1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage

Working in the 4x4 I found this.......

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 09:24 AM
Adakar
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Working in the 4x4 I found this.......

No
REPAIR circuit 1052 (T/BK). CLEAR the DTCs. TEST th
Hi I´m still working to fix my 4x4

I found this

anyone knows what are this connectors?

By the way I found a workshop manual and start tests

Check fuse 23 OK
Check fuse 104...... WHERE IT IS???

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/s4...esof_tests.pdf

In section A3 I voltage greater than 10 volts? NO

repair circuit 1052

anyone have a manual or something about the circuits?
like where replace cables

Ireally apreciate the help.

Thanks a lot

Old 09-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Bluegrass 7
Lead Driver
Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts
You might be still working on a problem but from the post you do not say what your having a problem with and how it acts.
Care to begin at that point?
The adapter might be for a towing controller.
Good luck.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Adakar
New User
HI

Thanks for the reply

My problem: 4x4 dont work no lights no relay clicks nothing
Check the electric motor transfer. is ok
Check the switch is ok
Try with another gem module nothing happens
I use an external signal to activate the relay works but random and work the solenids, etc.
So I think is an electrical not electronic problem, but where start???
I clean the terminals open the gem module (no corrosion signs) and try with another working module.....

Any ideas???

Thanks a lot

Old 09-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Bluegrass 7
Lead Driver
First thing is to understand the total operation so you can make tests and observations to ascertain the point of failure.
So far your not even close.
How the system works;
Assuming it's ESOF, Dash switch requests the Gem to operate a relay causing the transfer case motor to run to it's first position.
Then the firewall solenoid operates to transfer engine vacuum to the front actuator.
The Actuator pulls a splined sleeve to connect the front drive.
The firewall solenoid supplies a signal back to the GEM to light the dash light.
You must;
Ascertain if the case motor runs to it's first position.
If no, check fuse supplying the case power.
If good, there is a relay under the dash that passes power to the case motor.
If case motor runs to first position, does the fire wall solenoid operate?
If no check the case motor internal circuit board for an issue.
If yes, is the vacuum lines to the solenoid and actuator on and good etc.
Chase the issue like this until you find the failure point then what the failure is and what repair is needed.
Good luck.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:13 AM
Adakar
New User
HI
Thanks a lot for the reply I understand now many things

How can I test the shift motor motherboard?
I understand take off but the board is sealed (inside the blue plastic part right?)

And how can I test the relay? this thing have 7 or 8 pins which ones make the "click" ???

I really apreciate the time and the help

Cheers

Old 09-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Bluegrass 7
Lead Driver
I think your trying to get to deep in static testing before you begin to narrow down the area of failure.
Once you do the following then component testing may prove helpful or prove a part replacement is needed.
Go through the observation of;
1. Does the case motor move?
2. Does it's movement result in the fire wall solenoid operation?
These test need to be done with the motor running.
Take it a step at a time to prove out the operation rather than doing static testing and come up with more questions and confusion.
A lot of circuit testing requires circuit and color code information you don't have.
One thing you need to remember is the circuits need to reverse the action when turning 4wd off. The GEM does the sensing according to the Dash switch positions.
Good luck.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:18 AM
Adakar
New User
Hi Again

Thanks for the help
OK motor running the truck is in 2wd
When I turn the switch the motor don´t move
I take off the motor to see any movement... nothing
fuses checked
solenoids don´t click (test them outside are OK) (When I put the truck in 4wd manually the solenoids click and the 4wd light on in the dashboard.)
No clicks in the relay module I don´t ear clicks and don´t feel clicks with my fingers.
I´m already open the case motor and clean it re seal it ant test it with direct 12 volts.
Not sure how test the electronic board
Not sure how test the relay module

Cheers

Old 09-02-2014, 02:53 PM
Bluegrass 7
Lead Driver
Ok this is a start.
There is an immediate early failure to either address the GEM with the dash switch or the GEM is in trouble for some reason .
See how quick the trouble area is located just from observation?
Next question is are there any other functions that don't work?
This question is because the GEM also does a number of other functions such as power windows, wiper control etc. Are they all working?
It tells you if power is being supplied to the GEM such that fuses or power is unlikely.
If all other functions are working this would suggest the dash switch/circuit may be faulty. The dash switch is but 'one' of many input signals to the GEM functions.
Good luck.

Old 09-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Adakar
New User
Hi
All other functions work properly
I test the resistance between 2 center pins of the switch using the workshop manual reference and the values are OK

I think next step is check this 2 cables or replace them,or test them with a tester but I don´t know where they go

cheers

Old 09-08-2014, 06:28 AM
Adakar
New User
Hi

This weekend I test the cables for shortcut or open with the workshop manual as a guide.

In a section ask me if the resistance is less than 5 ohms I put my tester in 200 (have 200,1000. 10k, 20k) and show me 006, 2 test show me this value.... is a shortcut??? or my tester???

By the way finally found a nice odb2 program FORSCAN and show me this:

===OBDII DTC Ninguno===
Lectura de DTC correcto, no se han encontrado errores

Modulo: On Board Diagnostic II

===END OBDII DTC Ninguno===

===PCM DTC P1000===
Código: P1000 - La prueba de disponiblidad de sistemas OBD (diagnosis de a bordo) no ha finalizado

Modulo: Módulo de control del motor

Detalles de los códigos de error

Check of all systems is not complete since last memory clear.

--Possible Causes--
- The vehicle is new from the factory and has not yet been through a complete OBD Drive Cycle.
- The battery or PCM has been disconnected.
- An OBD monitor failure had occurred prior to completion of an OBD Drive Cycle.
- The PCM DTCs have been cleared as part of a service process.

Note: The only way P1000 can be cleared (removed) from memory is when all of the OBD monitors have been successfully completed during normal vehicle operation.

P1000 cannot be cleared from the PCM when: 1. The thermostat is stuck open and a DTC is not generated. 2. There is an open VSS circuit and a DTC is not generated. 3. If the vehicle has a Power Take Off (PTO), the circuit is shorted to VPWR or B+, or the PTO is ON during Self-test.

The purpose of the Diagnostic Trouble Code DTC P1000 is to indicate that not all of the On Board Diagnostics OBD monitors have yet been successfully completed. To clear P1000 in the shortest amount of time, follow the link to the OBD Drive Cycle. If the link is unavailable, the OBD Drive Cycle can also be found under Toolbox. You may also refer to the OBD Drive Cycle defined under the Powertrain Control/Emission Diagnosis Manual-Diagnostic Methods or the Owner's Manual.

Remember: It is not necessary to remove P1000 from the Powertrain Control Module PCM by driving the vehicle unless it is requested by the customer to pass an inspection/maintenance test. Inform the customer of the need for additional driving when legally required to pass an inspection/maintenance test.

===END PCM DTC P1000===

===IABM DTC B1922===
Código: B1922 - Cortocircuito a batería de salida (interna al módulo) del sensor de seguridad del airbag

Modulo: Módulo de airbag integrado

Cortocircuito a batería de salida (interna al módulo) del sensor de seguridad del airbag

===END IABM DTC B1922===

===IABM DTC B1933===
Código: B1933 - Circuito abierto de airbag (circuito 1), lado delantero del acompañante

Circuito abierto de airbag de acompañante

Remítase al Manual de taller correspondiente para más información sobre diagnosis y reparaciones.

===END IABM DTC B1933===

===GEM DTC P1820===
Código: P1820 - Avería en el circuito en la bobina del relé de cambio de relación baja a alta de la caja de transferencia de la transmisión

Modulo: Módulo Electrónico Genérico

Avería en el circuito en la bobina del relé de cambio de relación baja a alta de la caja de transferencia de la transmisión

--- Possible Causes --------

-Open circuit between GEM & Transfer Case Shift Relay (CW Relay)

-Short to GND between GEM & Transfer Case Shift Relay (CW Relay)

-Suspect Transfer Case Shift Relay (CW Relay) Generic Electronic Module (GEM)

===END GEM DTC P1820===

===ABS DTC Ninguno===

Modulo: Módulo ABS / control de tracción

===END ABS DTC Ninguno===

Then I make the test with other GEM module:

===OBDII DTC Ninguno===

Modulo: On Board Diagnostic II

===END OBDII DTC Ninguno===

===PCM DTC P1000===
Código: P1000 - La prueba de disponiblidad de sistemas OBD (diagnosis de a bordo) no ha finalizado

Modulo: Módulo de control del motor

Check of all systems is not complete since last memory clear.

--Possible Causes--
- The vehicle is new from the factory and has not yet been through a complete OBD Drive Cycle.
- The battery or PCM has been disconnected.
- An OBD monitor failure had occurred prior to completion of an OBD Drive Cycle.
- The PCM DTCs have been cleared as part of a service process.

Note: The only way P1000 can be cleared (removed) from memory is when all of the OBD monitors have been successfully completed during normal vehicle operation.

P1000 cannot be cleared from the PCM when: 1. The thermostat is stuck open and a DTC is not generated. 2. There is an open VSS circuit and a DTC is not generated. 3. If the vehicle has a Power Take Off (PTO), the circuit is shorted to VPWR or B+, or the PTO is ON during Self-test.

The purpose of the Diagnostic Trouble Code DTC P1000 is to indicate that not all of the On Board Diagnostics OBD monitors have yet been successfully completed. To clear P1000 in the shortest amount of time, follow the link to the OBD Drive Cycle. If the link is unavailable, the OBD Drive Cycle can also be found under Toolbox. You may also refer to the OBD Drive Cycle defined under the Powertrain Control/Emission Diagnosis Manual-Diagnostic Methods or the Owner's Manual.

Remember: It is not necessary to remove P1000 from the Powertrain Control Module PCM by driving the vehicle unless it is requested by the customer to pass an inspection/maintenance test. Inform the customer of the need for additional driving when legally required to pass an inspection/maintenance test.

===END PCM DTC P1000===

===IABM DTC B1922===
Código: B1922 - Cortocircuito a batería de salida (interna al módulo) del sensor de seguridad del airbag

Cortocircuito a batería de salida (interna al módulo) del sensor de seguridad del airbag

===END IABM DTC B1922===

===GEM DTC P1820===
Código: P1820 - Avería en el circuito en la bobina del relé de cambio de relación baja a alta de la caja de transferencia de la transmisión

Modulo: Módulo Electrónico Genérico

Avería en el circuito en la bobina del relé de cambio de relación baja a alta de la caja de transferencia de la transmisión

--- Possible Causes --------

-Open circuit between GEM & Transfer Case Shift Relay (CW Relay)

-Short to GND between GEM & Transfer Case Shift Relay (CW Relay)

-Suspect Transfer Case Shift Relay (CW Relay) Generic Electronic Module (GEM)

===END GEM DTC P1820===

===ABS DTC Ninguno===

Modulo: Módulo ABS / control de tracción

===END ABS DTC Ninguno===

Can I think my problem is the relay module?????

I´m really tired and frustrated with this.... I´m trying to fix my 4x4since november 2013

Any Ideas??

Cheers

Old 09-13-2014, 08:59 PM
Adakar
New User
Hi
Some news I made the tests again (workshop manual) and found shortcut in circuit 781 O/LB from transfer relay connector, anyone knows where this cable goes❓ And circuit 782❓❓❓ (explain with apples please hahajaja)
Please I really need and apreciate the help