Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2014, 11:22 PM
Elder User

kengarchow is starting off with a positive reputation.
how do u remove small door to right of steering wheel 05-07

the 05-07 SD has a small "glove box" looking door and compartment just to the right of the steering wheel

i am putting my CTS monitor there and need to remove the door
it looks like it may snap in but thought before i tried to pry it out i would ask here

thanks
Old 09-05-2014, 08:28 PM
Senior User

Trophy_23 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I think that you just have to squeeze the sides and it should pop open.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:01 PM
Elder User

thanks
yes squeeze sides and it opens all the way
then i discovered it snaps off the hinges
Old 09-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Senior User

Trophy_23 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kengarchow View Post
thanks
yes squeeze sides and it opens all the way
then i discovered it snaps off the hinges

Thank you... I was not aware of how it comes off the hinges I have never tried to fully remove it.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:09 PM
Senior User

Redrkt is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ken Swan Redrkt Redrkt
not knocking it, but why would you want to mount it way down there (out of your sight line)? Anything that requires you take your eyes off the road and look away from the windshield is not a safe thing. Just curious?
Old 09-06-2014, 11:50 PM
Elder User

just turned out to be best place in my case because

a few things went into that decision, aesthetics, function and security

i really couldn't find a spot for the edge CTS that i like the looks of, above mirror looked cluttered, left side under a pillar handle looked odd, in the bonus box next to the steering wheel (only on 05-07) it looked pretty good, i tested every spot during day and night and that place was the least offensive. i masked off the back side of the door and painted it black to match the box and had a plastic bezel made to make it look more like it belonged there.

i don't think you need to look at the read outs that much, mostly when towing up hill, and i have the alert alarms set so don't need to see it that much either. can drive around with door closed and flip open when needed. I'm also using the monitor for a back up camera and it works well. mostly use it to hook up trailer and so flip open box to line up the hitch

i like the way it is all hidden when closed so as to reduce chance of brake in to steal it also
Old 09-06-2014, 11:50 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty