Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

2014 FALL CHAT THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 10:04 PM
Nsaan
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Long time no see....

I have been busy as heck lately, I went from a month off with no job to working my butt off... though it has not fell off yet. I started with Circle K as a facilities maintenance/ pump service tech, on September 22nd and have been running 45- 50 hrs a week since. I took a small pay cut coming over there, but with the difference with going from salary to hourly I actually make more, the benefits are much better too, I was paying over 700 a month just for medical insurance for the family, now I am paying around 400 for full medical dental vision, disability, everything and it is 850 deduct now, rather then 5K like before.
They provide me with a work vehicle, so my F450 is just sitting now, well it was sitting before, since the motor is waiting for a swap, but it looks like I will be selling it once the swap is complete. If it was a crew cab I would be tempted to keep it and sell the Dodge, but since it is not I will be putting it up for sale.... once I get the motors swapped.... and as busy as I have been at work, it might be a while.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:05 PM
ghanson
More Turbo
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by UP_There
Greg if it is leaking at the pan where the dipstick goes in, I had that happen on mine about 3 years ago, and fixed it with completely cleaning everything spotless with brake cleaner and a wire brush, then using Ultra grey silicone and sealing everything around where it goes into the pan. That option is MUCH cheaper than pulling the pan!
No, it was dripping diesel. Loose fuel line somewhere. As for oil, the pan is dry, just a small leak from the EBPV that I'm dealing with.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:46 PM
Az_Ray
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ghanson
No, it was dripping diesel. Loose fuel line somewhere. As for oil, the pan is dry, just a small leak from the EBPV that I'm dealing with.
Leaking fuel line should be easy to find, let motor cool off, spray it with simple green and house it off and you should be able to find it. As for the EBPV oil leak that might be pedistal o-rings, I did mine about 8-9 months ago it's not to hard to do.

Old 11-10-2014, 03:44 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rockdawg84
That is a pretty good deal. They are out there. I just picked up a 22r for my 84 toyota crawler. Will have to fix some broken bolts and do a quick regasket and maybe a set of bearings for good measure. That's a good find for you

Sam
Well been extremely busy lately working on the engine that we got for the generator. Been one thing after another with it.

Got the engine torn down and sent to the machine shop where he bored it and installed a sleeve.

We bought some pistons and brought them to him to have him hone the cylinders to fit the pistons perfect and the pistons were the wrong ones. They had to high of a deck height and were flat tops which would give it to much compression.

So shipped the pistons back and we are waiting for the same deck height and dished pistons to come back for him to proceed.

So we have had this Onan 6.5KW gen for a while and we decided to try and get it running. Well we got it almost running but for some reason it is charging the battery way to much!! So been working on figuring the problem out.

Then I had to do some work on the envoy (replaced the plugs). Now she runs great.

Last thing I did was replaced some parts on the explorer and we got my brother his learners permit. He now has been driving the explorer and envoy around.
Trav

Old 11-10-2014, 05:52 PM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I used to have an Onan 3.5KW in a motorhome, and it was great, ran for years and years with no issues. I now have a Generac 4KW in my toyhauler, and other than burning up a starter on it, I'm happy with it so far........it doesn't get used much, I most use the little Honda for keeping everything charged up

Old 11-11-2014, 01:36 AM
ghanson
More Turbo
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
So it turns out that its one of my fuel pumps that filling the valley with diesel. With the wedding coming up I've got zero time to work on it, and since I couldn't find a good, local diesel shop in time I dropped it off at the stealership. And since they were tearing into the top end I'm having them fix the bad glow plug connector. It's only money right? Haha. I leave Tuesday night/ Wednesday morning for my wedding in Yosemite, all depending on when the truck gets back to me. I'd take the new Focus but it's still in the break-in period. Don't want to put those crazy miles on it with it being so new.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:52 AM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by ghanson
So it turns out that its one of my fuel pumps that filling the valley with diesel. With the wedding coming up I've got zero time to work on it, and since I couldn't find a good, local diesel shop in time I dropped it off at the stealership. And since they were tearing into the top end I'm having them fix the bad glow plug connector. It's only money right? Haha. I leave Tuesday night/ Wednesday morning for my wedding in Yosemite, all depending on when the truck gets back to me. I'd take the new Focus but it's still in the break-in period. Don't want to put those crazy miles on it with it being so new.
Crap! Dealer prices on parts AND labor.....ouch. At least you'll have it in top shape to travel. Peace of mind is sometimes expensive haha.

I'm headed up to Lake Powell today for some Fall fishing. It's windier then heck in Flagstaff right now, but it is supposed to chill out later today up there. I can think of no place better than the lake to honor our nations veterans. HAPPY VETERANS DAY!

Old 11-11-2014, 09:46 AM
AzBlueWolf
Post Fiend
I must be getting old....61° last night, flannel shirt and lined windbreaker over my tee and I was so friggin cold! Glad the heat works in my truck!

Old 11-11-2014, 12:41 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Celebrate...the land of the free, because of the brave!!!

Old 11-13-2014, 12:47 PM
AzBlueWolf
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by helifixer
not good for bar lube. it is not sticky enough to stay on the chain.
there are a couple companies that will pick it up but they normally want large quantities and in drums or tanks where they can vacuum it out.
it is in two 55 gallon drums...and they could back right up the driveway and be 10 feet away

Old 11-14-2014, 10:52 AM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Well we hit Lake Powell for a few days. Awesome weather, and great fishing. Had the lake all to ourselves! One morning we went uplake about 24 miles, and never even saw one boat

Happy Friday everybody....

Old 11-14-2014, 02:58 PM
AzBlueWolf
Post Fiend
thats awesome, Travis... I'd be jealous if it wasnt warm here

Old 11-17-2014, 02:33 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got some of that white fluffy stuff that Travis has been getting up here Saturday night. Wasn't the best of news but luckily this morning it was all melted.
Trav

Old 11-17-2014, 05:34 PM
UP_There
Lead Driver
City of Flagstaff didn't get any, but there's a decent snow up on the mountain. It's been very very cold now, or maybe it's just me not being quite adjusted yet! Spent all of today out scouting for Elk in 6A. Was a chilly morning!

Old 11-19-2014, 03:53 PM
UP_There
Lead Driver
Everybody else getting frozen around the state? Yesterday morning it was 9* in Flagstaff......the condensation was frozen solid on the insides of the windows haha.

Looking forward to hunting Elk with my uncle next weekend!

Quick Reply: 2014 FALL CHAT THREAD