Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2014, 11:44 PM
Postmaster

white Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolo263 View Post
Is a 38r stock??
Nope, it's a drop in upgrade to flow more air than the stocker. @ $1500. BTW - Thank you Strokin'_Tasch for the super quick response !
Old 09-03-2014, 11:47 PM
Postmaster

white Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to beholdwhite Buffalo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I know who it belonged to but its impossible to reach him. Hes a texas supreme court judge
Yeah, but my point is if DP Tuner did the tuning, they know what all the upgrades are as well.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:48 PM
Post Fiend

strokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by white Buffalo View Post
Nope, it's a drop in upgrade to flow more air than the stocker. @ $1500. BTW - Thank you Strokin'_Tasch for the super quick response !
Cell phone notifications homie. Lol. I can FTE on the go!
Travis- Death Row Diesel Inmate #7
1995 F-250 RC PSD- because race truck
2000 F-250 SC LB 4x4 ZF6- 4" TB, 6637, TW and Gearhead tunes, 160/100s, Driven Diesel full fuel system, S365..
1994 F-150 4x4

Old 09-03-2014, 11:52 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch View Post
Cell phone notifications homie. Lol. I can FTE on the go!
If I try that driving - I'll crash & burn

If I try that walking - I'll crash & hurt worse
Old 09-04-2014, 12:03 AM
Junior User

Nolo263 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks everyone for all the help!! No one i know here in my town knows enough to help me out!!

If i measure the intake would that help??

Last edited by Stewart_H; 09-04-2014 at 01:45 AM.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:14 AM
Elder User

Jesser02EX has a very good reputation on FTE.Jesser02EX has a very good reputation on FTE.Jesser02EX has a very good reputation on FTE.Jesser02EX has a very good reputation on FTE.
I saw that truck for sale.... As an EX owner I really dig that rig! Congratulations on the new ride, you are sitting pretty for many years to come.

That truck had a HAM mounted in it along with some scanners. It is ready for dooms day!
Old 09-04-2014, 12:21 AM
Junior User

Yeah night vision and all kinds of crazy stuff!
Thanks
Old 09-04-2014, 02:22 AM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Also where yours has that code mine sais opening or tampering voids warranty.
Rich moved his sticker.

In order to see your PCM code, you need to remove the PMC from where it's mounted because the sticker is located on the grey connector (where the harness comes through the firewall and plugs into the PCM), on the side that faces the truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white Buffalo View Post
Strokin_Tasch might know by looking at the pics or Toreador_Diesel or Stewart. I'll send them a PM. As for the PCM, you gonna have to take it out and check for the sticker on the plug.
I can't see enough of the turbo in the pics to say for sure, but it doesn't match the 38R's I have.

My black intake tubes have Garrett in red letters on it, and I have the word "Garrett" on my turbo where his looks blank.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 09-04-2014, 02:53 AM
Junior User

The turbo does not say anything where other ones i saw said garret. On the other side it sais usa thats it. I used a flexible illuminated borescope and looked on the gray connector it said remanufactured and under it (23cf-hc. Dpc-492).
Old 09-04-2014, 09:06 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
Rich moved his sticker.
Damn! I forgot I did that 😎
Old 09-04-2014, 10:20 AM

Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
I'm with Travis, the turbo has the appearance of a Garrett GTP38R, but there were also a few imitations of the 38R. Turbomaster, BD Diesel, and a few other vendors have their own version of it minus the ball bearing part, IIRC.

If it sings a sweet siren song that is very audiable in the cab, it may just be a 38R. I.e. if it sounds like 747 taking off

I highly and strongly suggest you do your reasearch before you decide to purchase. Before you jump on the DP-Tuner Bandwagon, please take the time to consider options that are available:

Tony Wildman- Total Diesel Performance

Matt Robinson- Gearhead Automotive Performance

Brian of BTS- E4OD | 4R100 | 5R110 Ford Diesel Powerstroke Transmissions

While these are just a few, Matt and Tony both run the PHP Hydra that stores up to 17 tunes and allows tunes to be emailed to you instead of you having to pull your chip and ship it. Both have amazing customer service and won't rest until you're happy.

Brian of BTS builds a transmission that he dares you break and writes great tunes to go with them. His customer service is also some of the best and he'll also make sure you're happy no matter what.

I chose Matt's tunes for several reasons:

1. He came highly recommended in the 7.3, 6.0, and 6.4 world.

2. He's all of two hours away from me if I need any adjustments made. (Very important after a terrible experience with DP.)

3. After meeting him, I'm surprised he wasn't a Ford engineer. I thought I knew these engines inside and out, but Matt took me to school. He knew very intricate details about not only strategies, but what Ford did with the Engines and transmissions, why they did it, and what they were trying to accomplish. Not the normal stuff you google either...

Matt's tunes work well for me and it's coincidentally convenient since he's right in my backyard.

Your truck is already well equipped to chip, just do your research, call a few FTE Vendors that write and see who cuts the mustard best for you.
Excursion & 6.7 Forum Mod Death Row Inmate #21
Black Beauty The Mighty 6.0: 2005 Ford Excursion Limited, 4wd "The 6.0" Bulletproofed by Powerstroke Enginuities Straight pipe, Atlas 40, Heavily RiffRaff'd, and Gearheaded
Big Red Beast The Mighty Excursion: 2001 Ford Excursion Limited, 2wd, "The 7.3" Built with blood and sweat by Me and Riffraff Diesel, heavily modded, also Gearheaded
FTE Guidelines
Old 09-04-2014, 03:32 PM
It's a Van Gogh

aawlberninf350 is a splendid one to beholdaawlberninf350 is a splendid one to beholdaawlberninf350 is a splendid one to beholdaawlberninf350 is a splendid one to beholdaawlberninf350 is a splendid one to beholdaawlberninf350 is a splendid one to behold
Description of the PCM sounds like a normal reman. So there will be no 4 digit PCM code, only what is already reported. In that case the sticks will be stock too. And the mechanic who prepped it for sale is rocking those hybrids or whatever on his own truck.

Once you decide on new sticks and ID the turbo (and trans I suppose) you can send the chip in for new tunes. Or get new hardware from another vendor. Do you have the switch for it?
Old 09-04-2014, 04:29 PM

Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
As for your strategy, it points to a California 250/350 which is the same as an Excursion as Excursion as techincally California trucks.

2002 QLJ2 2F719N0B06 DPC-492 2C3F-HC 7.3L F-250/350 - AUTO CAL TNAA4N2

Your Strategy is: TNAA4N2
Excursion & 6.7 Forum Mod Death Row Inmate #21
Black Beauty The Mighty 6.0: 2005 Ford Excursion Limited, 4wd "The 6.0" Bulletproofed by Powerstroke Enginuities Straight pipe, Atlas 40, Heavily RiffRaff'd, and Gearheaded
Big Red Beast The Mighty Excursion: 2001 Ford Excursion Limited, 2wd, "The 7.3" Built with blood and sweat by Me and Riffraff Diesel, heavily modded, also Gearheaded
FTE Guidelines
Old 09-04-2014, 07:29 PM
Junior User

Thanks again

I sold my old excursion to my buddy and today i asked if i could take a pic of his turbo

Click the image to open in full size.

Mine is definately not a stock turbo. The one on my excursion is way bigger. The intake part is way bigger.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Junior User

This is basically the same angle on my excursion

Click the image to open in full size.

So does anyone have an idea what it is??

Last edited by Stewart_H; 09-05-2014 at 02:13 AM.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:33 PM