Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General Automotive Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

General Automotive Discussion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2014, 05:44 PM
Senior User

BigBlkEX is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sad

http://www.khou.com/story/traffic/2014/08/26/fatal-crash-reported-on-chimney-rock/14609409/
Old 08-26-2014, 10:02 PM
Postmaster

Bigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant futureBigpipes 35 has a brilliant future
The link doesn't work...
2000 f150 4x4 work truck 4.6 AKA Martha
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/...es35/truck.jpg
Old 08-26-2014, 10:06 PM
Elder User

USCG_PA has much to be proud ofUSCG_PA has much to be proud ofUSCG_PA has much to be proud ofUSCG_PA has much to be proud ofUSCG_PA has much to be proud ofUSCG_PA has much to be proud ofUSCG_PA has much to be proud ofUSCG_PA has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlkEX View Post
Fixed it for you, and yes that is sad, on many levels.
David M. - 4” BDS lift & dual steering stabilizers - 35” tires on 18” wheels - HNCUSA.Com "MKS" bumper w/ 12k Winch - Mag-Hytec diff covers & trans pan - aFe CAI & Blade Runner intake horn - MBRP 4” exhaust - Bulletproof Diesel EGR & oil cooler by pass w/ HD cooler & cold weather package - River City Diesel coolant filtration kit - Mishimoto turbo pipes - Driven Diesel regulated fuel return - ARP head studs - Atlas 40 FICM Program -
Old 08-26-2014, 10:06 PM
Postmaster

william_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputationwilliam_04_x has a superb reputation
You can copy and paste the link. It's a testament to how our X's may fair in a bad situation, and how others on the receiving end may not be so fortunate.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:13 PM
Posting Guru

Apocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud of
llittle_llama
That's horrible, but makes me feel just that much safer in a world of stupid drivers!
Hellwig rear sway bar
18" F-350 wheels
Old 08-27-2014, 02:17 AM
Senior User

BigBlkEX is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCG_PA View Post
Fixed it for you, and yes that is sad, on many levels.
Thanks! :-) :-) Using my phone and it never copy n pastes right.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:44 AM
Senior User

carbon coupe is a splendid one to beholdcarbon coupe is a splendid one to beholdcarbon coupe is a splendid one to beholdcarbon coupe is a splendid one to beholdcarbon coupe is a splendid one to beholdcarbon coupe is a splendid one to beholdcarbon coupe is a splendid one to behold
@cbncoupe
Ok, I'll be the monster.....in my area, I see people running red lights and doing some severely stupid stuff in traffic or just on the road in general. This does not make me sad. If you do this kind of crap and intentionally drive like an *********, you deserve what you get. I could give way more details of my findings, types of people, types of cars, distractions during infraction......but I dont want to be labeled in any way.

The only part of this that makes me sad is the damaged EX.

2001 PSD 4x4 Limited EX: 6637, IAH delete, FRx, LED interor lamps, CCV mod, MM hubs, SD diff cover, Bilsteins, Bighead, 4" MBRP, Coolant filter, 6.0L Trans cooler, 2011 tow mirrors, 2012 running boards
Old 08-27-2014, 06:52 AM
Posting Guru

Apocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud ofApocalypse has much to be proud of
llittle_llama
Sorry Carbon, but I disagree... that doesn't make you a monster, just someone who isn't afraid to tell the truth. I agree but was also afraid to speak up. I feel bad for her but she made a bad choice and she paid the price. Reps sent your way
Hellwig rear sway bar
18" F-350 wheels
Old 08-27-2014, 07:46 AM
It's a beautiful day

nmclella has a great reputation on FTE.nmclella has a great reputation on FTE.nmclella has a great reputation on FTE.nmclella has a great reputation on FTE.nmclella has a great reputation on FTE.nmclella has a great reputation on FTE.
Unless you know all the circumstances you can't judge. Many things can cause such an accident. Yes it was her fault, but does she deserve to die for it? No. I am sure many others have made similar mistakes and been lucky enough to not end up in similar circumstances.

"The only sad part here is the damaged EX"

This blew my mind.
A child lost its mother. If that isn't sad you need to do some serious reflection on your current train of thought.

If only negative reps were still an option. The two previous posts disgust me.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:01 AM
Senior User

carbon coupe is a splendid one to beholdcarbon coupe is a splendid one to beholdcarbon coupe is a splendid one to beholdcarbon coupe is a splendid one to beholdcarbon coupe is a splendid one to beholdcarbon coupe is a splendid one to beholdcarbon coupe is a splendid one to behold
@cbncoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmclella View Post
Unless you know all the circumstances you can't judge. Many things can cause such an accident. Yes it was her fault, but does she deserve to die for it? No. I am sure many others have made similar mistakes and been lucky enough to not end up in similar circumstances.

This blew my mind.
A child lost its mother. If that isn't sad you need to do some serious reflection on your current train of thought.

Hmm, well, I can judge. Its my right as a free American along with my opinion. Living where I do, I see at least 5-10 people run reds and I personally get severely cut off at least once. My dad lives in the Denver area and I can say from experience that the people and drivers out there are so much better, nicer, happier and obey the laws 5000% more than the ****-hole I live in. The crap I live in grew in around us after the housing crash. The driving got worse, the cars got junkier, the people got meaner, scarier and attitudes are "imma do whatever I want", and they get away with it for several reasons.

So how bout this, have some dirtpile run a red light and kill someone you love. Would your attitude change then? I havent lost anyone to stupidity but the potential is there as long as people are not held accountable for their actions and therefore setting the stage for this type of behavior.

Im not saying she deserved to die, but, maybe people that see/read this will think twice before ignoring the color of the light.

Also, yes, I am working very hard to get my family out of what is becoming the ghetto.

So go ahead and judge me, send bad vibes, whatever, I dont care. Im a realist and dont live in a dream world. I see things for what they are.

2001 PSD 4x4 Limited EX: 6637, IAH delete, FRx, LED interor lamps, CCV mod, MM hubs, SD diff cover, Bilsteins, Bighead, 4" MBRP, Coolant filter, 6.0L Trans cooler, 2011 tow mirrors, 2012 running boards
Old 08-27-2014, 09:06 AM
Junior User

kennisonxgs is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmclella View Post

This blew my mind.

It is pretty sad that many people have the above types of mentality. People don't simply deserve to die because they do something stupid or have a lapse in judgement.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:19 AM
Senior User

@cbncoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennisonxgs View Post
It is pretty sad that many people have the above types of mentality. People don't simply deserve to die because they do something stupid or have a lapse in judgement.
If you read what I said, I did say "intentionally". I agree, people dont deserve to die for running a red light by mistake but maybe severe things like this will make people think. Of course Im over estimating peoples ability to actually think but many things happen for a reason. Natural selection I guess.

I think everyone that disagrees with my attitude should live where I do for a year and then see what you think. I double dog dare ya!!!

Old 08-27-2014, 09:27 AM
Post Fiend

Snowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputationSnowseeker has a superb reputation
It is sad. I also agree some with Carbon. I wonder what she was doing that she didn't notice the light, it could have been as innocent as the child doing something taking her attention away from the road. I know my kids try to get my attention all the time while driving.

Or maybe she was texting, doing her hair, or just plain in a hurry and going threw a just changed red light.

Like mentioned we don't know the whole story. Either way she missed the light and it cost her everything and put her child in a bad spot.

I also see every day people that do deserve a wake up call, not death but something to change their ways. Many many people these days are way to comfortable piloting their 2 ton machine down the road between everyone else. They don't care about the other people around them and their safety, just their life, what they want to get done, and in a hurry to get where ever they are going. Maybe cars that drive themselves are a good idea for some of these folks.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:50 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
While this was never really tech related, the topic quickly changed to distracted driving, running red lights, and loss of life, so I'm moving it to the General Automotive Discussion forum.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 08-27-2014, 01:50 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > General Automotive Discussion