Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

2014 ANNUAL KNOW IT ALL AND BS

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 12:38 AM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
John

I'm not too concerned about a meet, the conversation just came up last nigh when we were finishing the PS swap in Aaron's truck. (Resto4dad)

Old 10-25-2014, 12:44 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,564 Likes on 1,425 Posts
Hey John, Nice to meet you. One of these days I will make it over that way for a meet.

Old 10-26-2014, 09:42 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Holy geez have I been outta the loop lately. Am I fired? LOL!'
Been crazy busy with starting up yet another business set to launch next spring and forming a new motorcycle organization here in the islands. The sea's are starting to calm down around here for change so I hope I can drop in here more often. Did I miss much?

Capt'n

Old 10-26-2014, 10:58 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everyone, been away for a bit since I've been working and doing work on my car. I've also been planning how to ship 2 bumpers to Norway. They are 2 mustang bumpers for a friend. It's going to get expensive but she always pays me for the work I do.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:28 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Good evening guys,

Had a nice sunny day here today.

Wow, two bumpers to Norway I bit that will be expensive.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:32 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Evening Tim! Yeah, i ship stuff there pretty regularly, either small parts or clothing or small goods. Never any bumpers though. I almost have them wrapped up, I just need to figure out who can ship them. I've read that UPS and FedEx can't ship items that big over seas. I won't even bother with USPS, I tried them a long time ago with a package and I had to trim the box.

I normally ship through USPS for small stuff.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:43 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
That's cool. I know how much shipping is from the Mid West to here, I can't imagine how much it will be to Norway.

Old 10-26-2014, 11:44 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Captn, what's the new venture?

Dylan, what did you to your car?

I often ship to Canada, USPS is a pain but cheapest, UPS is over priced, FedEx is usually a happy medium but they require bigger items to be done through Freight which is all online and I'm not computer friendly enough to figure it out.

Tim, congrats on the weather, been crap at my place outside Lacey with surging power outages.

Will be scarce through the week as it's my first week of 5-10s, I'm leaving home at 4:45 AM and staying up north.

During my nights I'm doing a Memorial Project, long story but an old friend and myself saved a dead friends 68 Dodge A108 van from the junkyard and getting it road worthy for a 2 year memorial/anniversary deal this coming Saturday. Gonna be busy.

Old 10-27-2014, 05:54 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by oddfordjunkie
Captn, what's the new venture?

Dylan, what did you to your car?

I often ship to Canada, USPS is a pain but cheapest, UPS is over priced, FedEx is usually a happy medium but they require bigger items to be done through Freight which is all online and I'm not computer friendly enough to figure it out.

Tim, congrats on the weather, been crap at my place outside Lacey with surging power outages.

Will be scarce through the week as it's my first week of 5-10s, I'm leaving home at 4:45 AM and staying up north.

During my nights I'm doing a Memorial Project, long story but an old friend and myself saved a dead friends 68 Dodge A108 van from the junkyard and getting it road worthy for a 2 year memorial/anniversary deal this coming Saturday. Gonna be busy.
The bumpers aren't for my car, although I'll need some.

I sent a set of headliner bows to Norway last year , the box was about 40 inches long and USPS wouldn't send it. I had to cut it down under 36 inches I think. Mailing small stuff is not an issue though. I'll have to check the FedEx freight thing. If it's only a few hundred then it won't be bad. But if it's 1000 or some crazy number, I'll have to look elsewhere. I've had these bumpers for a long time but I've sorta been putting it off/procrastinating. It's an expensive ship, but it makes her very happy so why not.

as for my car, I put an offroad X pipe on and a flowmaster catback system. Unfortunately it isn't fitting very well, the exhaust tips are hitting the rear bumper. Gotta have a shop fix it at this point.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:13 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Good morning Washington and Happy Halloween!!

Old 10-31-2014, 03:53 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Tim Young
Good morning Washington and Happy Halloween!!
Morning Tim, and a happy Halloween to you and yours. I really wish I wasn't working, I love decorating for this stuff. 2 years ago when I had time, I had a fog machine, grave crosses, and a flaming pumpkin. For a low budget job I thought I did well!

Old 11-05-2014, 06:46 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
I dropped my ballot in the box last week or so. Hope you all got the chance to exercise your freedoms as well.

Also drove the truck to work so I can fill it up this morning when I get off. Sure is nice when it fires right up after a week of collecting leaves in the driveway.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:48 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Nope, ballot got left on a table and forgotten. Like most of my mail.

I've been having thoughts of getting a Raptor F-150 and losing the mustang. But the monthly payment calculator put the kebash on that. I'd be paying about as much as I bring in per check every month. And right now that isn't really a great idea. Maybe one day I'll get one...

Old 11-05-2014, 09:07 PM
BruteFord
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
I dropped my ballot in the box last week or so. Hope you all got the chance to exercise your freedoms as well.

IDK if I'd call it exercise, more like jogging up the down escalator, everything/one I advocated for lost.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:54 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
I did but it looks like some of if not all the sheep in Seattle
screwed us over again.

Sean

Quick Reply: 2014 ANNUAL KNOW IT ALL AND BS