Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

JEFFs BRONCO GRAVE YARD

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 08:14 AM
skidoodave
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've ordered from them before over the phone and then went to there location in Brighton MI to pick up my stuff. The show room is kind of just a large open office with some stuff just lying around, kind of disorganized. There were a couple of guys on phones taking orders and I guess someone in the back warehouse, not a very big operation. They did have all of my parts ready for pick up at the counter except some windshield trim that was back ordered. I asked what they were going to do about the back order since I was from Canada and drove over to avoid shipping and customs. They said they would take care of it. Well, a few weeks later the post lady knocks on my door with a box. She said all shipping and customs were taken care of, have a nice day.

I would buy from them again but then again, I'm only a 3 hour or so drive from them and I would make my order worth while if I was going. I'm also only a little over an hour or so drive from MACs in Lockport NY who carry truck parts. Also, NPD is not far from JBG so it's an option too.

I love southern Ontario....lol

Old 09-10-2014, 09:49 AM
dustyroad
Fleet Mechanic
Received 209 Likes on 158 Posts
I ordered online and they did everything right. Lots of small stuff that easily could have been overlooked or not thrown in the box.
Which is why I skip the phone and order the part myself. Only me and the picker to blame than.
I do the same when I go to the brick stores here. I hand the counter guy the part numbers that I need.
Still doesn't stop mistakes from happening.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:10 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I am not saying this is the case with Bud Mud. But I find that when ordering parts
that ya need to make damn sure They know what ya want as well as you knowing
this also. In as much as order by part number from There catalog. Not a cross reference
from a Ford or NAPA part. But There number. And outside of maybe Mid Fifty none
of the phone jockey's have a clue as to what you want or what the part even is.

So what I am saying here is most of the time it is you that has not taken the time
to make sure ya are ordering the right part. To call an say I want this part for this
truck is a turkey shoot as the guy on the phone has no clue so will send what his
computer first comes up with. Use the part number people. That way there is no
mistake unless you have made it. Yes sometimes even with the part number the
part may be boxed wrong or the computer kicked the p/n back to the ware house
wrong. But that is rare and if ya got the receipt can be rectified. But may cost more
shipping with most dealers. I bought and sold parts in this bizz for 40 years. And
with the companies part number there was seldom any mistake.

Use the proper part number and get the proper part. Do Not depend on the crack
head on the other end of the phone to figure it out with anything else. Just sayin.

I did this without any internet back in the day. Now there is no reason to
mess up. Just run the part number on Google if the phone jockey is giving
you a different one than the one you have. Double check and make damn
sure you know what ya ordered by Part Number.

Old 09-10-2014, 06:51 PM
lafermedavid
Cargo Master

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts
I want to order a part from them right now,the part is 12$ the shipping is 15$,no way.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:37 PM
PancakeF150
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JBG experience is 50/50 for me. My first order was close to $2000. The good experience was good and the bad experience was horrible. So horrible I got off the phone completely pissed.

I look for parts elsewhere first.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:45 PM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
So here's the deal with those that had bad experiences with JBG. Please enlighten us all as to what the problems are. Ok we know shipping costs. But really? I found that they are no worse then anyone else with shipping. Sometimes yeah the part costs less then the cost to ship the part. One thing to keep in mind with the shipping costs is the fact that they use first rate and overnight shipping if and when possible. And that costs more. So if that's a deal breaker for you then call and ask if they have a cheaper rate for shipping, even if that adds days to the arrival time. I'm sure they will work with you as much as they can. But even that has it's limitations too. So please enlighten us on the more serious issues that some of you claim to have.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:52 PM
PancakeF150
Senior User
Mine had nothing to do with shipping cost. My order took 3 times and over 2 weeks to get the order correct because of a "new guy" in shipping. Once I got the order I called for a little help and the employee accused me of lieing about my axle and told me I must not know what I'm talking about. The employees that were helpful, were very helpful.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:06 PM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Ok Pancake that's what we want to here. But honestly you're going to encounter that anywhere. The fact of the matter is not everyone they hire is going to know all the ins and outs so to speak about these trucks. And you can and will deal with that even at the local parts stores. And what's worse even at the Dealer when you're dealing with a late model car or truck. Is it frustrating? Yeah, it sure is. But that's life. And to me it's not something I would necessarily boycott a company over. The thing to keep in mind though is in the end they did help you out. Right?

Old 09-10-2014, 09:27 PM
PancakeF150
Senior User
In the end they didn't help me out because the real bad experience I had was the last time I was willing to dial their phone number and be treated like that. I had the good experience on the first couple contacts. I certainly am not boycotting, I just choose to look elsewhere first and usually find what I need. My father had a large corporation so I understand both sides of the parts counter.
I would NEVER tell anybody not to buy from Jeff's. I am sure JBG has and will take great care of a lot people.

Respectfully, T.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:37 PM
fordrealdrive
Fleet Mechanic
Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
I've only ordered from them one time and everything was right...

But, I didn't get my stickers!

Old 09-10-2014, 09:47 PM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Terry I hope I didn't offend you. That's not what I was trying to do. Nor was I trying to make excuses for them. I certainly don't know the full circumstances of your ordeal, and also I misunderstood your last post. I thought it was taken care of in the end and it wasn't. And these are the kinds of issues the rest of us are trying to find out when someone says they're done dealing with a said company and then not saying why. It sounds like you were treated really poorly and if it were me I'd probably feel the same way as you. And I think most of us here would feel the same way. Mistakes happen, we all know it. And some are more willing to forgive and forget and move on then others. But a totally bad attitude and complete lack of customer service is something totally different. And that is something most(myself included) won't overlook. So once again sorry if I offended and for the misunderstanding.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:56 PM
PancakeF150
Senior User
pared, no no no offense at all. None at all. Thank you. We are on the same page fo sho!

I know my experience certainly is not a JBG standard. I just don't want to be pissed when I get off the phone with a business. So, I look elsewhere first.

The mistakes that happened with the order in the first place were handled very professionally I thought.

I really mean it, I would NEVER tell anyone not to shop with them.

Stickers? I could have or should have got stickers? What the .........! Just kidding but I do like stickers.

Let me add, I only had the bad experiences with 1 of the employees there. He was a real **ick to me.

Last edited by PancakeF150; 09-10-2014 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Added the "Let me add"
Old 09-10-2014, 10:12 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Soooo...

Bud Mud flames JBG and then conveniently flies the coop, failing to elaborate on what the problem is or was.

Maybe it was Bud Mud's error? .. maybe JBG? Maybe the high expectations that weren't attained?

Is Bud Mud maybe sitting back and laughing at us post this thread to the hilt....

Or maybe Bud Mud is a JBG employee and wants to see what kind of unsolicited comments he gets back about JBG ?

Old 09-10-2014, 10:39 PM
51fordf5
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by HIO Silver
Soooo...

Bud Mud flames JBG and then conveniently flies the coop, failing to elaborate on what the problem is or was.

Maybe it was Bud Mud's error? .. maybe JBG? Maybe the high expectations that weren't attained?

Is Bud Mud maybe sitting back and laughing at us post this thread to the hilt....

Or maybe Bud Mud is a JBG employee and wants to see what kind of unsolicited comments he gets back about JBG ?
Yeah, I've been curious what it was, especially because he changed his signature and everything. Maybe he is an employee for Jeff's, OR he tried to order parts for a "highwater" Ford truck and they didn't stock parts for that model? just kidding Bud Mud, but for real I'm genuinely curious what the issue was as they've always been great for most of us it seems.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:18 PM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts
It appears this was a bad phone call experience, could have been a misinterpretation or misunderstanding, at least he wasnt dealing with a call center in India.

If I go to Partsource for a part, I talk to the guy who is blind in one eye or I talk to the guy who's wife has a scrolerosis. They see the o2 tank on my shoulder and I get the same price everyone else pays. If I deal with anyone else my dentside part becomes special order from either Edmonton 2.5 hrs away or Winnipeg 15 hrs away and get charged $25 special order surcharge. 50 minutes later my part is in, friggin amazing how that works. At autovalue a parts guy tried to double bill me for a slave cylinder,release bearing for my 89 zf5. The other parts guys put an end to that right quickly.

Bad service is delliberate sometimes, a lack of understanding sometimes, a result of laziness at other times. Good service takes effort at all times and is very seldom bragged about by customers, and I dont see many parts clerks hi 5ing each other because someone went out of thier way to treat a customer right.

I to wonder why Bud Mud went silent, maybe he's doing the same thing Montana Highboy did. If thats the case, its an old act and who really cares what he says as we've allready seen how it plays out.

No more pennies in Canada so thats my nickle of Bs.

Quick Reply: JEFFs BRONCO GRAVE YARD