Sponsored by: Moser

Rant....

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 02:07 AM
SuperDuty93
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Rant....

Ok so im heading home from Poway to Point Loma here in San Diego.... Its a typical half hour cruise no traffic.... So I get on the 15 south and almost immediately I have some jack hole cut me off and brake check me. he then speeds off and keeps swerving in his lane. I start following him from at least 3-500 yards. Keep following him for about ten minutes and see its obvious he is drunk driver and cant keep his lane and continues to cut people off. 911 time. Dispatch transfers me to highway patrol. Give the description blah blah blah two SDHP cruisers are on their way they say. So I continue to follow in my 74 f250 4x4 and try catching up. At this point this little pisser car is going 100mph and im at like 80 and don't wana push it. So I see his brake lights keep lighting up cuz he cant drive for crap so keeps over correcting. I then loose him around a blind corner and think I see him take a off ramp. So I decide to take the offramp.

BINGO! There he is at a red light. Goes green and he speeds off and continues toswerve at 30mph. Call 911 again and they now have to change from SDHP to SDPD.... So they say they have them in rout.. I continue to follow for about 3 miles. In those three miles he runs 3 reds and almost t bones 2 cars... He then pulls into a hotel parking lot and goes behind the hotel. I go past and pull a U turn at the next light and go back down and do another U turn so now im sitting out front of the hotel... 15 minutes go by and no police.. WTF? I then call the non emergency number and ask what the hell is taking so long. they say they should be there any second. Finally they show up and search the lot....

Well the guy comes back looking annoyed and says they arnt there and there is no other exit. Im like WTF!!? So he either escaped when I pulled the U turn or he ran over the curb in the back and went across the grass back onto the street which Id believe. So in the end this jack hole didn't get caught. Load of BS. I ask the officers why it took so long and the response was they have the entire force at some stupid *** college party on the beach where a group of low lifes are smoking pot and doing all kinds of other drugs. The people we are supporting by going to work every day....

Needless to say very disappointing.....

Old 09-07-2014, 03:07 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,288 Likes on 2,444 Posts
I'm up, I'll listen...In all of this I would of never admitted to "I'm at like 80 and don't wana push it." lol

Good for you trying to be a good citizen and save a life, his or a family of 5 in a socker mom van. So... you get distracted while driving.... to use your cell phone.... to call the cops (voice dial I hope). How did you continue to follow when HE ran the red light and not loose him, did you run them to? But of course not.

Next time, get the tag #, tell the dispatch you are being shot at by the guy (I am kidding) about the 2nd part....maybe. Active shooter statement get cops with alot of guns there real fast these days.

Ok sorry Mr officer, it LOOKED like he had a gun, I was in fear for my life.

Since you went to all the trouble to follow him alot/call the cops 3 times, follow him down the off ramp and see him turn into the hotel, you should of continued to follow him onto the hotel lot and not have to pull 2 u'ies. And parked right next to the guy, what is a drunk going to do about it, get a beating for trying to assault me, that's what. No officer... I was merely DEFENDING myself.

Cops never around fast enough when you really need them.....

Bottom line GET A TAG #, and good on you for what you tried to stop.

Old 09-07-2014, 06:46 AM
mikeo0o0o0
Hotshot
Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts
Thanks for trying to do the right thing.
I've had two friends killed by drunk/drugged drivers in two separate incidents. I don't call them "accidents" because the word accident kinda means they were unavoidable, and both of these were. The A-hole at fault drivers decided to drive impaired. It was a choice.
Next time, like Rich said, get a tag number.
Remember, sometimes the bad guy wins. And the rest of us lose.

Old 09-07-2014, 06:56 AM
montana_highboy
Post Fiend
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Sounds like just another typical day in SoCal....that's why I live in the woods

Old 09-07-2014, 07:30 AM
lafermedavid
Cargo Master

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts
free donuts.I know I dont like to leave this farm.The world is filled with them.Nothing against cops they know, especially nowadays

Old 09-07-2014, 07:49 AM
GM4WALLS
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Drunk or not, a-holes are everywhere. There is a guy on my street that drives a lowered Dodge Ram. Every morning last week, the c***sucker tailgated me in my little Mazda truck while on my road and passed me when he was able. The speed limit is 45, he passes me at around 65. There are kids out waiting on the bus. I decided that if it happens this week I will pop it in neutral and stand on the brake. I figure if I feed him the *** end of my B2500, maybe he will slow down.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:38 AM
OldMetal
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Idiots are everywhere, even up here in Campo. It's like taking your life in your hands just to go to the store. It seems like folks are out trying to crash their cars on purpose

Old 09-07-2014, 08:54 AM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
75 or 80 mph is normal on I-15... especially between Poway and Norco. It's nuts.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:55 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Mike sorry to hear about loosing friends to stupid people.

My real thoughts for both situations, I can't or at least should not type on a public forum so.....Get the tag # and give it to the bus driver to turn to the cops, that should get him in trouble if your cops are on it about "passing a stopped school bus".

Making sure no kids or witnesses/public traffic cameras are around and when he passes you and comes back in front of you do a reverse pit move and spin him out, at that speed he should bite it. Say he cut you off so fast and clipped you when he was coming back in, you had no time to react...

A guy I know that says...make light bumper contact, slightly steer in direction of travel or direction you want them to spin (steer left, push left) and accelerate a bit, follow thru with steering correction and brakes.

It needs to be in gear, just like when you are driving so when that deer, cat, dog.. what ever lives there runs out in front of you and you have to do a panic stop to avoid a collision.

I would not say brake ck him a few times to get him good and mad and really tailgating you before either. Cause that would be a bad persons statement....

Who is this guy that keeps typing all the stuff under my name, not me. I do not condone violence.

lol JK...

Old 09-07-2014, 09:08 AM
mikeo0o0o0
Hotshot
Received 203 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by 77&79F250
Mike sorry to hear about loosing friends to stupid people.
Thanks Rich. That all happened a long time ago, one in 1990 and the other in 1995. I still think about it though. One was a fireman, the other, a kid just out of high school. So much potential, gone.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:39 AM
84espy
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I can't tell you all the times that I have called 911 when I see someone driving erratically on the road. Maybe 10% of the time, dispatch will say help is on the way. Funny thing is that I'm calling from hiway 37. This road is a one lane road for much of it between Vallejo and Novato and it takes at least 20 minutes to traverse. There can't be a cop waiting at the end?? I have seen city drivers pulled over by CHP and freeway runners pulled over by Sheriffs. Co-operation is a must, but doesn't happen.

No matter what, keep making the calls. Plates are a great thing to report as it will help to catch the idiots after you are off the road. Also, when you see someone pulled over who was driving like an idiot, pull over and let the cop know what you saw. It's very therapeutic

Old 09-07-2014, 10:52 AM
NBC-Steve
Fleet Mechanic
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Nice work Super Duty! I had a similar situation while traveling on 80 outside of Sacramento in the Candy Cane. I chased the Hit and Run guy long enough to get his plate and call CHP. He was also going 90 to 100MPH so I wasn't going to push it. I spotted the driver take an exit and pull into a gas station.

I got a call from CHP a week or so later saying the driver was claiming he wasn't at fault in the accident and he wasn't DUI. I was a witness for the State if he was to contest the charges. Nothing heard yet.

Keep up the good work! Its up to us as a society to do the right thing and look out for one another. Help a stranger, pay it forward.

Old 09-07-2014, 11:07 AM
SuperDuty93
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by 77&79F250
I'm up, I'll listen...In all of this I would of never admitted to "I'm at like 80 and don't wana push it." lol

Good for you trying to be a good citizen and save a life, his or a family of 5 in a socker mom van. So... you get distracted while driving.... to use your cell phone.... to call the cops (voice dial I hope). How did you continue to follow when HE ran the red light and not loose him, did you run them to? But of course not.

Next time, get the tag #, tell the dispatch you are being shot at by the guy (I am kidding) about the 2nd part....maybe. Active shooter statement get cops with alot of guns there real fast these days.

Ok sorry Mr officer, it LOOKED like he had a gun, I was in fear for my life.

Since you went to all the trouble to follow him alot/call the cops 3 times, follow him down the off ramp and see him turn into the hotel, you should of continued to follow him onto the hotel lot and not have to pull 2 u'ies. And parked right next to the guy, what is a drunk going to do about it, get a beating for trying to assault me, that's what. No officer... I was merely DEFENDING myself.

Cops never around fast enough when you really need them.....

Bottom line GET A TAG #, and good on you for what you tried to stop.
Lol well 80 is normal here on the I15 anything faster is ehen people get pulled over believe it or not haha. And yea i have a in dash navigation screen so dont have to fiddle with the phone :P and yea should have followed him into the loy but infortunatly me being little white guy and there being two pretty big hispanics in the car in a really really dicey motel 6 lot i wasnt ready to go and get shot haha. Its oneof those hotels thats just run down and always people in the parking lots up to no good... ask for the red lights i stopped at them. They turned green shortly after he ran them and it was a long straight road ay this point so easy to see them ahead.

And after looking this morning, they ran the curb and drive across the grass onto another road.... darn -.-

Old 09-07-2014, 11:15 AM
SuperDuty93
Fleet Mechanic
Tag number as in license plate or?

And as for everyone else thanks for reading and replying. Ive known 4 people in the last 6 years killed by a DUI moron.... So tired of this BS people get away with in california all the time. Yea they will get whats coming to them one day but its frustrating when its not right away so they dont have time to ruin someone elses life first...

Old 09-07-2014, 11:16 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Better safe than shot...get the tag # (yes license plate#) and call. Done.

"Dicey motel 6", Tom Bodett left the light on for ya....

I knew you stopped at the red lights, just hacking on ya about it.

You have a dash nav screen in a 74 F250....sweet.

Quick Reply: Rant....