Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Post Fiend

GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.
OT - Sold my 1949 F-1 but not goodbye!

For the first time since 2001, I am without a Ford truck. I joined FTE in 2002 shortly after that purchase. I started with a 1948 F-3 that I bought for $500 and with a lot of help from this forum I converted it to an F-1. Put a 350/350 Chevy in it and got lots of flak here for that (my how things have changed since 2001!). Back then even the mention of a Chevy engine was taboo. Then bought my stock 49 F-1 in 2004 which I had planned to keep stock but problems with the drive train changed that plan. Finished the 48 F-3 in 2006 and sold it in 2008. The new owner in Massachusetts loves the truck and still calls me from time to time to tell me that and keep me apprised on changes to it. Usually when you sell a truck you don't want to hear from the buyer ever again, but I enjoy his calls. Started on the 49 F-1 in 2008 and I almost finished it except for the bed. Put Chrysler T-bars in both trucks, again with a lot of help here, but 302/FMX in the 49. I am unable to finish the truck due to failing health and arthritis in my shoulders and knees but I have enjoyed building it.

I'm not going away quietly, however, as I have purchased a 1953 Chevy Belair 2dr hard top which is already finished for the most part and so I will be doing a lot more cruizin', a little tinkering, and very little building.

I will remain here on FTE though. I think having built two modified trucks qualifies me as a consultant of sorts and so when a topic comes up I know a little about I'll still be putting in my two cents worth.

1949 F-1
Old 08-28-2014, 10:36 AM
Postmaster

Doc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to beholdDoc is a splendid one to behold
Of course you should stick around! I thought you sold that other truck later than 2008. I think I joined in 2010, and I thought you sold it after I joined?
1997 F150 XLT, 4.6L
2008 F250 XLT, 6.4L Powerstroke
2011 Expedition EL
Old 08-28-2014, 10:39 AM
Post Fiend

52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all
Vern, let me just say truck or no truck, I've always seen you as one of the 'go to' guys here and am glad you're planning to continue hanging out with us. And I'm happy you'll get more cruising time, too. Take care of yourself.

Wayne
52 Mercury M-1
among other things.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:48 PM
Post Fiend

GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Of course you should stick around! I thought you sold that other truck later than 2008. I think I joined in 2010, and I thought you sold it after I joined?
You may be right Doc. I seem to be having trouble remembering things these days, especially dates. Glad I have you guys to keep me straight!

1949 F-1
Old 08-29-2014, 08:11 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52 Merc View Post
Vern, let me just say truck or no truck, I've always seen you as one of the 'go to' guys here and am glad you're planning to continue hanging out with us. And I'm happy you'll get more cruising time, too. Take care of yourself.
Thanks Wayne. Same here!

1949 F-1
Old 08-29-2014, 11:06 AM
Posting Guru

ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.ben73058 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Hey Vern
You have over 8,000 posts - You've earned your lifetime membership here.
I'm always glad to read your posts. You know arthritis might be better in a nice warm place like Austin.

Ben in Austin
1950 F1
Old 08-29-2014, 01:56 PM
oldmerc

oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.
No reason to not stay and play .
Iffley Saskatchewan
Old 08-29-2014, 05:30 PM
Post Fiend

4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatNorthWoods View Post
You may be right Doc. I seem to be having trouble remembering things these days, especially dates. Glad I have you guys to keep me straight!
I like dates in my cereal but I keep forgetting to put them in.

I was one of the ones that gave you flack about the Chevy and Chrysler stuff but you still loved me, especially when I sent you neat stuff

I'm glad you are sticking around, you do have lots of knowledge about these old Trucks - I hope you'll remember the stuff I'm going to forget
1952 Ford F2x2 (Non-Stock Flat 6)
1997 Ford Explorer
Every Thing I've Ever Said Is A Lie
Old 08-29-2014, 06:29 PM
Posting Guru

raerjim is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Glad to see you'll be lurking in the background anyway Vern. Jim
Old 08-30-2014, 08:33 AM
Post Fiend

I do love you Dick and keep sending that neat stuff! Loved the Walmartians...

1949 F-1
Old 08-30-2014, 12:04 PM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
Vern,

I've really enjoyed giving you a hard time about your mouse motor. Not because it was a Chevy, but mainly because it was full of mouse nest and droppings....LOL

This site is for Ford Truck Enthusiasts....that doesn't necessarily mean you have to be a Ford Truck Owner. Good luck with the 53 Chevy. Is it a stocker or has it been "tweaked"?

Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 08-30-2014, 01:43 PM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbytnm View Post
Vern,

I've really enjoyed giving you a hard time about your mouse motor. Not because it was a Chevy, but mainly because it was full of mouse nest and droppings....LOL

This site is for Ford Truck Enthusiasts....that doesn't necessarily mean you have to be a Ford Truck Owner. Good luck with the 53 Chevy. Is it a stocker or has it been "tweaked"?

Bobby
TPI 350/4L60E, Nova rear, rack @ pinion, disc brakes. I've been tweaking on it since it arrived. Found some evidence of mice inside but not in the engine! Was supposed to be ready to drive but you know how that goes...

1949 F-1
Old 08-31-2014, 10:14 AM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
LOL....."was running when parked"

It sounds like a nice car and a fun project. Good luck with it.
(I know that this is a Ford site but I doubt anyone would blow a gasket if you were to "accidentally" post a pic of it)

Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 09-01-2014, 09:03 AM
Post Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbytnm View Post
LOL....."was running when parked"

It sounds like a nice car and a fun project. Good luck with it.
(I know that this is a Ford site but I doubt anyone would blow a gasket if you were to "accidentally" post a pic of it)

Bobby
Bobby, I would post a picture but all the pictures I have are too big to download to FTE and I don't know how to reduce them in size.

1949 F-1
Old 09-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Roast em' if you got 'em

No problem

Have fun with the new toy
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 09-01-2014, 05:45 PM