassab
Mountain Pass
Thanks all.... again, your comments are so kind and I truly appreciated it.

Harrier.... as you can see, I'm >$100,000 less. I think I'm offering a great deal.... but the price tag is still high. So the market is smaller who would buy it.... but it will happen. As the movie said... "patience grasshopper".

Mark

Old 03-25-2015, 06:17 AM
Harrier
Lead Driver
$100k less and a lot nicer in my opinion. I'm not a monster engine guy though.
Yeah, your price tag really limits the market, but anyone looking in that price range will most likely jump on the opportunity. You have done an excellent job on your build.

Hopefully it sells quickly, but you have to be patient.

Old 05-31-2015, 06:23 AM
mkassab
Mountain Pass
Advice needed

Well, no luck selling my 52 F1 on ebay... just not the right buyer and the time the ad ran.

I've been talking with Street Side Classics. They will take my truck, we agree on a price and $$$s in my pocket and they get anything over that. I'm getting a deal and no time limit or extra cost. They do all the advertising, showing, etc. And best of all, it's only a 5 hour drive for me.

Any thoughts and opinions?

Thanks Mark

Old 05-31-2015, 06:54 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Two thoughts. First, like was said, be patient and the right guy will come. Your put a lot of study, effort, and money into the truck and the right person will appreciate it.

Second, eBay doesn't allow for the back and forth between buyer and seller that is really needed on a one-off item. So, advertise it some place like Hemmings.

But, if SSC is giving you close to what you want for it then go with them if you need to move on.

Quick Reply: Mark's 52' F1 RestoMod Build