Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

2014 ANNUAL KNOW IT ALL AND BS

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 09:56 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,542 Likes on 1,412 Posts
I like it! Good evening guys.

Still sunny and warm over here on east side of the mountains, 64° right now.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:45 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Hi Tim. Not much going on around here.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:39 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys, I think it's either raining or there is a lot of condensation. Normally when the roof leaks here, it's raining .

Old 10-10-2014, 09:48 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Good morning Washington, Got the day off today. Lots of things to take care of around here.

Old 10-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Day off for me as well. Took the family to the Carpinito's corn maze and hay rides. Was fun but pricey.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:21 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Happy Sunday morning guys. Make it a good one.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:00 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Took a day off, for the most part.

Ran to town for a bicycle tire pump ($27 !!) to put air in the leaking tires of my old John Deere rider. 5 minutes into mowing I ran over a hornets nest, got stung a half dozen times while running around like a flailing retard trying to get hornets out of my shirt and hair. Sat in the house while I waited for them to calm down then mowed the rest of the yard in the rain... joy.

Then went grocery shopping and got a lot of stares being tattooed, having a .45 on my waist and the baby in baby wearing/packing deal. Always good for a laugh.

Back home and made tacos for the wife and I while taking breaks to giggle with the little one.

A decent day in all.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:13 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Sounds like a good day, other then the hornets nest and getting stung. Ouch!

Took it easy and all morning then worked around the place getting ready for winter.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:46 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
My weekend doesn't start till we new day and ends Thursday night... I did take a small vacation though, hung out with my friends from norway.

I've also been working on getting things fixed on the mustang, I got a few interior parts painted and installed. Now I'm waiting on a flowmaster catback to arrive, and my mom got me an offroad X pipe for my birthday. The catback system should be here today, the X pipe, probably the end of the week.

I've been trying to track down this surging issue. I tried a brand new IAC but the car wouldn't start. So, I've moved on, I'm going to pull the rest of the emissions, go through vacuum lines, and make sure there are no leaks. The entire EGR system is bunk since one of the POs removed most of the emissions stuff.

Another idea was the O2 sensor, or the cats being plugged. I'll change the O2s when I do the exhaust.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:25 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
So you guys seem to be pretty good at finding deals. Turns out my little sister love the look of the bronco, the square style front end, and wants a pickup. I'm thinking a 75-79 f series. Craigslist didn't give much. Thing is, it's gotta be cheap. And I don't know about mom but I'd prefer an I6. She's on lyrics just starting to get interested in cars at 15, doesn't "know how to drive" yet. We have a 302 out of a 74 Maverick that we've had for ages. Her and my sister decided they wanted to rebuild it, the drop it into a truck for her.

We got the block cleaned and magnafluxed and nice big hold appeared in the intake valley area right by the distributor. Napa thinks it's one but I think it's just scrap iron now. Anyways point is, we will soon be looking for a truck within that year range, and hopefully extended/king cab. So she can take her friends places. If we could get one for a few hundred that would be perfect.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:12 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
oddford- any videos of said lawn mowing? J/K sorry to hear about the wasps.

Gruesome- May be easier to locate a 80-96 as they should be in better condition and cost a bit less. For the Mustang are you throwing codes at all regarding the O2 Sensor? Are you a fan of seafoam?

No work done on my end as I am at work. However ordering parts to get my Civic closer on the road. Alternator and knock sensor on the way. Next should be some replacement suspension parts.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:17 PM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Unfortunately there's no video to laugh at, I would need to be recorded 24-7

Dylan, to test if the cats are clogged and/or a restrictive exhaust: Put a vacuum gauge on to manifold vacuum run the engine to 2,000 RPM and note vacuum level, hold at 2,000 RPM for at least 60 seconds, if the manifold vacuum reading stays the same then exhaust/cats are fine, if it steadily drops then there is exhaust restriction.

You want a 73-79 Supercab for cheap in good shape, VERY tall order, they do pop up once in a while but you'd better have cash in hand and move fast cause my buddy in Rainier buys them.

If she is interested in building a motor then you're better off to find your tall order of a truck with no engine or a blown motor for cheaper.

Old 10-15-2014, 12:46 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Bently_Coop
oddford- any videos of said lawn mowing? J/K sorry to hear about the wasps.

Gruesome- May be easier to locate a 80-96 as they should be in better condition and cost a bit less. For the Mustang are you throwing codes at all regarding the O2 Sensor? Are you a fan of seafoam?

No work done on my end as I am at work. However ordering parts to get my Civic closer on the road. Alternator and knock sensor on the way. Next should be some replacement suspension parts.
Hey, I didn't recognize any O2 codes. I got thermactor (egr) and some codes related to operating temp. However, I've got an offroad X pipe in the mail so I'll have new O2s going in with it. As for the EGR stuffs, I'll be removing it all and plugging vacuum to eliminate that. None of it is needed since a PO took the smog pump off.
Originally Posted by oddfordjunkie
Unfortunately there's no video to laugh at, I would need to be recorded 24-7

Dylan, to test if the cats are clogged and/or a restrictive exhaust: Put a vacuum gauge on to manifold vacuum run the engine to 2,000 RPM and note vacuum level, hold at 2,000 RPM for at least 60 seconds, if the manifold vacuum reading stays the same then exhaust/cats are fine, if it steadily drops then there is exhaust restriction.

You want a 73-79 Supercab for cheap in good shape, VERY tall order, they do pop up once in a while but you'd better have cash in hand and move fast cause my buddy in Rainier buys them.

If she is interested in building a motor then you're better off to find your tall order of a truck with no engine or a blown motor for cheaper.
Thanks for the clogged cat tip. I have to pick up a vacuum gauge but I needed one for a while and just never got it.

as for the truck, we aren't in a big hurry. She turns 16 next August so we got time. To me if the motor and trans are bad, that's fine. It also doesn't have to be cherry. There is a red one for 800 on Craigslist that my mom was looking at. It's not really up to me what she gets but I'm proud of my baby sister for taking an interest In older vehicles and working on them. Not a lot of girls are interested in that. We taught her well

Old 10-17-2014, 10:20 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Speaking of girls that like older trucks.
Here is my wife's truck she has owned it for over 30 years, and it is not for sale.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:40 AM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Dylan: be sure to orientate your new O2 sensors correctly, so the exhaust flows through/inline the louvers on the tip, most people don't do this.

Quick Reply: 2014 ANNUAL KNOW IT ALL AND BS