Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Postmaster

Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
got a little over 2 barrells of oil from the fair!

Good stuff too, titrated at less then 3mg. Best oil I've had in a few years. Will have to hit more vendors up next year.
Trent - 2003 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) 4X4, 7.3, Hellvig antisway bar, 6637 intake mod, 4" MBRP w/ 5" tip, DP tuner, IH up-pipes, redhead steering box, 6.0 trans cooler, ISSPRO & Aeroforce gauges in A-pillar, Wicked Wheel, "Bullet Proof" Transmission rebuilt by Rapid Diesel, extra leaf spring added all around, more to follow! Gone BIO!!!
2002 TDI New Beetle - also likes Bio.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:57 AM
Posting Guru

ProjectDually has a good reputation on FTE.ProjectDually has a good reputation on FTE.ProjectDually has a good reputation on FTE.
Pandemic Vapor
Dang! That should set you up for a while then!

1994.5 F350: CCLB PSD - Project truck.
1997 Audi A4 2.8QM 12V-V6- Daily driver
Old 12-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Postmaster

Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectDually View Post
Dang! That should set you up for a while then!
Used the last of that oil awhile ago. got three batches of fuel. Higher gel point for some reason, the beast gelled up when it got down below zero. I'm now out of oil, but it's too dang cold out anyway. I'll start going after it again this spring I think!
Trent - 2003 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) 4X4, 7.3, Hellvig antisway bar, 6637 intake mod, 4" MBRP w/ 5" tip, DP tuner, IH up-pipes, redhead steering box, 6.0 trans cooler, ISSPRO & Aeroforce gauges in A-pillar, Wicked Wheel, "Bullet Proof" Transmission rebuilt by Rapid Diesel, extra leaf spring added all around, more to follow! Gone BIO!!!
Old 12-01-2014, 10:19 AM
Posting Guru

ProjectDually has a good reputation on FTE.ProjectDually has a good reputation on FTE.ProjectDually has a good reputation on FTE.
Pandemic Vapor
Dang, I forget how much colder it gets up north. What kind of fuel economy do you get with your stuff on your 7.3?

Old 12-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Dang, I forget how much colder it gets up north. What kind of fuel economy do you get with your stuff on your 7.3?
I lose about a mpg or so when I run straight bio. probably around 17.5 or so on the hwy. Lose a little power too, but only notice it towing the boat in the hills. At about 1.20 a gallon i don't complain though.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:56 PM
Posting Guru

Pandemic Vapor
That's crazy! I would kill for 17+! Also, 1.20 almost pays for the set up and production costs in no time I imagine. What kind of set up are you running?

Old 12-03-2014, 09:28 AM
Postmaster

Have all mods listed on signature. Think the tuner, exhaust and intake helped mpg
Old 12-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Posting Guru

Pandemic Vapor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore X View Post
Have all mods listed on signature. Think the tuner, exhaust and intake helped mpg
Sorry, I meant to say one thing, but my hands wrote the abridged version.

I meant your bio production set up. I was looking into some different setups, something easy to set up and take down every couple of years when I move. I eventually want to run bio, but don't have anywhere to buy it locally that I know of, or to make it myself as of yet.

I saw your setup, quite impressive. I plan on doing some heavy modding in the spring when the weather breaks. Starting with an engine refresh to support the added goodies I have planned.

Old 12-03-2014, 11:56 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Sorry, I meant to say one thing, but my hands wrote the abridged version.

I meant your bio production set up. I was looking into some different setups, something easy to set up and take down every couple of years when I move. I eventually want to run bio, but don't have anywhere to buy it locally that I know of, or to make it myself as of yet.

I saw your setup, quite impressive. I plan on doing some heavy modding in the spring when the weather breaks. Starting with an engine refresh to support the added goodies I have planned.

Think mine wouldn't be move friendly. 50 gallon water heater and pump, along with several 55 gallon barrels and pipe.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Posting Guru

Pandemic Vapor
Something like what they have on murphysmachines? They have some mid-level plans to build something like you mentioned. Well, maybe when I get out of the Army then. There is the Bio Processor buddy or something like that. An all-in-one processor.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:31 PM
Postmaster

Mine is a "GL Eco Processor" design. Allows distillation of methanol from the biodiesel.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:04 PM
Posting Guru

Pandemic Vapor
I'll have to look into that. Also, do you make soap with your glycerin? I was reading up on it, and good homemade soaps sell for quite a bit, that and the lye cuts grease/oils better than orange and other compounds. It's a great way to keep the cycle of reusable materials going.

Old 12-03-2014, 02:04 PM