Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2014, 12:59 AM
New User

sthomps1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
09 flex rear seat squeak

anyone have second row seats where internally within the in the seatback; it squeaks (bad) when your back presses on it or even as you go over bumps with no passenger unless you fold the seatback down; you can make it squeak like old bedsprings just by pushing your hand on the back cushion. Extremely annoying to the point of not even being able to use the seats.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Official Ford Rep

FordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthomps1 View Post
anyone have second row seats where internally within the in the seatback; it squeaks (bad) when your back presses on it or even as you go over bumps with no passenger unless you fold the seatback down; you can make it squeak like old bedsprings just by pushing your hand on the back cushion. Extremely annoying to the point of not even being able to use the seats.
Welcome to the forum, sthomps1! I'm Crystal, the Ford Service rep here. Have you had your dealership check out this squeak? How many miles are on your Flex?

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-02-2014, 11:15 PM
New User

09 Flex rear seat squeak

Crystal, it is actually at the dealership now (9/2), with this listed as one concern on repair ticket for them to check out for repair/fix.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:23 AM
Official Ford Rep

FordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to allFordService is a name known to all
Quote:
Crystal, it is actually at the dealership now (9/2), with this listed as one concern on repair ticket for them to check out for repair/fix.
Your Flex is in great hands, sthomps1! Let us know what you hear from the dealership.

Crystal

Old 09-04-2014, 06:17 PM
New User

flex seat squeaks

Dealership put their best interior tech. on this noise issue and they said the seat assembly has too many parts internally to find the source of the problem to eliminate it for sure; would have to involve seatback teardown(my guess is without lots of time and trial and error which would be cost prohibitive to me).
It has 70000 miles (although my rear seats are only used approx 10-20% of this mileage); problem started about 60000 but getting noisier. Don't believe my Ford premium extended warranty covers things like this.

Love the vehicle; so might start looking for some newer/used Flex seatbacks .

Crystal, if your Ford Seat design engineers are looking for problem seats to analyse I know where they can get two of them. I am in Ann Arbor mi.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:42 AM
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
...Crystal, if your Ford Seat design engineers are looking for problem seats to analyse I know where they can get two of them. I am in Ann Arbor mi.
Hi sthomps1,

I don't have access to our engineering folks, but I can document your feedback about the seats in our system for internal review. To get started, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, dealership info, and any specifics you'd like me to include.

Crystal

Old 09-05-2014, 09:42 AM