Alberta Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Puddy

Alberta Chat - Fall/Winter

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 06:32 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 73fan
On a different note, where do you buy oil for your diesel truck? I wanted to put 0W-40 or 5W-40 in my 08 Power Stroke and the cheapest I can find is $42 for a 5L jug. Shell Rotella T6. I thought I got it for $35 last fall.

NEXUS 4. IB AutoGroup
I've only bought 4qt jugs - WalMart seems to have the best prices down here. You can catch them on-sale (Mobil1 synthetic) for under $30 US. The 5w40 was same 4 qt jug and I think was $18 US.

Originally Posted by privateer, eh
Send back those 5000 geese I saw heading south and we might do something about the weather

No holes in the geese.
Doggoned Canada geese finally left here and are down in Iowa / Kansas now... Good thing too - they crapped everywhere and chased the kids back into the local school house.. LOL...
I swear I smelled beer on their breaths...

Old 11-15-2014, 08:10 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 435 Likes on 320 Posts
Those geese are a menace.

Old 11-15-2014, 08:34 PM
73fan
Laughing Gas
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Big-Foot

I've only bought 4qt jugs - WalMart seems to have the best prices down here. You can catch them on-sale (Mobil1 synthetic) for under $30 US. The 5w40 was same 4 qt jug and I think was $18 US.
The only 5W-40 I could find at all was the Rotella. And Walmart was not the cheapest. They'll put it on sale the day after I buy it elsewhere. So will Canadian Tire.

NEXUS 4. IB AutoGroup

Old 11-15-2014, 10:16 PM
Midnite1987
Cargo Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Bought my rotella t6 at Canadian tire in lsale a few months ago.

On another note got a new work truck. This ones a 6.7 powerstroke. Crew cav long box damn thing is a bus lol
Now a 3 week wait for the canopy and decals

Attached Images  
Old 11-15-2014, 10:20 PM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts
Don't know where they got the liquor from but them geese were higher than kites when I saw them. Thought they were headed for Washington as they were heading southwest. Medicinal my azz, they're just lost potheads without a care in the world.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:00 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Sweet looking new rig you have there Midnight!!! Nothing like a new truck to lift a man's spirits... Yeah the long box crew cabs are just about enough to span two zip-codes!!!

Originally Posted by privateer, eh
Don't know where they got the liquor from but them geese were higher than kites when I saw them. Thought they were headed for Washington as they were heading southwest. Medicinal my azz, they're just lost potheads without a care in the world.
I saw one play the role of a Japanese Kamikaze and blast the front end of a Budweiser truck once... So while the driver was preoccupied pulling guts and feathers out of his radiator and windshield - you know what the rest of the flock was up to...

Re: Oil
I just got an email coupon from my dealer for a full oil and filter change for $59
I might just do that and get the break-in oil out of it early..
How many quarts dothese new 6.7's hold again?

Old 11-16-2014, 10:00 AM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 435 Likes on 320 Posts
Beauty truck midnight. It may be long, but it'll ride nice on the highway with all the wheelbase.

If you have apple, crab apple or other fruit trees around, birds somehow seem to know exactly when the fruit will be fermenting naturally, and they always seem to eat more at those times. Smart birds!

Old 11-16-2014, 11:57 AM
Midnite1987
Cargo Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by seventyseven250
Beauty truck midnight. It may be long, but it'll ride nice on the highway with all the wheelbase. If you have apple, crab apple or other fruit trees around, birds somehow seem to know exactly when the fruit will be fermenting naturally, and they always seem to eat more at those times. Smart birds!
Will ride better once I get my canopy on and some weight in the back and rough as hell right now

Old 11-16-2014, 12:34 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
It'll also ride better once the oil in the shocks warms up... I've got the crewcab dually and it rode pretty nice in the warm weather.. Right now at +5F it rides like a buck-board...
Still, as the truck and shocks warm up going down the road, it does get a tich better...

Old 11-17-2014, 08:58 PM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts
I hear they,re having problems in the yukon with the bohemian wax wing getting drunk on mountain ash berries. They even have a drunk tank for them to sober up. Good ole CBC, has all the important news. Wait til you put a cap on that rig, then it will really look big in your mirrors. Gotten used to the turning radius yet. Got most of the shop down, glad I worked during the chill. Will be reinforcing my 40 year old fence tomorrow and assembling the shelter frame to see how I'm going to modify it. Might put that part in my Katy P loses her box thread. Want to be working on the truck come Friday maybe Thurs, still need light system, $$ and a trip to princess auto, have flyer.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:41 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
I've bought a couple of things from Princess Auto... I was surprized that they would ship to the states and the shipping charges were not that bad..
You guys need Harbor Freight up there to give them a bit of competition...

Ponds are all frozen over here, many of the lakes are freezing out too.. Won't be long and all the water fowl will be south and idiots will be dropping their trucks and sleds into the drink....

Old 11-18-2014, 09:58 AM
73fan
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
You guys need Harbor Freight up there to give them a bit of competition...
That may have its advantage but I used to read some of the "Best and worst buys" in the FARM SHOW magazine and wow! it was filled with woeful tales of some dude buying a tool and either it didn't work or it broke. Princess Auto has their slogan "No sale is final until you're satisfied."

NEXUS 4. IB AutoGroup

Old 11-18-2014, 10:52 AM
Puddy
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Happy Tuesday Everyone!
Standby day for me, so I'll be lurking,
Heard about the birds, That must be a sight!

Princess auto isn't bad, they usually have what ya need, but for specialty stuff, you gotta shop around.

Would be interesting to see harbour freight up around here tho. See the differences and such.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:53 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 73fan
That may have its advantage but I used to read some of the "Best and worst buys" in the FARM SHOW magazine and wow! it was filled with woeful tales of some dude buying a tool and either it didn't work or it broke. Princess Auto has their slogan "No sale is final until you're satisfied."

NEXUS 4. IB AutoGroup
No bones about it - some of HFs stuff is junk, but in fairness to them - much of their junk is covered with a lifetime warranty..
Some of their tools and products are getting a real good reputation and I have a few of their power tools that will hang in with the best of my Porter-Cable, Bosche, etc..

This is my last purchase from Princess Auto which I could not find anywhere down here.. Circular LED light source for my drill presses and mill..

Old 11-18-2014, 01:50 PM
73fan
Laughing Gas
Wow that's nice! I love browsing through Princess Auto. So much cool stuff. Stuff you don't run across just anywhere! Too bad that nearest store is a 3 hour drive...

NEXUS 4. IB AutoGroup

Quick Reply: Alberta Chat - Fall/Winter