Sponsored by: Moser

Easy exit/easy entrance driver's seat - Use the LCD to program

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 05:52 PM
srmarty
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easy exit/easy entrance driver's seat - Use the LCD to program

2014 F150 FX4 EcoBoost. I entered this forum because my easy exit easy entrance function was not always working when I inserted the key. (Seat always works moving back with key removed) Dealership found no fault. I did a matrix to test every conceivable exit against every conceivable entrance involving locking the car. (There are twenty four combinations). I found out that only when I used the keypad to unlock the seat would not move forward with the key inserted. I eventually removed the personal keypad number originally entered via the keypad and reentered using the system on the LCD. (i also did a master reset) It seems there is lack of programming when the keypad is used to add personal keypad numbers. Problem solved for me but Ford needs a program fix.

Old 08-26-2014, 06:40 PM
KJ Smith
Laughing Gas
Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts
So, when you unlock with the fob, the seat knows where to go based on which fob unlocked the door.

When you use the keypad, does it return to the last setting?

I don't use this function because the steering wheel lowers and gets in the way.

I would prefer for the wheel to go all the way up.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:03 PM
srmarty
New User
When you use the keypad, does it return to the last setting? Yes but I have only been using the one fob. When I used the system on the LCD to program I was using the one fob in the ignition. I believe I read you can have a second personal number connected to the second seat position. Would only assume that may be the same for the second fob. Interesting, my steering wheel never moves.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:17 PM
KJ Smith
Laughing Gas
Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts
Do you have power tilt and telescoping?

You can program each fob for individual settings.

Maybe your truck does not have all the same features as mine.

I don't know if you can have individual settings on the keypad, I would think not.

You can program as many numbers as you want....

Old 08-27-2014, 01:33 AM
bigblueknight
Mountain Pass
I would've just assumed that the truck figures out the individual settings based on what key is put in the ignition. my guess from what it is happening to you is The truck recognizes the key from the signal it receives from the fob when you unlock and lock it. So like you found if use the key pad to unlock the door rather than the fob, the truck doesn't receive the signal it uses to recognize the key and the accompanying settings. I don't have any personal experience since I don't use the easy entry and exit feature in my truck. Although a few months ago back when it got really cold where I was it , my truck randomly decided to turn on this feature for me. I would turn the truck off and the easy entry and exit would do its thing . I would turn the truck on and disable it and it would say easy entry/exit off but as soon as i turned the truck off it would do it again. So I would repeat the process with the same results. It did it very sporadically, sometimes when i would come back and turn the truck on the seat and wheel would stay in the easy entry/exit position other times it would go back. As soon as that cold spell was over it stopped so i never did anything about it but it was very strange that it randomly decided to do it on its own and wouldn't turn off