Sponsored by: Moser

New custom

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 02:32 PM
ddbck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New custom

I'm getting new custom true duals on Friday!!!!

Old 08-25-2014, 05:52 PM
1tuff250
Junior User
You don't see that much any more,Im glad to see it !! What size pipes and what mufflers are you using ?

Old 08-25-2014, 10:04 PM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
How are they planning on running the pipes with the side saddle fuel tank? Are they planning on running both pipes down the right side and cross the left pipes behind the axle, or run each side outside the frame rails? Pics. would be nice when the job is completed.

Old 08-25-2014, 10:09 PM
ddbck
Senior User
Thx. Not sure how they run the pipes. I will post some pics & video when done. Getting 2.5in piping with 18 x 3.5in rolled tip stainless Magnaflow true duals. Tips will exit angled behind the tires. Anybody have this set up? Just wondering about the drone, hopefully it's very minimle.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:07 AM
Truckpilot1329
Senior User
You called them "true duels." To me that means a complete duel exhaust system,
independent from each other
from the headers back, just like the good ol' days. Which would obviously require having two Cats, which we didn't have in the good ol' days.

I didn't think it was legal to change anything unless the Cat was defective, but
I'm not an expert on this.
Will this involve any problems with O2 sensors, and how this info from 2 Cats
feeds into the
computer?

Old 08-27-2014, 04:12 PM
ddbck
Senior User
I called the shop to clarify. I guess it's not going to be "true duels". It will be a cat back stainless custom bent system with DIDO. Sry for the mix up all. I will post pic & vid Friday or Saturday.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:32 PM
ddbck
Senior User
New Exhaust Pics

Here are a few pics of new catback dual exhaust.

Old 08-31-2014, 12:29 PM
CuNmUdF250
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
looks really nice....are you happy with the sound?

Old 09-01-2014, 12:29 PM
ddbck
Senior User
The sound is frtricken awesome!!! Start-up has a low growl then a low key rumble at take off. Highway 75-80mph no drone at all. In town 30-45mph low growl until the go peddle is hit.... then it will turn some heads. Very very happy how it turned out.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Go-on3
Senior User
Looks great ! I ran 3" stainless with mandrel bends and couldn't believe the current it made !!! Sounds nasty under boost too ")
With Bassani x-pipe and stainless Bassani mufflers...

Old 09-03-2014, 11:45 AM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Just one problem with that exhaust. The truck is now illegal to run on the street and can be impounded with out cats. It's a federal dot emissions law. I would NOT recommend doing this on a daily driver.

Old 09-04-2014, 12:15 AM
97flairside
Senior User
Originally Posted by paredneck33
Just one problem with that exhaust. The truck is now illegal to run on the street and can be impounded with out cats. It's a federal dot emissions law. I would NOT recommend doing this on a daily driver.
who cares, its his truck let him deal with it. im sure he knows what was done and didn't care that it was done.

And can you show me and others where it says it can't be driven? Specifically to the acutal law on the books, federal or state??

BTW, sweet truck.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:31 AM
Go-on3
Senior User
Originally Posted by 97flairside
who cares, its his truck let him deal with it. im sure he knows what was done and didn't care that it was done.

And can you show me and others where it says it can't be driven? Specifically to the acutal law on the books, federal or state??

BTW, sweet truck.
Thankyou !

The truck was built to get the most gains as possible and since I don't live in California or a state that requires a emission test I decided to take my chances especially when Mustangs, Camaro's, and many other cars that have been modded are running off-road x or h pipes frequently.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:34 AM
meborder
Received 365 Likes on 260 Posts
Originally Posted by 97flairside

BTW, sweet truck.

OTAQ FAQs | Transportation and Air Quality | US EPA

(1) Section 203(a)(3) (42 U.S.C. 7522(a)(3)) is amended to read as follows:
'(3)(A) for any person to remove or render inoperative any device or element of design installed on or in a motor vehicle or motor vehicle engine in compliance with regulations under this title prior to its sale and delivery to the ultimate purchaser, or for any person knowingly to remove or render inoperative any such device or element of design after such sale and delivery to the ultimate purchaser; or
'(B) for any person to manufacture or sell, or offer to sell, or install, any part or component intended for use with, or as part of, any motor vehicle or motor vehicle engine, where a principal effect of the part or component is to bypass, defeat, or render inoperative any device or element of design installed on or in a motor vehicle or motor vehicle engine in compliance with regulations under this title, and where the person knows or should know that such part or component is being offered for sale or installed for such use or put to such use; or '
(2) At the end of section 203(a) (42 U.S.C. 7522(a)) insert the following:
'No action with respect to any device or element of design referred to in paragraph (3) shall be treated as a prohibited act under that paragraph if (i) the action is for the purpose of repair or replacement of the device or element, or is a necessary and temporary procedure to repair or replace any other item and the device or element is replaced upon completion of the procedure, and (ii) such action thereafter results in the proper functioning of the device or element referred to in paragraph (3). No action with respect to any device or element of design referred to in paragraph (3) shall be treated as a prohibited act under that paragraph if the action is for the purpose of a conversion of a motor vehicle for use of a clean alternative fuel (as defined in this title) and if such vehicle complies with the applicable standard under section 202 when operating on such fuel, and if in the case of a clean alternative fuel vehicle (as defined by rule by the Administrator), the device or element is replaced upon completion of the conversion procedure and such action results in proper functioning of the device or element when the motor vehicle operates on conventional fuel.'."

Old 09-04-2014, 10:34 AM
paredneck33
Cargo Master
Thanks for the link Mike. You got to it before I could.

Quick Reply: New custom