Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2014, 08:44 AM
New User

Blackbusa is starting off with a positive reputation.
Electrical issue

So yesterday i got my windshield tinted at a shop and now im having issues. My ac stays on when the key is out of the ignition i can use all settings from low to high. My windshield wipers only work in neutral and park. Im calling them when they open but i think the water they spray on the tint got down in the dash and fried something. Tell me what yall think thanks.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Postmaster

Bluegrass 7 has a good reputation on FTE.Bluegrass 7 has a good reputation on FTE.
They have no idea what might happen if their spray drips behind the dash from vehicle to vehicle.
Lesson learned is they should put towels down to prevent it.
There is a lot of electronics in the dash area to be affected.
It may dry out, it may not depending on what was in the spray.
Good luck.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:36 AM
New User

Ya i called them and let the know. Im going down there tomorrow there is drip marks on the end of my dash. They claimed to have used a towel but these drip marks tell a different story. They don't seem like they're going to be much help but they messed it up so its gotta be fixed. I cracked my windows today and unhooked my battery so ill see if it dries out.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Posting Guru

Tedster9 has a great reputation on FTE.Tedster9 has a great reputation on FTE.Tedster9 has a great reputation on FTE.Tedster9 has a great reputation on FTE.Tedster9 has a great reputation on FTE.
They don't care and they can't help, unless you want them poking around under the dash, too; good move on battery disconnect. Don't apply power till it's been gone through thoroughly.

Either take it to the dealer or whomever, and send the bill to your tint buddies. The best bet is to disc. the affected electrical connectors and flush with contact cleaner. It's not just the moisture will take forever to dry otherwise, but the soap and such, that will leave a residue that could cause problems. Hopefully nothing got zapped permanently that is expensive.

1964 F-100 292 V8
2009 XLT Ranger 4.0 V6
Old 09-09-2014, 12:10 PM
New User

Well they do install car audio light kits and all that so they should be pretty good in the electrical side and should be able to chase down a short id think.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:25 PM
Posting Guru

Tedster9 has a great reputation on FTE.Tedster9 has a great reputation on FTE.Tedster9 has a great reputation on FTE.Tedster9 has a great reputation on FTE.Tedster9 has a great reputation on FTE.
Well, OK....

Might want to talk to your Ins. agent and/or a dealer? The idea here, get it taken care of correctly and without expense on your part. They broke it, they fix it. Maybe it's no big deal - or maybe this gets expensive?

How would you feel if the bill "only" came to $900, some magic box under the dash is toast and needs replaced, you have a $500 deductible? $1000? Not only that, problems keep cropping up again, a year from now... See where I'm goin' with that? Just thinkin' out loud is all.

1964 F-100 292 V8
2009 XLT Ranger 4.0 V6
Old 09-09-2014, 06:17 PM
Senior User

newfordy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbusa View Post
Well they do install car audio light kits and all that so they should be pretty good in the electrical side and should be able to chase down a short id think.
Doing "installs" is much different from "troubleshooting" electrical. Apparently the tint shop is not smart enough to keep electronics dry.

My $.02
Looks like you are going to have to get it independently repaired.
Photos and documentation is always a good idea.
Just in case you gotta "take-em-to-court".
good luck.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:17 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150