Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-28-2014, 07:04 AM
Postmaster

bigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to beholdbigwin56f100 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49 Merc P/U View Post
I do really enjoy the info and friendship that is shared on this site. In the past 6-8 months that I have been here I have learned so much it is really amazing and it has really helped in deciding how I want to build my truck. I appreciate the sharing of info and I hope to be able to share back some of the knowledge that I will learn along the way.
That said, as I sit and read this thread, I have to ask my self why I would want to help someone make a quick buck off of my hobby. I have loved cars and truck all my life and have put family ahead of pursuing my hobby, as all of you have. I am tired of people trying to make a buck off of my experiences and not even offering to share the wealth they want to make. Sorry if I have offend anyone just a general rant.

Bruce
So its not ok to sell for profit? So I guess the parts truck I buy and sell parts off it is also taboo? When you need parts either me or someone else will make a buck or 2 off you. I have an investment as does the OP

I can see with 3 posts(one of them being in this thread) that you have shared a lot of your experiences.............

From now on when I post I expect $.02 to be deposited in my palpay account LOL!
Old 08-28-2014, 11:32 AM
Freshman User

BradsF1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49 Merc P/U View Post
That said, as I sit and read this thread, I have to ask my self why I would want to help someone make a quick buck off of my hobby. I have loved cars and truck all my life and have put family ahead of pursuing my hobby, as all of you have. I am tired of people trying to make a buck off of my experiences and not even offering to share the wealth they want to make. Sorry if I have offend anyone just a general rant.

Bruce
Bruce you have a valid point. I have been riding Harleys since the late 70s. I bought my first one because I couldn't afford a Honda. When Harleys became really popular the speculators drove up prices until the enthusiasts had to pay through the nose or wait years to get a new bike. Never want to see anything like that again.

Brad
Old 08-28-2014, 12:35 PM
Still Working

jrmwilson is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the thread

Dear Mark, Thank you for a great thread! While doing due-diligence in your new market of 52's you have created a forum for us to define the heart of our hobby.
2˘: All the people I know in this hobby are wanting to make old trucks useful again. Some of us also like the favorable recognition we receive when we take our truck out. It's not about the money or the condition of your old truck.
I have bought NOS parts for five times what I later found them for new in D.Carpnt'r. The people that sell to me are making money and probably laughing, but I got what I wanted to make my old trucks useful. Oh to be useful. (Useful is more important than retirement BTW.)
Merc's 50˘ on the dollar is high for my part of the country. But it's clear to almost everyone in this hobby, that the moment we spent the first dollar on one of these old trucks is when we started losing money. We know in our hearts, our hearts are above our heads.

Mr Wilson 1952 F2 215cid 8ft bed
1951 F6 254flathead 158" WB
'51 F5 239flathead 14' flatbed & '52 F3 not running
Old 08-28-2014, 12:35 PM