1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

My TO DO list

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 06:49 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Here is even a better tip for replacing the door pins/bushings.

Do NOT remove ANY bolts. Just cut the pins and drive them out.

The drill out the hinges for the bushings and put new pins in.

Doing it this way leaves ZERO adjustment afterward.

A tip of holding the door while doing all of this...
Hang with ratchet straps from either the garage door tracks to engine hoist

Old 09-12-2014, 03:05 PM
martin72
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madMatador78
Oh yeah, any D60 I find, will get all new parts. I'm just disgusted with myself, I was right there last winter, but I chickened out and didn't want to mess with the pivot bushings.

If Hoods are that cheap, I may as well buy a new one and have the local body shop here paint it all up for me. Cost wise I don't see how there would be much difference, especially if they had to do repair to a old hood.

Definatly will replace any worn parts on the tanks while they are out.

Yes, way too many irons. Hoping to get that car on the road even just for a little bit, then I'll just store it.

Your T deserves the love IMO. Nothing against Clifford, but he runs and drive at the moment.

Thank you, Nate! Yeah I know now where I'll be getting my e-fuel and up pipes. $$$ pending.

I'm still not 100% I'm going to do the doors myself, although I'm sure if I was careful and brave (Aaron and I had that discussion last night) it would be a great learning experience.

Thank You, Bill! I thought I would be done for a while after last winter, but when you have a truck like mine thats closing in on 400K, the work is never done. Don't get me wrong its in great shape, especially mileage considering, and some things show their age more than others, these are definatley great trucks and hold up well for many hundreds of thousands of miles with TLC. And best part is, I know it is all worth the work.

Thomas be careful where you buy a hood some of the china made one's don't fit so well. The one Gabe has looks good I would try there. I tried to buy a new ford one for the Mistress when I painted part's guy said $1500.00 if he could even find one because they are discontinued them.
If I had it to do over I would do A cowl hood.

Old 09-12-2014, 04:32 PM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by martin72
Thomas be careful where you buy a hood some of the china made one's don't fit so well. The one Gabe has looks good I would try there. I tried to buy a new ford one for the Mistress when I painted part's guy said $1500.00 if he could even find one because they are discontinued them.
If I had it to do over I would do A cowl hood.
Pretty sure that's the route I'm going with mine. Looking at a Cervini's fiberglass one right now.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:45 AM
madMatador78
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, I would like to get a used hood and just have it painted, although I kinda like the idea of a cowel hood.

I think I'm going to check all my glow plugs again, VC harnesses and VC's are new, Glow plugs are about a year old now, but I still think it starts harder than it should, it actually stalled yesterday morning, but then fired right back up. I don't know what the deal is.

Also, another thing to add is my cab bushings, I got a set when I bought the truck. They are poly bushings, just need to roll up the sleeves and get them put on.

Washed her up real good yesterday, man I forgot how much that white shines when its actually clean. I'm also amazed at how much dirt it will hold and still look clean, it lightened a good couple of shades by the time I was done.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:47 AM
liftnw8z
(CL) Team Brahma

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts
I'd like to get mine washed before I head to Indy...it's looking a touch dirty. I know the first washing peeled a LOT of black off of it - definitely changed colors.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:12 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Thomas, I know where there is a decent hood in a yard here locally that I'm sure I could get for a fair price. I don't know if that really helps you though since we're not exactly neighbors. It's white and seems pretty straight. There are some dents and dings in it (that seems to be a recurring theme on these old work trucks) but it looked pretty decent to me. I can try and get you some shots of it if you want. I don't know how we would get it to you and I can't imagine you would want to ship it, but I thought I would offer because I don't know if you have somewhere to find one locally or not.

Old 09-15-2014, 04:24 PM
OldWoodsDiesel
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mighty nice offer there, nate. tried to rep, but i'm in jail.

i've also got a white hood i just took off my project truck. its got a few dings in the front and some shoddy bondo work, but i'd let it go cheap if its any help to the OP. eastern PA to IL woudlnt be cheap shipping though...

Old 09-15-2014, 05:45 PM
madpogue
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
There's a young kid in Waterford WI (shade under 2 hr drive from Pecatonica), always parting out OBSes and other generations of Ford out of his folks' barn. I think he has an OBS white truck right now. Get on Madison craigslist, auto parts by owner, search on "Ford Waterford", you'll find his ads. Straight-up kid, fair prices on everything I've bought from him.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:46 PM
madMatador78
Postmaster
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic
Thomas, I know where there is a decent hood in a yard here locally that I'm sure I could get for a fair price. I don't know if that really helps you though since we're not exactly neighbors. It's white and seems pretty straight. There are some dents and dings in it (that seems to be a recurring theme on these old work trucks) but it looked pretty decent to me. I can try and get you some shots of it if you want. I don't know how we would get it to you and I can't imagine you would want to ship it, but I thought I would offer because I don't know if you have somewhere to find one locally or not.
Yeah if you would like to send pics that would be awesome! I'll pm you my digits. Yeah I'm trying to think of a way too, to get it here. I am going back to Aaron's in pry a week or so, although I don't think that helps you much, which part of Ohio are you in?

Originally Posted by OldWoodsDiesel
mighty nice offer there, nate. tried to rep, but i'm in jail.

i've also got a white hood i just took off my project truck. its got a few dings in the front and some shoddy bondo work, but i'd let it go cheap if its any help to the OP. eastern PA to IL woudlnt be cheap shipping though...
That's a great offer as well JP, thank you. But I think your right, shipping from PA to IL would be outrageous.

I guess I could scour around here too. Thanks again guys. Anything would be better than what's on it. It's got a bad gap on both sides. Definatly sprung.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:48 PM
madMatador78
Postmaster
Originally Posted by madpogue
There's a young kid in Waterford WI (shade under 2 hr drive from Pecatonica), always parting out OBSes and other generations of Ford out of his folks' barn. I think he has an OBS white truck right now. Get on Madison craigslist, auto parts by owner, search on "Ford Waterford", you'll find his ads. Straight-up kid, fair prices on everything I've bought from him.
I will check that out. Thanks Madpogue, there's nothing more I love than drives into Wisconsin. It's a beautiful state and right in my back yard! Haha

Edit: got JP and Madpogue with reps, sorry Nate couldn't rep you.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:01 AM
madpogue
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
^^^ Thanks man; I couldn't rep Nate either

Old 09-16-2014, 06:18 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by madMatador78
Yeah if you would like to send pics that would be awesome! I'll pm you my digits. Yeah I'm trying to think of a way too, to get it here. I am going back to Aaron's in pry a week or so, although I don't think that helps you much, which part of Ohio are you in?
I'm in Wooster, OH. It's about 45 minutes South of Cleveland. If my Google-Fu serves me correctly it looks like about a 7 and a half hour drive from you to me. Probably a little farther than it's worth to run for a hood...

Old 03-03-2015, 09:10 AM
madMatador78
Postmaster
Well, havent done a whole lot with this as you can tell. Did just score on some up pipes here from another forum member, hoping within the next couple of weeks to get them on. Other than that, just looking at pry doing some fluid changes (T-Case, Axles, Coolant) and any other little stuff that comes along, pry will end up doing the seal on the D50 and just rocking that for now, should be good, just want to get it as reliable as possible.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:14 AM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Good times. I was wondering what lucky bugger would pick those pipes up

Old 03-03-2015, 09:25 AM
madMatador78
Postmaster
It was a case of "I saw, and I bought." lol. That should help keep the egt's down some.

He said he would get them on the way today. We just got another 3-4 inches of snow, and now its turning to rain. So not sure when I'll get the old girl out of the garage and down to the shop.

Quick Reply: My TO DO list