1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unable to sell lifted truck - Frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 12:45 PM
joe blow
Cargo Master
Received 336 Likes on 209 Posts
I think you're onto something zimm....unfortunately, not everyone values accessories or bling.

Hopefully this guy has some luck.

Old 09-03-2014, 04:02 PM
KellyfromVA
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, didn't a cartoon version of that truck make an appearance on King Of The Hill? Looks familiar. If so, maybe you can put that in your Craigslist ad description.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:31 PM
tjcprop
Elder User
Originally Posted by MisterCMK
Life lesson? Wtf are you smoking?

Sent from my Telegraph using IB AutoGroup
Life lesson. If a truck has 30000 invested does not make it worth 30000 more.

Old 09-03-2014, 06:47 PM
JST2CRZY
Junior User
Originally Posted by tjcprop
Huh?? Where did you see the price listed at 67K? That's what it would be if you consider the full value of the mods. As stated earlier, kbb value is 37 + 25% of mods (7,500) = 44,500. I am asking 38,500. Someone will want this truck just like I did.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:27 PM
Army RET
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Someone will want this truck just like I did.

Two considerations come to my mind; one is that they must be close enough to see/inspect/drive it. And two is they must have the means to pay what you're asking.
Short of giving them away, selling is generally long and hard work.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:35 PM
MisterCMK
Fleet Owner
Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by tjcprop

He never asked 30k more for it.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:43 PM
meborder
Received 365 Likes on 260 Posts
I think you've unknowingly answered your own question as to why you are having a hard time selling it.

you bought someone else's dream truck and are now unhappy with it. whether it is wishing you had your viper back, or that the truck does not do for you what you thought it would really makes no difference.

for you to buy this truck you had to sell your viper. you took the risk and found out later that you wish you hadn't. you are asking the next buyer to do the same, and it is just not that common that someone is willing to trade one very expensive toy for another unless they 1. really like your toy, or 2. really wanted a change of scenery.

i'm sure your buyer is out there, but with speciality items like this, it will take some time to find him/her.

on a side note, your post is a little misleading. your title says "lifted" truck. while that is true, it is not just a lifted truck. this is a heavily modified truck, there is a world of difference between the two. had the title said "unable to sell heavily modified truck" the answer as to why becomes much more obvious. that is: because it is heavily modified.

the fact is that your truck is a toy. and that's fine, but people who want a truck aren't looking for a toy. as you said, you haven't towed anything with it because you don't have a drop hitch long enough ... your lift goes from 6-14" ... you can't even hook to a trailer with the lift all the way down -- that makes it a toy.

in the picture with you next to it the bed is almost at chin height and the step bars are at waist height. have you ever tried to load 3/4" plywood or drywall in something starting at chin height? by the time you have a load you are throwing them up over your head ... not that you can load any drywall in the bed with those stinkin' horns in the way ... you say you can just hop right in ... that's cool and i belive you - i'm sure i could too, but try doing that with a 2-year old in your arms. how the heck would i get my kid into his car seat every morning? should I just toss him up and hope he hits the seat? ever try to lift a 35lb kid into a car seat when it wasn't his idea? now put that seat at nose height ... not going to happen, not without a bloody nose, anyway.

it is apparent that you don't like hearing it, but even setting aside the money issue, the vehicle is so far beyond practical for most people that even if they had the cash, they have no use for the vehicle. you can justify all the mods any way you want, but the fact is that the vehicle is simply not that useful ... not as a truck, anyway.

it will sell, and if you wait long enough you will get what you want for it. but you need to wait for a guy who doesn't really need a truck, and has a boat load of cash he can part with..... or a viper to sell.

Originally Posted by JST2CRZY
Some really good feedback and suggestions here. I knew my post would bring on some really strong opinions so not bothered by it just stating my responses/opinions based on those. I actually bought the truck this way so it was obviously not my creation I made into my dream truck. As for the post that said it has high school kid written all over it - my wife says I act like a 17 yo at times so it fits . I did buy the truck in June. The reason for selling is this: I had a supercharged Viper that I had owned since 07 and decided that I wanted a lifted truck again, have had several in the past and go back and forth between cars and trucks.

I have sellers remorse and realized I liked having the Viper better. Other than the few issues that are listed in the ad, these is absolutely nothing wrong with the truck. If someone wanted to go back to stock hinges, they are about $70 each. Worse case, a used drivers door can be sourced I'm told for a few hundred. Add in a scuff and spray for a few panels and I'll bet it would be a reasonable amount to have it done. It does have a older sct tuner that was not hooked up. I plugged it in but it won't go past the initializing screen. Have been meaning to call sct for advice. I do get a lot of compliments and pictures taken.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:03 AM
tjcprop
Elder User
Originally Posted by MisterCMK
He never asked 30k more for it.

Learn to read. Never wrote that he wanted $30000 more. Wrote that because money is invested into a vehicle does not always make said vehicle worth that much more.